Anyone else having this problem? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Anyone else having this problem?

Vivilett.8509Vivilett.8509 Member ✭✭

I am super good at a profession that bores me
I try to play a profession I enjoy and get wrecked I instantly log on to my beast toon that bores me but just to ko the other guy/gal

Now I find myself not enjoying the game as much due to that issue

Suggestions?

Comments

• steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

Get a better build and/or practice positioning. It takes time to get used to different playstyle.

Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

• X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well not everyone will excel at every class. I never got into ranger, engineer, mesmer, just not my thing and I've never been able to properly understand those classes to feel comfortable enough to play them in WvW

Somewhere chasing bags....

• HazyDaisy.4107HazyDaisy.4107 Member ✭✭✭✭

If you have enough character spaces, you could create another of your loved profession, but with completely different stats. If your beast is a condi mrage....create a power mirage and try that. Same profession you're familiar with, but not.

Personally, I've tried all professions in wvw throughout the years, but found that it's not so much the profession, but the weight class I get bored with, too clunky, too easy, too complex, too...too. When 3 professions were finally available for each weight class, I tried all professions again and finally settled on the weight I liked best. Let's say it was light armor, so now when I get bored with one toon, I switch to another light, usually takes about a month to get bored before switching to 1 of the other 3 toons in that weight. You can even interchange armor if you have all ascended and try your beast armor on another profession of the same weight before commiting.

Slightly controversial alternate theory to consider:
    You could also have a personal subconscious admiration of your beast which is causing you to not see any other characters as "good enough", maybe their name holds significance, maybe you beat teq with that toon, whatever. You could also have prejudice towards your other characters because they don't look like your beast, the wrong armor colors, wrong armor skins, the wrong race, wrong sex...not saying that's the cause, just saying it does happen where if you're not feeling connected to other toons, it could be a possible explaination why. In which case, BL mod kits or deletion and recreation is an avenue to explore.

[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination - Sorrows Furnace

• Vivilett.8509Vivilett.8509 Member ✭✭

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:
    If you have enough character spaces, you could create another of your loved profession, but with completely different stats. If your beast is a condi mrage....create a power mirage and try that. Same profession you're familiar with, but not.

Personally, I've tried all professions in wvw throughout the years, but found that it's not so much the profession, but the weight class I get bored with, too clunky, too easy, too complex, too...too. When 3 professions were finally available for each weight class, I tried all professions again and finally settled on the weight I liked best. Let's say it was light armor, so now when I get bored with one toon, I switch to another light, usually takes about a month to get bored before switching to 1 of the other 3 toons in that weight. You can even interchange armor if you have all ascended and try your beast armor on another profession of the same weight before commiting.

Slightly controversial alternate theory to consider:
    You could also have a personal subconscious admiration of your beast which is causing you to not see any other characters as "good enough", maybe their name holds significance, maybe you beat teq with that toon, whatever. You could also have prejudice towards your other characters because they don't look like your beast, the wrong armor colors, wrong armor skins, the wrong race, wrong sex...not saying that's the cause, just saying it does happen where if you're not feeling connected to other toons, it could be a possible explaination why. In which case, BL mod kits or deletion and recreation is an avenue to explore.

That sounds like its it, Thank you so much , best advice ive had to gaming

• Odinens.5920Odinens.5920 Member ✭✭✭

It takes time to learn, and become at least somewhat decent at a class. Knowing how a class works/plays is not the same as executing the play. It just takes practice.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.