[NA][WvW] MAS - Might and Smarts - Fight Squad Looking For Good Players

Might and Smarts [MAS] is a WvW-focused guild looking for 18+ competitive players who enjoy working in a coordinated team! MAS is now on Anvil Rock and we're members of the Next Chapter Alliance.

Current profession/specialization recruitment requirements:

We're currently considering applications based on you, your personality, your attitude and your fit with our team.We're not being overly selective about what profession you happen to main or what alts you have, it's more important that you are a good fit with us and want to work at developing yourself in WvW. If you like us and we like you then working out how you fit into our composition is an easy problem to solve.

If you want to join a non-toxic, friendly, extremely well organized and competitive fight squad come and talk to us regardless of what class you main.

About Us

First and foremost MAS is a WvW guild, we're all about our fight squad and our roaming/havoc groups. Members of the guild do lots of other activities in game (and play other games together too for that matter) but the main purpose of the guild is to enjoy WvW together.

Our fight squad runs with a set class composition, builds, and team coordination. The majority of our team are veterans but we are also serious about developing players who are new to WvW or have been away for a while and need a skills refresh. We offer regular class and squad training, a development path and opportunities to grow within our team.

We're a friendly adult community with zero tolerance for drama, so are a good fit for people who want to excel at competitive play but don't want to be in too edgy or toxic an environment. If you are friendly, competitive and committed to learning and growing as a player and team member then look us up.

Expectations

What we expect of you:

• This is a community of player friends; actively participate in and protect it
  • Use Discord and a mic. You don't have to talk, but need to be able to hear instructions from the Commanders.
  • Be active in WvW - join at least one (1) of our scheduled WvW nights each week as a member of the fight team.
  • Represent MAS guild whenever in WvW. We are a 100% rep guild for WvW.
  • Meet the requirements of the team: Have two classes needed in our fight team composition, in the builds required, be prepared to switch as needed.
  • Develop the competency required for the class(es) you bring to the team. Accept and utilize feedback, training, and mentorship and continue to grow as a team player-contributor.
  • We are a non-toxic community. SFW (Safe For Work) guidelines are what we maintain in the conversations and content of our forums, Discord and TeamSpeak channel for the good of the community.
  • Support the needs of the guild for WvW - donate or supply items when we need them.

What you can expect from us:

• A solid, stable community of player friends which is fun, supportive and non-toxic.
  • A class mentor will be assigned to help you with our composition, builds, your role in our fight squad, training as needed etc.
  • Clear expectations set and proper on-boarding.
  • Solid experienced commanders (we have plenty of good commanders, so we avoid burnout, special snowflake syndrome and don't have a single point of failure).
  • Active community on Discord and members playing other aspects of GW2 or even other games with each other when not enjoying WvW.

Schedule

Please note that our schedule varies depending on season, changing member circumstances or even depending on the server we're linked with if necessary. Currently our schedule is as follows:

Monday - 7pm CST/8pm EST - Open tag for anyone on voice commsTuesday - 7pm CST/8pm EST - Full Fight SquadFriday - 30 mins prior to WvW reset - Full Fight SquadSunday - 7pm CST/8pm EST - Full Fight Squad

All other nights are free for more casual roaming, ad-hoc squads or other activities.

To learn more, or apply

Visit our website: https://mas4eva.enjin.com or reach out in game to either Panicbutton.9426 or Pensadora.9478 with your questions.N.B. After we receive your application, we will want to chat to you on Discord, having a microphone and being prepared to speak for 30 mins is mandatory.

We look forward to welcoming you to the guild!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I enjoy meeting up with my guildmates in MAS several times a week. We rally up 4 nights a week and have a great time in WvW bashing skulls and collecting bags. Our guild is very competitive with supportive leadership and commanders. I found the low drama and non-toxic style have been a great change of pace from some of the skilled WvW groups I have been a part of in the past. I recommend you check us out!

I absolutely love being apart of the MAS family! Everyone is supportive and helpful whenever you need anything. During my time in MAS, i've made many friends and created wonderful memories with everyone. I came into this guild knowing nothing about Guild Wars 2 and throughout my time everyone has helped me in one way or another learn different classes and help me better my game play. This guild is definitely worth checking out! Plus, we LOVE new people :D! JOIN MAS.

I have been with MAS for almost two years now and this is my favorite guild that I have ever been a part of. We work together as a team to accomplish our goals. MAS is my guild wars family and every member is extremely supportive. We like to joke around a lot but we also know how to focus as a fight squad in WvW when we mean business! We do have some member requirements, but those are to make us a better team out in WvW. I love being with MAS and I look forward to being in this family for a long time to come. If you are looking for a new guild to call home, come and check us out!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MAS is a great guild with a lot of skilled players and brain power. Always welcoming and always willing to train and teach. We maintain professional attitude and strive to better ourselves and our guild mates all while having a laugh and collecting some bags. Put in an app if your looking for a guild with great community and a serious edge.~Le Bump

Thanks for the kind words @Ultima.5318

Updated our recruitment requirements. On top of the usual core roles we're really looking for a couple more people that like playing Mesmer.

If you're wanting to get back into WvW and get in a good squad before the restructuring and alliances are introduced now would be a good time to come talk to us about joining.

Just reached out to Panicbutton after I got some replies on the forums to an LFG post. You all seem like a good lot - I'm looking for a guild as a support guardian. Currently I'm using a build that isn't very standard (rather than healing it's built more towards condition, boon duration, and survivability.) It's probably time to try some new builds, though, so I'm open to whatever is recommended. My timezone is PST.

Recruitment requirements updated.

Exciting things happening in MAS at the moment and our team is almost at full strength. If you're looking for a WvW fight guild (perhaps because you've heard about the restructuring coming and you want to get into a good guild before that happens) and you don't want to deal with a stereotypical PvP guild with drama, toxicity and big egos then now might be the right time to talk to us.

At the rate our recruitment is going we will probably be closing our doors soon, so if you're interested don't be shy and contact us now.

As a returning guild wars 2 player who has never played WvW, MAS has been really helpful in reteaching me the game and also teaching me how to do my part in WvW. They are very much a cooperative guild that looks to do there best in the field and are not afraid to take in new and determined players.

Archived