Exploit in AT? No penalty from Character swapping during match

shippage.1983

A team I fought during a daily AT had one of their players start the match as a Thief, about a minute in they swapped to Warrior, a few minutes later they swapped back to Thief. They had no penalty between swaps, and a few of their teammates also swapped characters.

If this happens in ranked, there's at least a 40 second or so death timer you get for disconnecting. If I recall correctly, if you log in to a different character during Ranked while the match has already started, it won't even let you back into the match.

If this is intentional, this should have awareness brought to it so everyone has an equal playing field and can do this. If not, this should definitely be patched. This feels more like an exploit than an intended feature.

I wouldn't say its an exploit just bad game design that needs to change.

@Nash.3974 said:Swapping during AT‘s still give u the 40 secs deathtimer but it goes off while rerolling already. You were always able to swap during AT‘s it‘s not an exploit.

Still you can get a huge advantage if you counter their comp - that's what naru did when we were beating him he swap to scourge from engi to eat our boons.

@Chilli.2976 said:I wouldn't say its an exploit just bad game design that needs to change.

@Nash.3974 said:Swapping during AT‘s still give u the 40 secs deathtimer but it goes off while rerolling already. You were always able to swap during AT‘s it‘s not an exploit.

Still you can get a huge advantage if you counter their comp - that's what naru did when we were beating him he swap to scourge from engi to eat our boons.

Thats true but it’s still not an exploit, nothing hinders you from rerolling as well to counter their new comp haha

Archived