LWS3 Gathering Nodes

This probably already came up here, but dear ANet, could you please do something about your LWS3 gathering nodes? One of the reasons these maps are used is to farm ascended trinkets. The thing is that some gathering nodes seem to be really unbalanced/unfair in what their daily cap is and how much stuff you get out of them. I don't really want to farm Bitterfrost Frontier all the time, so could you please fix stuff like bloodstone crystals and petrified stumps? Some diversity would be nice, but at the moment, it's faster to farm 100 pristine fractals relics than 100 blood rubies. Having at least one guaranteed item per node would be nice. I really think that you got the balance in Sandswept Isles (also being able to buy 5 crystals per heart there instead of 3 items per heart in LWS3 maps) right. Why not take that as example?

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:At the same time bloodstone trinkets require less currency than winterberry ones It's kinda balanced.

No. You get kinda 45~ ish berries per character per day and winterberries aren't hard-capped like other currencies are. I'm lucky if I get 10 blood rubies per day on my account. I could get several hundred winterberries though. A blood-ruby-ring costs 100 blood rubies, a winterberry-ring 200 winterberries. I don't see the relation tbh.

@Raizel.8175 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:At the same time bloodstone trinkets require less currency than winterberry ones It's kinda balanced.

No. You get kinda 45~ ish berries per character per day and winterberries aren't hard-capped like other currencies are. I'm lucky if I get 10 blood rubies per day on my account. I could get several hundred winterberries though. A blood-ruby-ring costs 100 blood rubies, a winterberry-ring 200 winterberries. I don't see the relation tbh.

Yes, but the problem and offender here are berries, not rubies. Berries should be nerfed.

@Tycko Larsson.7829 said:You can change the stats of blood rubies items. That's why they are harder to get.

I can change the stats of mist-trinkets too and I get one after 6 days of doing fractals. With the current aquisition-rates of blood-rubies, I need at least 2 weeks for a ring (that is not even infused and other trinkets cost even more blood rubies and thus take even longer to get). The stat-changing is a poor excuse.

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:@Raizel.8175 The answer is the home nodes. These guarantee exactly what you're asking times three. Farm for them first or ask to farm someone's home instance who has it fully updated.

No, it isn't. They're incredibly expensive. Unlike other home nodes which slowly amortize themselves, the LWS3-currency-nodes have a limited use (i.e. until your characters are geared) and become worthless once that use is reached since (mostly) there isn't another sink for them. They're one of the worst and most poorly designed gold-sinks of the game.

@Raizel.8175 said:

@Tycko Larsson.7829 said:You can change the stats of blood rubies items. That's why they are harder to get.

I can change the stats of mist-trinkets too and I get one after 6 days of doing fractals. With the current aquisition-rates of blood-rubies, I need at least 2 weeks for a ring (that is not even infused and other trinkets cost even more blood rubies and thus take even longer to get). The stat-changing is a poor excuse.

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:@Raizel.8175 The answer is the home nodes. These guarantee exactly what you're asking times three. Farm for them first or ask to farm someone's home instance who has it fully updated.

No, it isn't. They're incredibly expensive. Unlike other home nodes which slowly amortize themselves, the LWS3-currency-nodes have a limited use (i.e. until your characters are geared) and become worthless once that use is reached since (mostly) there isn't another sink for them. They're one of the worst and most poorly designed gold-sinks of the game.

You obviously need currency from those lw3 maps, so... Those nodes wouldnt have been completely useless, I suppose...

@Raizel.8175 said:

Before Glyph of Bounty, it took me an average of two or three days to get a home node. With the glyph, I suspect it would take me one. The rest of your opinion is moot and not Germaine to the topic. You said you wanted one guaranteed drop. With home nodes, you get three or four guaranteed per node.

After you get all the items you want, you can consume the node currency for unbound magic and/or volatile magic. These, in turn, can also be consumed with an eater for items. Six times per day. Both options not only make them worth it but give a huge income advantage to those players that do. To the point, once you max all your currency needs, there's no reason to farm nodes outside your instance.

My apologies you don't like the answer, but the game already has what you want and then some. Again, sorry my answer didn't help you, but I sincerely hope it helped someone else.

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

Before Glyph of Bounty, it took me an average of two or three days to get a home node. With the glyph, I suspect it would take me one. The rest of your opinion is moot and not Germaine to the topic. You said you wanted one guaranteed drop. With home nodes, you get three or four guaranteed per node.

After you get all the items you want, you can consume the node currency for unbound magic and/or volatile magic. These, in turn, can also be consumed with an eater for items. Six times per day. Both options not only make them worth it but give a huge income advantage to those players that do. To the point, once you max all your currency needs, there's no reason to farm nodes outside your instance.

My apologies you don't like the answer, but the game already has what you want and then some. Again, sorry my answer didn't help you, but I sincerely hope it helped someone else.

You can also keep buying ascended amulets for salvage for a collection achievement.

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

You know that the game is focused on OW-content, right? Which sense does it make to devalue (or even suppress) what the game stands for just because there are home nodes? Homes nodes should be a nice-to-have-extra, nothing more. The current situation is just bad game-design tbh. ...and since we have an atrociously overrewarding grind-map like Istan now, the little income advantage you talk about doesn't really matter much (at least in my opinion).

@Raizel.8175 said:

A stack (250) of blood rubies can be vendored for 3.20 gold, so it is indeed possible for them to slowly amortize themselves.

@"Raizel.8175" I can see now no matter what is said, and despite my and others' postings that show otherwise, you want to be negative and confrontational despite any attempt to answer your question or help. I have my suspicions as to why, but it's not my place to voice them here. So, it's time to say, "Good luck," and leave this thread.

Good luck.

Archived