Elementalist evolution epic fail

Tom Hsiao.9705

I'm VERY disappointed at how ANet turn Elementalist into some MELEE CLASS!!! (There I said it)starting from tempest overload it force you to get close to channel this 5 second suicide skill, as if that wasn't bad enough they were like "oh wait Elementlist needs MORE melee because they wear freaking cloth and have the lowest HP in this game" so they made the weaver with sword and that super short range REALLY!!!!!!??? who's genius idea was it SERIOUSLY!!!! I didn't play elementalist to be a melee character...if that was the case I'd pick up a warrior or some heavy armor class!!!!

Let's talk about WHY elementalist have lowest HP out of all class?? because they have access to more skills?? with the current elite specialization many classes have access to tons of skills too BUT their HP remains the same???? Is this a bug or some kinda joke!! Really bothers me since I always play elementalist since GW1...and really sucks to become some kinda melee class!!! and yes you can say there is STAFF weaver but it is VERY hard to solo staff weaver or pvp with staff weaver!!

SUGGESTION: NEW ELITE SPECIALIZATION for your freaking next expansion better not be another lame ass CLOSER combat!! and give us MORE RANGE!!!!! better yet increase some 1500 range for elemenalist if you gonna make us squishy as f**k you might as well give us more range and burst! :# :# :#

@"Tom Hsiao.9705" said:I'm VERY disappointed at how ANet turn Elementalist into some MELEE CLASS!!! (There I said it)starting from tempest overload it force you to get close to channel this 5 second suicide skill, as if that wasn't bad enough they were like "oh wait Elementlist needs MORE melee because they wear freaking cloth and have the lowest HP in this game" so they made the kitten weaver with sword and that super short range REALLY!!!!!!??? who's genius idea was it SERIOUSLY!!!! I didn't play elementalist to be a melee character...if that was the case I'd pick up a warrior or some heavy armor class!!!!

First of all, calm down. Take a deep breath. Second of all, if you want to play a ranged Elementalist, you can play the core Fresh Air Elementalist build that uses the Scepter/Focus as its' weapon set.

Let's talk about WHY elementalist have lowest HP out of all class?? because they have access to more skills?? with the current elite specialization many classes have access to tons of skills too BUT their HP remains the same???? Is this a bug or some kinda joke!! Really bothers me since I always play elementalist since GW1...and really sucks to become some kinda melee class!!! and yes you can say there is STAFF weaver but it is VERY hard to solo staff weaver or pvp with staff weaver!!

The reason why Elementalist has the lowest health and the lowest armor is that if we're talking about core Elementalist, you're a glass cannon that if you play it properly, can be very deadly, even deadlier than a d/p thief.

You know you don't HAVE to use the spec weapons right... JUst stay staff, stay long range and enjoy the nice damage traits

The new weapons just encourage a change in playstyle, that's what the elite specs are for. It's high risk high reward in this case.

@Blocki.4931 said:You know you don't HAVE to use the spec weapons right... JUst stay staff, stay long range and enjoy the nice damage traits

The new weapons just encourage a change in playstyle, that's what the elite specs are for. It's high risk high reward in this case.

you mean high risk, no reward currently in pvp/wvw, that's why the melee builds are trash wet noodle bunkers. The high risk, high reward FA ele is dead since 2 patches ago, and lightning rod melee ones don't even have enough damage to burst down other glass cannons even when you run full zerk. Whereas in pve, it's all staff melee dps because only dps matters there.

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:You know you don't HAVE to use the spec weapons right... JUst stay staff, stay long range and enjoy the nice damage traits

you mean high risk, no reward currently in pvp/wvw, that's why the melee builds are trash wet noodle bunkers. The high risk, high reward FA ele is dead since 2 patches ago, and lightning rod melee ones don't even have enough damage to burst down other glass cannons even when you run full zerk. Whereas in pve, it's all staff melee dps because only dps matters there.

Whether or not the changes had the intended effect is a different question.

@Martimus.6027 said:Umm. Why are you not just equipping a staff though?

Have you seen any decent elementalist staff at rank pvp or solo wvw? LOL if you have those are free kills and you know it :# it is clearly NOT viable and lack survivalbility and it’s a messed up design. However a Mesmer or scourge can use a staff and PWN easily range... this is just some BS.

Don’t tell me staff weaver has the highest DPS in the game now!! It is only viable PVE or run with a Zerg at wvw you can’t solo with that crap lol!!!

Would love to see you demonstrate that at rank PVP or solo WVW... perhaps I’m not doing enough research on all the builds out there but damage is certainly not that rewarding at all more like eat dust every few seconds and being called a troll lol!!Maybe rewarding for PVE but again at PVE anything goes so that’s not even go there.

Isn't the point of PvP/WvW to NOT be solo running. The essence of staff ele is long range AoE massive damage. Which it does well. The other weapon sets are for a play style which some like and excel at. S/d is fun , mobile and can CC while evading. S/f is medium range with great defense and CC with mobility. Ele is extremely versatile. just sucks that if played in spec you can be stuck with ZERO ranged options, or with core staff ZERO melee. It's all about build and skill, just like all classes. Weaver should have had Greatsword as the focus weapon keep all the skills as is, and if using fiery greatsword you get a small uber bonus. Ele with a GS would be cool looking.

@"Tom Hsiao.9705" said:I'm VERY disappointed at how ANet turn Elementalist into some MELEE CLASS!!! (There I said it)starting from tempest overload it force you to get close to channel this 5 second suicide skill, as if that wasn't bad enough they were like "oh wait Elementlist needs MORE melee because they wear freaking cloth and have the lowest HP in this game" so they made the weaver with sword and that super short range REALLY!!!!!!??? who's genius idea was it SERIOUSLY!!!! I didn't play elementalist to be a melee character...if that was the case I'd pick up a warrior or some heavy armor class!!!!

SUGGESTION: NEW ELITE SPECIALIZATION for your freaking next expansion better not be another lame kitten CLOSER combat!! and give us MORE RANGE!!!!! better yet increase some 1500 range for elemenalist if you gonna make us squishy as f**k you might as well give us more range and burst! :# :# :#

In case you missed the memo, there's the Weaver. Pick a staff, enjoy blasting stuff at 1200 range. If you short for you liking use Burning Retreat into Meteor Shower to extend its range. If still too close, Lightning Flash away during cast.

@"Tom Hsiao.9705" said:I'm VERY disappointed at how ANet turn Elementalist into some MELEE CLASS!!! (There I said it)

Both tempest and weaver are effective at range thought.

starting from tempest overload it force you to get close to channel this 5 second suicide skill, as if that wasn't bad enough they were like "oh wait Elementlist needs MORE melee because they wear freaking cloth and have the lowest HP in this game" so they made the weaver with sword and that super short range REALLY!!!!!!??? who's genius idea was it SERIOUSLY!!!! I didn't play elementalist to be a melee character...if that was the case I'd pick up a warrior or some heavy armor class!!!!

Tempest: While one can see overloads as a linear way to deal damages, overloads are in fact tools that grant the tempest a lot more than just damages: support, HP/s, boons/aura, combo finisher/fields and CC.Weaver: Using sword is not what define the weaver, the weaver is defined by it's dual element skills. Beside, countless player wine about how OP barrier is and weaver is not short on barrier gen.

The elementalist have low HP for the simple reason that they have high sustain coupled with quite a few defensive skills on all their weapon set. Elementalist don't have low HP due to more skills. It's a balance of ability. And if you played gw1 you should know that health point was only based on which runes/equipement you equiped. Actually, in GW1, I used my elementalist at melee range more than I ever used it as a ranged character, with the correct setup and against the proper foes, elementalists could take a beating at melee range all day long.

SUGGESTION: NEW ELITE SPECIALIZATION for your freaking next expansion better not be another lame kitten CLOSER combat!! and give us MORE RANGE!!!!! better yet increase some 1500 range for elemenalist if you gonna make us squishy as f**k you might as well give us more range and burst! :# :# :#

Let's be clear, only glass canon elementalists are truly squishy. Being proficient at melee range is important for elementalist in order to support their usefulness in the conquest's PvP game mode and anet create e-specs for this game mode. They do not create spec for roaming or PvE or what not, they create their spec for PvP conquest. They care for all professions to be able to sit at a point and cap it and for that melee ability are necessary since at range you do not contest a point. In this context, tempest is design to support it's allies on point and weaver is designed to attack a point by himself, Tempest focus on sustaining it's health and it's allies health while weaver try to prevent it's main health pool from being damaged.

As for range and burst, PvE prove that the elementalist have been the cream of the crop for this these last years. Simply put, it's not something effective in PvP/WvW. If the elementalist were to end up with an e-spec focused on range and burst, I'm 100% sure that the elementalist would end up in a worse situation in PvP/WvW than it does now and that in PvE it would stir everyone about how op the damage are.

@"sokeenoppa.5384" said:Who said ele has to be squishy, i bet that you cant take My bunker cele ele down :D

even on bunker build , ele is super squishy. Just try to take a HOLO prime beam in the face and watch how long you'll survive ... happened dozens of times to me (super random lucky timing through evades) and I survived like for 1.5 sec after being hit.

SO even to most efficient pvp build doesn't survive at all if being hit... it just "evades"

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:

@"sokeenoppa.5384" said:Who said ele has to be squishy, i bet that you cant take My bunker cele ele down :D

even on bunker build , ele is super squishy. Just try to take a HOLO prime beam in the face and watch how long you'll survive ... happened dozens of times to me (super random lucky timing through evades) and I survived like for 1.5 sec after being hit.

SO even to most efficient pvp build doesn't survive at all if being hit... it just "evades"

That's true for all professions thought and it's not like the elementalist don't have mist form and obsidian flesh to deal with such skills.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

That's true for all professions thought and it's not like the elementalist don't have
mist form
and
obsidian flesh
to deal with such skills.
  • mist form : " utility skill never seen in a spvp build since 2014 or 2015"

• Obsidian flesh :" focus earth 5 skill non used since it got nerfed to 2 sec duration and better support classes come out. Rely on dagger main hand to be effective which is the worse weapon for an elementalist at the moment"

Dictionnary_2018

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:

That's true for all professions thought and it's not like the elementalist don't have
mist form
and
obsidian flesh
  • Obsidian flesh :" focus earth 5 skill non used since it got nerfed to 2 sec duration and better support classes come out. Rely on dagger main hand to be effective which is the worse weapon for an elementalist at the moment"

Dictionnary_2018

Doesn't mean that the elementalist don't have access to it and that they don't allow him to take on Holo's beam. Maybe just maybe, if players stopped complaining about paper not being able to whistand scissor and started to use rock against scissor, there would be less complaints.

It's a game where you got choices to do for your build not a game where you are forced to play a single build. It's a shame to see that 2 answers to a perfectly counter something which is seen as an issue are brushed because it's something of the past or players don't use it because the "meta build" rely on another weapon.

I agree that the Elementalists base HP is quite low. I don't really get why an Elementalist gets 1,645 base health, a Mesmer 5,922 and a Necromancer 9,212 while they all are cloth armor spell casters. Now Eles have to invest in vitality quite a bit to get on equal level at HP, thereby losing attribute points to other stats.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

mist form
and
obsidian flesh

Dictionnary_2018

Doesn't mean that the elementalist don't have access to it and that they don't allow him to take on Holo's beam. Maybe just maybe, if players stopped complaining about paper not being able to whistand scissor and started to use rock against scissor, there would be less complaints.

It's a game where you got choices to do for your build not a game where you are forced to play a single build. It's a shame to see that 2 answers to a perfectly counter something which is seen as an issue are brushed because it's something of the past or players don't use it because the "meta build" rely on another weapon.

I woud like you to focus on what "META" means ... cause it has an important signification.META = most efficient tactic available.

Which means (sorry if you don't get my point im not english main) that a meta build is a build that works the best in the current game situation. If ppl don't take that or that skill , it's just cause it 's less efficient overall. So why would they pick a skill that counter (which is a big word) only ONE skill from an entire class? Not worth ... or not meta if you want.

Let me just say that the primal beam example was just here to illustrate that ele is just a low hp pool light class still ... even with defensive options. To get back to eles here. It has better options than those 2 skills ... and taking a specific weapon just for one skill (epsecially on ele) isn't realistic.

It has more powerfull "defensives skills" which were introduce with weaver spec ... and all of these are evade.... that's what i meant with my previous post.

(PVP) Well something is wrong with ele sustain (outside sw/d)

Let's compere with other low health classes:

-Thief: glass cannon yes...but can disengage from almost any bad fight with help of stealth and ,,almost" unlimited teleports...-Guradian: high armor, aegis, more then one source of stability, lot of blocks

That not even decent analysis cause I didn't mentioned what those classes gained from elite specs...and ele:

-passive damage reduction-sometimes protection-...basically must face tank everything or kite

Weaver improved actually a lot of stuff with just twits of fate, tempest just more protection...but sustain can't compere to even HoT post season 1 meta standards. That's why tempest is dead in pvp...personally I think that's only ele spec that needs desperately more sustain. Fresh air builds are made for +1 not 1v1's and sw/d is fine. It doesn't change the fact that every our pvp spec is too one dimensional to be actually competitive in this meta.

@"TheQuickFox.3826" said:I agree that the Elementalists base HP is quite low. I don't really get why an Elementalist gets 1,645 base health, a Mesmer 5,922 and a Necromancer 9,212 while they all are cloth armor spell casters. Now Eles have to invest in vitality quite a bit to get on equal level at HP, thereby losing attribute points to other stats.

Because they are built with different defensive strategies in mind. Necro has very high base health, and a second health bar, but ... is kind of lacking in terms of non-ailment mitigations. We can blind, cripple, etc, until the cows stumble to their death, but we don't have much stability, block, no evades on weapons, etc. (Prior to Scourge and barrier, at least. That changes the picture some.)

Elementalist ... has a few more of those active defenses, but less core health. Necro just has to facetank the baddie, you get to do smart things to stop it hurting you.

Now, it is a perfectly reasonable question to ask, "have anet successfully balanced the defensive options vs health as they intended", but that right there is why. Your ele is not expected to try and get the same HP pool as the necro. (Heck, only warriors compete with necro on that front, and they also get some of that facetank goodness.)

@Dadnir.5038 said:Weaver: Using sword is not what define the weaver, the weaver is defined by it's dual element skills. Beside, countless player wine about how OP barrier is and weaver is not short on barrier gen.

Dps scourges shits out more barriers than bunker sword weaver dude, and scourges also have better ranged counter pressure against kiters. The only noticable barriers weavers make is Lava Skin and Stone Resonance (a skill that nobody takes except the passive proc from Bolstered Elements). These barriers are also the worse pulsing ones where enemies can chunk your hp with high dmg attacks whereas scourges have instant, big barriers to prevent most of such damage. Weavers are pretty awful at barrier generation I'd say and most of their sustain comes from evades and regeneration instead, and these reactive sustains are the reason they are bad when compared to proactive sustains such ad blocks/evade while attacking that other classes like mirages/chronos/spellbreakers/holosmiths/thieves have

I'm just confused why on earth ANet makes the most squishiest class melee?? (trying to bring the diversity in this class? lol) both scourge and chrono/mirage can excel better than ele when it comes to range pvp.

Ele range pvp is just not viable, only way you can run a range weaver is by running with a zerg! if you wvw solo roaming with your staff weaver you'll melt within a second by almost any class LOL!! Elementalist needs rework imo and seriously remove that 5 CD from overload when attuned to different element!!! the class is under power already why being punished more with that 5CD?

Archived