Animation Above My Head When I Sell on TP

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:It's your Mail Carrier :)

Ok, thanks. Didn't even know there was such a thing. :)

Additionally, you can change your currently active mail carrier in your Hero Panel (H).(3rd tab from the bottom above Glider Skins and below Finishers).

There is quite the selection of styles that you can acquire (looks like 15 currently) via:

• Gem Store (some may not be currently available for direct purchase, but several may be available in the black lion chests right now if you don't mind gambling for the unlikely chance they will drop from them)
  • the Trading Post (Parrot, Raven)
  • 4 year old character Birthday Gift (Anniversary Mail Carrier)Likely several years away before you receive this one. On this note, I recommend that you never delete a character unless you absolutely have to. I recommend buying a new character slot for 800 gems (or ~600 when on sale) if you have no empty character slots and want to make a new character instead of deleting one you do not play as characters will receive birthday gifts each year they exist. Even if you do not play a character, it is a good idea to leave them as storage mules or parked at a jumping puzzle chest (which can be looted once per day, per character) in order to keep them for the sake of receiving birthday gifts each year on them.

It has been quite some time since a new one was released, but they do occasionally release a new one.

The original mail carrier is easy to miss - it's just a pigeon which appears off to one side, flies past your character and disappears again. There used to be topics appearing every few months when someone noticed it. Maybe that's why Anet started making more?

@"StinVec.3621" said:

• 4 year old character Birthday Gift (Anniversary Mail Carrier)Likely several years away before you receive this one. On this note, I recommend that you never delete a character unless you absolutely have to. I recommend buying a new character slot for 800 gems (or ~600 when on sale) if you have no empty character slots and want to make a new character instead of deleting one you do not play as characters will receive birthday gifts each year they exist. Even if you do not play a character, it is a good idea to leave them as storage mules or parked at a jumping puzzle chest (which can be looted once per day, per character) in order to keep them for the sake of receiving birthday gifts each year on them.

Actually the OP's description of "a ghostly creature animation appearing above my head" sounds more like the 4th birthday gift than any of the other mail carriers, and it's the one you're most likely to get without knowing what they are. (It might even be like finishers where consuming the item in your inventory sets it as your current mail carrier as well.)

@"Danikat.8537" said:Actually the OP's description of "a ghostly creature animation appearing above my head" sounds more like the 4th birthday gift than any of the other mail carriers, and it's the one you're most likely to get without knowing what they are. (It might even be like finishers where consuming the item in your inventory sets it as your current mail carrier as well.)

Yep, I came back after a long hiatus, so its likely its from my opening the 4th or 5th birthday package. :)

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

@"Danikat.8537" said:Actually the OP's description of "a ghostly creature animation appearing above my head" sounds more like the 4th birthday gift than any of the other mail carriers, and it's the one you're most likely to get without knowing what they are. (It might even be like finishers where consuming the item in your inventory sets it as your current mail carrier as well.)

Yep, I came back after a long hiatus, so its likely its from my opening the 4th or 5th birthday package. :)

You can check all mail carriers (locked and unlocked) in the heroes panel. There is a ghostly mail carrier. This is a pirate ghost walking to you and handing the mail, the anniversary one is starry night opening above your head, being disturbed by a dragon and followed by a claw imprint. In the heroes panel (H) you can check which one you have active (and change it if you want). When you use the wiki you can’t find how you got it,

Archived