Queue bug every week on reset

Garrus.7403

Every friday there is a queue bug on reset . You can not spam f on the portals or use wvw panel to enter the border. But there will be a queue because some ppl can magically get in.And if you manage to q up for a map there will be a queue for around 100 ppl. Can you pls fix your game this has been up for several weeks on different servers.

@Garrus.7403 said:Every friday there is a queue bug on reset . You can not spam f on the portals or use wvw panel to enter the border. But there will be a queue because some ppl can magically get in.And if you manage to q up for a map there will be a queue for around 100 ppl. Can you pls fix your game this has been up for several weeks on different servers.

I've never seen this or heard other people report it. It would be good to have more information like, are you on a host or linked server? Is the borderland you are trying to get into one of those maps that break in EU and no one is getting in?

@Chaba.5410 said:

@Garrus.7403 said:Every friday there is a queue bug on reset . You can not spam f on the portals or use wvw panel to enter the border. But there will be a queue because some ppl can magically get in.And if you manage to q up for a map there will be a queue for around 100 ppl. Can you pls fix your game this has been up for several weeks on different servers.

I've never seen this or heard other people report it. It would be good to have more information like, are you on a host or linked server? Is the borderland you are trying to get into one of those maps that break in EU and no one is getting in?

This is happening on the server vabbi in EU every week for the last 5 weeks. We never had this before too. Like I said you stay infront of portal and you spam f and you can not q up. Maybe it happens because we have to many ppl who try to q up at the same time but that was never an issue in the past.

@Garrus.7403 said:

This is happening on the server vabbi in EU every week for the last 5 weeks. We never had this before too.

Well we have had laggy resets before, but never this bad, or this consistent. About 5 weeks matches up with my experience as well (more or less, it's several weeks at least). Reset is a mess now, Anet has definetly broken something.

Networks are a lot like power grids when loaded. If a whole city turns on their air conditioners all at the same time blackouts occur.So safety checks are put in place to prioritize and queue .Most of the time you don't notice it because it happens very quickly.Networks are no different to prevent server crashes.Spamming the the "F" key does nothing because the query will be ignored and in some instances blocked because the buffers fill up. Then the buffers are cleared when the server opens for business. But all the buffers through the various hubs and nods down the line must clear as well . So really by spamming you not doing yourself any favors .Most of the time you don't notice it because it occurs in micro seconds. But if theirs enough people spamming from the same IP addresses then the server will ignore those Queries in favor of less common.This is intentional is prevent what appears to the server computer as ping attacks by blocking repeated queries.PEBCAK

Mokk that's all nice but if people trying to play the game regularly are enough to cause anet server issues then the game is pretty much unplayable.Also probably doesn't help that just about every reset at the start, one map is bugged, often only for some servers and often remains bugged for an hour +Having maps literally be unplayable because either allies or enemies can't possibly get onto the map only makes things worse for the other maps.

Resets regularly have full maps, big queues and people spamming F. This hasn't been an issue in the past. Recently we can't get into maps at all, the spamming F bugs completely and the maps are significantly more laggy than before. I'd say it's reasonable to say something changed / broke.

Yo,it worked before but since 2 months around now (right after a patch) its no longer working.I managed to play every reset in 4 yrs prior this issue came up. Since then, im either stuck in a fake Q OR I cant queue up at all for like 30s after the MU begins cause there is no "do you want to Q up?" popup.

Also, dont go around and tell "its magical power grid", it worked before with way more players online trying to get in and since the issue came up right after a patch, it got broken.

Cheers

This bug is pretty ridiculous and the fact that half of our group has the evening ruined because of it it's just outrageous. It doesn't make any sense that the borders lock us out for 10 minutes before figuring our that we made 100q meanwhile and we have to get in map that is totally empty. Even worse is when the map is totally locked and doesn't even leet you queue up for HOURS.It has also happened that eb had over 100q and 0 people in map for 1 hour once. This is unacceptable.

Check the code of your reset and queues, because something is really messed up and needs a da mn fix. Thanks.

@Chaba.5410 said:

@"LINKAZZATORE.8135" said:This screenshot was from last Friday. 102q for deso border and 0 people on map (and red border was locked out for some reason, just to add on the injury)

Ah, this is why I asked if the map the OP was trying to get in to was bugged. I think though the issue being reported here may be separate from that.

Different words same problem. He is a guildie and we were doing same reset, same map, same squad, same server.As soon as reset happens you no loger can spam f on the portal for like 2 minutes and can't use the panel either as he said, though somehow a couple of players manage to get in after that and everyone else gets in queue (if the map isn't 100% locked like red was), those 10 max players that got inside will wait there another 8 minutes at least before some people manage to get inside the map through that 100q. Because of this bug many can't get in since often spamming f on this bug makes you crash (had different people crashing me included because of this).

Every reset for us is now a total frustration. And also another issue that will most likely be untouched and never answered by anet.

Having the same issue as well: right before reset trying to use the LA portal few times, it stops responding and you are unable to queue through portal or through the wvw panel. Restarting the game will allow you to queue up but it is unlikely to show the correct queue number or allow you to enter a map that has no queue. Trying to enter a map without queue results into an error that current matches are being updated when they actually aren't.

Archived