Game Minimizing on Load Screens

I'm not sure if this is a bug or an issue with Windows, but yesterday the game would minimize and show my desktop every time I loaded into a new zone. The cursor was still the GW2 arrow and the game window would pop back up after it finished loading, but it was kind of annoying. Does anyone know what this is/how I can fix it?

hello ppl, today ive got the same problem and after many tries to find out how to fix it. I found that everytime i start a game notification pops-up in the taskbar notification area ( in the taskbar down-right icon like comic-text area). I click that icon and i see text something like Focus Assist has been started, click on this notification, it opens a window named "A game in fullscreen mode"or something that. In this window there is one Button turned on - says - use focus assist when you play directX games in fullscreen mode... Turn this off. Since then i didnt have anymore minimizing in My Guild Wars 2, neither in other games i play. Good Luck :)

could be some background program interfering with the game? exit every background program and turn them on one by one to find the culprit.

i had issue with Overwatch where it could not keep the game open. it would keep minimising immediately constantly, found Teamviewer was the issue.

Doing what Krasipeace.1589 suggested seems to have fixed my problem with this as well, which I too started getting as soon as win10 updated yesterday. Also going from full screen to full screen windowed fixed the problem as well. Maybe that will help some people.

@"Krasipeace.1589" said:hello ppl, today ive got the same problem and after many tries to find out how to fix it. I found that everytime i start a game notification pops-up in the taskbar notification area ( in the taskbar down-right icon like comic-text area). I click that icon and i see text something like Focus Assist has been started, click on this notification, it opens a window named "A game in fullscreen mode"or something that. In this window there is one Button turned on - says - use focus assist when you play directX games in fullscreen mode... Turn this off. Since then i didnt have anymore minimizing in My Guild Wars 2, neither in other games i play. Good Luck :)

This seems to have solved my minimizing problem. Thanks, Krasipeace!

@Warkind.6745 said:I'm not sure if this is a bug or an issue with Windows, but yesterday the game would minimize and show my desktop every time I loaded into a new zone. The cursor was still the GW2 arrow and the game window would pop back up after it finished loading, but it was kind of annoying. Does anyone know what this is/how I can fix it?

Anet and Windows have to get on the same page or this issue, which is a watched dev issue, won't ever stop.

@Ravenflame.5890 said:

@"Krasipeace.1589" said:hello ppl, today ive got the same problem and after many tries to find out how to fix it. I found that everytime i start a game notification pops-up in the taskbar notification area ( in the taskbar down-right icon like comic-text area). I click that icon and i see text something like Focus Assist has been started, click on this notification, it opens a window named "A game in fullscreen mode"or something that. In this window there is one Button turned on - says - use focus assist when you play directX games in fullscreen mode... Turn this off. Since then i didnt have anymore minimizing in My Guild Wars 2, neither in other games i play. Good Luck :)

Mine doesn't come up in the taskbar area.

I get an icon in the top right corner that I can't touch and barely caught doing at all.

Screen flashes to desktop and then back to whatever map I just moved to.

If you don't want to browse through the eight pages of tech support: disabling focus assist and full screen optimization seem to help some people, playing in windowed mode removes the flashing desktop, and Anet is currently asking for users to submit tickets. There is no official fix as far as I can tell.

You may have read the beginning of the thread, which is an older thread (with a different issue) that the new issue thread was merged with (not to mention another thread for an entirely different topic that was merged into it, and may or may not have been 'un-merged'). It's best to start at the end, and work backwards; or read the posts near and/or after the GM's response.

Good luck.

@Ravenflame.5890 said:

Did not solve the problem for me unfortunately. I have every single thing set to OFF in the Focus Assist settings, still does the minimizing when loading.

Archived