PvE Weaver... Grieving, Viper's or Zerkers?

AegisRunestone.8672

I maxed out my first Weaver. Yes, he is using Sword/Dagger for thematic reasons, so that will not change. :p I have Arcane, Water, and Weaver as my traitlines. I have no intention to sPvP or WvW with him, just PvE.

What stats would be best for him? When I got his Weaver sword, I chose Grieving as its stats. I have Runes of the Weaver, but I don't have any sigils yet. He's currently using Rare Rabid armor, and the dagger is Zerker.

When I play-tested the Weaver back in the demo, it felt like a condi-type build all around and I was thinking Viper's. I didn't know about Grieving at the time, though. I'm not sure, however, maybe zerkers would work? Any advice on his equipment?

@AegisRunestone.8672 said:

@MikeL.8260 said:I always felt that Weaver is meant to be played with the Grieving stats(assuming you use Sword), I will definetly use those on mine.

Cool! I checked the wiki, and I couldn't find the following: where do you get recipes for Grieving stats? And yes, I use sword.

They are using stat swapping on their legendary gear.

I really want Grieving but can't find the Inscription to make Exotic or change a set of Ascended.

I think, based on the fact the class rune recipes are tied to specific Events, that the inscriptions are also either a rare drop from trade chests, events or tied to a specific event line or simply aren't in the game.

@Unknown.3976 said:

@AegisRunestone.8672 said:

@MikeL.8260 said:I always felt that Weaver is meant to be played with the Grieving stats(assuming you use Sword), I will definetly use those on mine.

Cool! I checked the wiki, and I couldn't find the following: where do you get recipes for Grieving stats? And yes, I use sword.

They are using stat swapping on their legendary gear.

Oh man, no, no, no. I'm already struggling with The Shining Blade as it is. Finally got to t3 precursor, but oh man... I know what I need for the Forge, I just have like 1% of what I need.

I hope there are some recipes somewhere!

@Ulion.5476 said:Also pvp/wvw gear can swap to grieving stats too. Not sure if anyone has found the recipe for grieving gear yet.

There's got to be a recipe somewhere... Here on the wiki's attributes page, if you scroll down to the middle where Viper's and Sage's are, Grieving is in the middle. Oddly enough, the chart says they aren't PvP stats (someone needs to update that).

Also, yesterday on the Weaver's sword page, Grieving wasn't there, listed as "unknown attribute combination." However, it seems they updated it.

If we can pick Grieving stats for Weaver's sword, there has to be recipes for PvE. I don't know, though, I've heard some people have already completed the campaign of PoF. And no news of Grieving stat recipes. :/

So, until then, should I just go with pure Vipers on everything else?

@Crinn.7864 said:

@AegisRunestone.8672 said:Oddly enough, the chart says they aren't PvP stats (someone needs to update that).

They aren't PvP stats. None of the PoF stats, runes, or sigils are being put into sPvP

They are not PvP stats, but you can get ascended armor/itens with that stat as reward from PvP league (with ascended shards of glory)

I don't think water arcana will be useful to max out the damage in pve.Since sword relies on condi a lot but has some good damage here and there (spam 1 earth or fire, 3 in pure earth, 5 earth with dagger, 3 water/earth for exemple) you might want to use grieving with a bit of expertise wherever you can put some. I don't really know how much expertise is needed to really have a long enough condi damage, so I'll pass, but grieving is golden, lacks of expertise but it's golden.

Also you can sacrifice your water/arcana lines for fire/air (1-1-1 / 3-3-1) for max damage or fire/earth (1-3-1 / 2-1-1) for max condition and a bit of toughness and cleansing. But damage sword is really bad so I don't see the point of getting the air line. (Even if it might work in pve with FE, it's not good enough in pve) Arcana line is not really good without water, provides reduction cd on attunements but I'm sure people will find a way to play without it. Also your main conditions are bleeding and burning so... 20% condi duration for both those 2 condi is stronk. (And damage modifier if the enemy has burning or bleeding or both)Getting extra condition damage is welcome.

But water/arcana is the kind of thing you want to avoid, since you'll do damages. Fekc health on dodge or f2 or vigor, you have 4 skills that make you dodge. ( 2 earth 2 water 5 air and twist of fate)

I'm still trying to figure this out, so don't take my fire/earth exemple too seriously, but take the "no water/arcana" very seriously as it kills your dps :p

I've been switching out most stuff by now for Grieving (exotic from collections & Tomb of Primeval Kings) and I am using sword in open PvE and melt stuff. I did the story and everything in the old Berserker build (fire-air-weaver) and had no issues what so ever, but switching from Ascended Berserker set to Exotic Grieving / Sinister / Viper (whatever I had) I see an improvement.

God I wish Sword worked better in Fractals / raids as I absolutely love the play style

I maxed out my first Weaver. Yes, he is using Sword/Dagger for thematic reasons, so that will not change. :p I have Arcane, Water, and Weaver as my traitlines. I have no intention to sPvP or WvW with him, just PvE.

What stats would be best for him? When I got his Weaver sword, I chose Grieving as its stats. I have Runes of the Weaver, but I don't have any sigils yet. He's currently using Rare Rabid armor, and the dagger is Zerker.

With Sword/Dagger and the Arcane spec, you're set up for a broad range of condis. Look to Viper stats with Nightmare (x4)/Trapper (x2) Runes and Malice/Bursting Sigils. Make sure you have Primordial Stance (utility) and Weave Self (elite). Something lile this, maybe?

Alternative suggestion: Sinister. Especially if you focus on burning, you can max out your burning duration without a single point of Expertise:

• +20% burning duration from Pyromancer's Training
  • +20% condition duration from Weaver's Prowess.
  • +20% burning duration from Superior Sigil of Smoldering
  • +45% burning duration from Superior Runes of Balthazar

That means you can trade that Expertise for something else. My guess is that Sinister--which gives you more Condition Damage--is going to work out better than Grieving, though I haven't seen any numbers either way yet.

Compared to Viper's, though, with Sinister you end up with a ton more critical chance and significantly more Condition Damage. It's possible that trading a few pieces for Viper's and trying to do both burning and bleeding with sword might work out, but if I had to bet, I'd say going all-in on burning will still be the best option.

@Agent Noun.7350 said:Alternative suggestion: Sinister. Especially if you focus on burning, you can max out your burning duration without a single point of Expertise:

I'm a big fan of Sinister and Fire, but he went Water/Arcane. Given all the potential condis coming off Arcane and rapid attunement switching, I wanted to give him the best coverage possible.

@mygamingid.5816 said:

@Agent Noun.7350 said:Alternative suggestion: Sinister. Especially if you focus on burning, you can max out your burning duration without a single point of Expertise:

I'm a big fan of Sinister and Fire, but he went Water/Arcane. Given all the potential condis coming off Arcane and rapid attunement switching, I wanted to give him the best coverage possible.

I'll add that you can get bleeds to 75% and burns to 100% running a Sinister set with just enough Viper for 15% condi duration (Earth/Fire/Weaver).

@mygamingid.5816 said:

@"Agent Noun.7350" said:Alternative suggestion: Sinister. Especially if you focus on burning, you can max out your burning duration without a single point of Expertise:

I just swapped out of Water and replaced it with Air last night.

Mind you, my characters are thematic. Take my asura thief for example. She uses dagger/dagger and shortbow. She's also a Daredevil. Off-hand dagger for thief, currently, is extremely weak, but she's a full melee assassin, so I'm not changing her weapons (and I'm not going sword/dagger because, primarily, I'd have to go through the pain of making an ascended sword, and making sure to get the same sigils and extract the +8 Agony infusion from the dagger. Not worth it, IMO).

Also, I mistakenly did not use a traitline which is considered necessary for all thief builds: Trickery. I was using Deadly Arts, Shadow Arts, and Daredevil. I used Deadly Arts because it gave me another heal: Mug. However, I swapped Deadly Arts to Trickery a few weeks back, and I saw WHY it was necessary. I was doing more damage and I had more initiative.

My Weaver is thematic, too. He's actually a Magi Warrior from another world (of my own creation, lol). A Magi Warrior is a fighter who can cast arcane spells without armor penalty. Basically, he can wear heavy armor and use magic. Story-line wise, his favored weapon is the sword. Hence why I went with Weaver for him.

In any case, I feel like Arcane is a good traitline, and he also prefers lightning magic (though, not to the degree of my female elementalist, who calls herself "The Scion of Storms." She's crazy deadly with lightning magic), so I swapped water out for air.

That was a long-winded explanation, but I don't have Water anymore. I know it's not fire/air or fire/earth, but I'd like to keep my themes. Also, my thematic thief is pretty effective in PvE, which is my primary play mode on all my characters.

Sinister does sound like a good option, but I may not go with it. I've got the recipes, I just need to know where to find the insignias (or how to make them) for the armor and the jewels for the rings/amulets/accessories.

This is my dream set-up.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsdncMAFNgNNAG5C8RgFBA7eVHrv1CXySQNMIAEKPAA-jxBPQBW6BAcpTAA/UCaOlfYUPgIV/BA7PEA4AY8iHAjP+4jP+4V8xHf8xHf8xHf8SB8oGM-e

I'm not sure about raids, but for open world and fractals, I'm so excited to see 20k+ burning ticks along bursty power damage. Grieving looks like it'll offer some really nice damage.

I think for power damage though, it scales so damn well off itself, the condition damage you gain will likely not offset to dps loss in a benchmark scenario. However, condition damage is so easy to stack with this build, and the power damage makes sure you are truly flexible in what you can do.

Regardless of what does higher damage, griever's is my dream set for ele. (outside cele) It's so easy to cap 100% burn duration, so you only need condition damage; leaving you room for power/prec/fero.

Archived