Charr and outfits. I got a ticket response!

This is about outfits that don't exactly work around the Charr physical appearance.I submitted a bug report about the dervish outfit not including the charr horns and ears. It was tailored to have asuran ears come through, so why ignore charr? Clearly this is a mistake or some kind of visual bug! No, when I submitted my bug report about the issue, when someone finally answered my ticket, apparently it is intentional. Anet designers intentionally ignore a charr's physical appearance and most outfits if not all will always favor every other race.

I've always been a fan of having more racially diverse outfits, much like the wedding attire. That's something I'd happily spend 2k gems on. Knowing now that Charr will most likely be ignored when it comes to designing a Race that you cut corners with? I won't be opening my wallet for anet anymore.

Even though this comes off more ranty, it's really supposed to act as an informer to those who still wander why Charr always get shafted with outfits.

EDIT: Here is the direct link (Sorry for the bleh quality, idk why it saved that way, I also marked out the GM name and my name for privacy/ didnt want to get in trouble) -> https://i.imgur.com/AA5zjjN.png

Maybe it's specific to this particular outfit or maybe the OP has read more into the support person's response than the employee meant. (I suppose it's even possible that they were mistaken; that sometimes happens, too.) In other words, I'm with Inculpatus: I'd like to see a screenshot (or copy/paste) of what the employee actually wrote.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Maybe it's specific to this particular outfit or maybe the OP has read more into the support person's response than the employee meant. (I suppose it's even possible that they were mistaken; that sometimes happens, too.) In other words, I'm with Inculpatus: I'd like to see a screenshot (or copy/paste) of what the employee actually wrote.

Here is the quote- I just copied and pasted

@Chasind.3128 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Maybe it's specific to this particular outfit or maybe the OP has read more into the support person's response than the employee meant. (I suppose it's even possible that they were mistaken; that sometimes happens, too.) In other words, I'm with
Inculpatus
: I'd like to see a screenshot (or copy/paste) of what the employee actually wrote.

Here is the quote- I just copied and pasted

That response sounds more like it is only talking about that particular outfit and should not be considered the same for all outfits current and future. Some existing outfits afterall do take the attributes of charr into consideration... while it is also true that many simply don't.

Charr do get the short end of the stick often when it comes to armor and outfits and it is quite sad really. But not really new.It does happen with asura too with some outfits though... I have definitely seen asura loose their ears to outfits... maybe even the generel shape of their head.

@"Chasind.3128" said:it's not loading, but here is the ticket-Thanks for posting the image.

i marked out the names, i didnt know if I'd get in trouble for showing the GM's nameIt's okay to show the GM names. Still, it's kind of you to hide them just in case.

Here's the formatting you want for embedding an imgur image![](https://i.imgur.com/AA5zjjN.png "")

Or, as I like to do it, hidden via spoiler button (so it doesn't bloat the page)>! ![](https://i.imgur.com/AA5zjjN.png "")

i.e.

! AA5zjjN.png

Here's the relevant quote:

it doesn't sound like the Dervish outfit is actually bugged. The hood is supposed to cover up the Charr's horns and ears.

(a) that's definitely specific to the Dervish outfit.(b) the hood also covers up hair on sylvari, humans, & norn© there's an opening for ears on asura, but ... honestly, I'd have preferred not to see them; it looks dorky to me.(d) without having gone through all outfits, some show ears on asura, many do not(e) similarly for charr, some outfits show ears & horns and some don't

For example, Mad Scientist shows ears & horns for charr, but not asura.Bandit Sniper shows ears & horns for charr and ears for asura.

Personally think the hood looks good on charr covering their horns and ears (which it likely wouldnt if it didnt at least cover the ears for sure.) The horns I could bite on but its still not a bad look without them.Its better than the crappy looking reaper hood which is just a big lump with a black hole of no detail in the middle that looks very questionable on charr due to how they stand.

@Ardid.7203 said:Just don't buy outfits.

There's a number of mix-n-match helms that do the same thing. It's easy not to use them, but OP's complaint is about the design process behind it that removes horns and features like they're some detectable body part. It's stuff like this that some people cite as the reason they don't play Charr, and then ANet turns around and uses that as proof that they shouldn't try harder on designing for them.

Thats why i never buy stuff with my charr only characters.. its a shame.

Charr will always be like that.. they even told in 2013/13 on a dev meeting that it does not have any priority for them.

Outfits will always be made on human models and thats just how we have to deal with it.

Anet doesnt even care anymore about visual clipping/streching or misplaced stuff wich happen on ALL armor and outfits on charr.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Chasind.3128" said:it's not loading, but here is the ticket-Thanks for posting the image.

i marked out the names, i didnt know if I'd get in trouble for showing the GM's nameIt's okay to show the GM names. Still, it's kind of you to hide them just in case.

Here's the formatting you want for embedding an imgur image
![](
"")

Or, as I like to do it, hidden via spoiler button (so it doesn't bloat the page)
>! ![](
"")

i.e.

!
AA5zjjN.png

Wow thanks.. learn something new everyday. The post image button wasn’t working like this, so I was already trying to mix’n’match codes.I miss the old forum coding, that made sense, the new forums coding is a mess, and the markdown link shown at the bottom doesnt show all details, and even wrong details...

We should have a stickied post on the forum with all these codes like this one.

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@"Ardid.7203" said:Just don't buy outfits.

There's a number of mix-n-match helms that do the same thing. It's easy not to use them, but OP's complaint is about the design process behind it that removes horns and features like they're some detectable body part. It's stuff like this that some people cite as the reason they don't play Charr, and then ANet turns around and uses that as proof that they shouldn't try harder on designing for them.

Of course Anet should stop leaving Charr and Asura unique features outside the design process (Asura toes are an even more evident "despised-problem" than charr horns). But the first step to give back relevance to properly done armor is to stop giving them money for superficial, "easy" stuff. Keep buying outfits, and they will never respond to these non commercially relevant issues.

Archived