Ranger one shot

Sampson.2403

Stuff like that has always been possible but it was a gimmick until recently. Soulbeast allows it to function outside of gimmick mode so now it's just a build. Still squishy though so people running those builds shouldn't worry you too much if you dodge the two big hits they have.

It's just because damage has had to be buffed to the point of allowing 1 shots because with all the defense and immunity you rarely get kills under 2 minutes (1v1 or 2v2 scenario) unless you 100-0 someone. If they nerfed all damage, healing, and defensive access in this game you'd see much better and enjoyable gameplay coming from it.

@Ario.8964 said:It's just because damage has had to be buffed to the point of allowing 1 shots because with all the defense and immunity you rarely get kills under 2 minutes (1v1 or 2v2 scenario) unless you 100-0 someone. If they nerfed all damage, healing, and defensive access in this game you'd see much better and enjoyable gameplay coming from it.

It's easier to break, than it is to fix. Also, remember the spaghetti coding, we are kind of done at this point, never should have introduced new elite specs without PROPER tests. It's a shame though, if we ask and hope for the better, we get a few steps in the right direction and a huge leap backwards every single time. If we lay down our case, Anet won't feel obliged to look at PvP any longer the way it is supposed to work, and it will stay a meme mode for casuals and handful of shenanigan players. If only they understood that skillsets, mechanics based upon, and meant to work on PvE DO NOT APPLY to PvP the same way! If only they saw that and had a way to unravel the spaghetti, that would be an actually a tremendous step forward, but it takes work and time, which apparently isn't what they have in mind for this gamemode anymore, now that is is slaughtered with power creep.

hahahaha hahahah hahah makes me want to quit & go play Fortnite> @"Sampson.2403" said:

is this a new cheese build or has it been around for a while? I've only seen it after the last patch.

http://www.imageurl.ir/images/92220636868737493953.png

http://www.imageurl.ir/images/82740770976677311090.png

hahahaha hahahah hahah makes me want to quit & go play Fortnite

its synergy and stacking,maul/world breaker already hit hard but rangers also have things like:"Moment of Clarity"(marksmanship master) +50% damage on next hit after interrupting enemy."Remorseless" (marksmanship GM): +25% damage on next hit when you gain fury (also this hit is always a crit because of the minor trait "Precise Strike")

add that to lots of little extras like:"Furious Strength" (soulbeast minor) +7% damage while you have fury."Twice as Vicious" (soulbeast minor) +5% damage for 4 seconds when disabling a foe."Oppressive Superiority" (soulbeast GM) +10% damage to foes with less health percentage than you."Two handed Training" (beastmastery master) +10% damage with greatsword"pet's prowess" (beastmastery minor) 10% increased crit damage when merged with pet."loud whistle" (beastmastery minor) 10% increased damage while above 90%hp.

utility skill "Sic em!" grants +40% damage for 10 seconds too

simply interrupting an enemy (with hilt bash), activating "Sic Em!" and granting yourself fury (with Moa Stance for example) will cause your next maul to always crit and deal atleast +147% damage, +167% if your hp is over 90% and above that of your enemy!ja5qDD9.gif

@sephiroth.4217 said:Can someone post the build please?

Highest I'm getting on Worldy Impact is maybe 8k and same with Maul

The build is probably played with marksmanship (bot bot mid) - beastmastery (bot mid mid) - soulbeast (bot mid bot), demolisher amulet, pack rune, gs, lb, smokescale, owl (most likely). Might do a lot of dmg to ppl who have no clue about ranger and arent able to dodge except for random dodges that achieve nothing. It has (here it comes guys..) Zero Survivability, therefore just a meme build. Anyone thinking this is op or that this build is META, has no clue - I am sorry to say

@PaRaPhReNiA.8763 said:

The build is probably played with marksmanship (bot bot mid) - beastmastery (bot mid mid) - soulbeast (bot mid bot), demolisher amulet, pack rune, gs, lb, smokescale, owl (most likely). Might do a lot of dmg to ppl who have no clue about ranger and arent able to dodge except for random dodges that achieve nothing. It has (here it comes guys..) Zero Survivability, therefore just a meme build. Anyone thinking this is op or that this build is META, has no clue - I am sorry to say

nerf birdi

It's NOT NEW, it's just a(nother) cheese build! If you look at this player only once, it will practically explode in the air! Nothing different to the other one-shot cheese builds. And so this post, as well as a lot of similar kind, is just meant for laughter. So nothing to take Anet seriously! ;-)

It is therefore (also) your competence to recognize exactly such players, to counter them and to make them as soon as possible unfit - EZ!

Give the Child a pacifier (dummy, binky, soother or teether - whatever you want to call it …) and it will calm down again! ;-)

maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but i think one shot builds being a gimmick or whatnot should not exists in any pvp game.There are too many variables which makes one shot builds to work fairly well in this game like LoS, stealth, cluttering... Which makes this game a nightmare to actually be played.

Armor rating should effectively counter power damage as the actual design by passives is simply broken.

PS:it is already known buffs in damage increase to 25% max when merged, Sicem or attack of opportunity does not increase the damage 40/50%. Still this numbers can be met because the sum of different modifiers.

@Meteor.3720 said:

nerf birdi

nerf broken as* birdi indeed

Archived