Dear A Net, Please Make opening a Sunken Chest Repeatable outside of the achievement.

So, unless I'm crazy & I apologize if this is in error, you can't open the Sunken Chests unless it's one that you haven't previously opened in an iteration of the 10 chest-10 AP cycle.

With the upper level swim speed infusions taking as many +10 infusions I estimate roughly noone is going to be able to obtain any of the higher level ones. Also I really don't think that many people care about AP, I know a lot do, but I only see the supply of swim speed infusions that actually exist on the market only going down with time as fewer people either complete or stop doing the achievement.

What I propose is this: Make the 1 chest (not all 10) openable once per day but don't have it yield any AP unless it's one you haven't done in the 10-chest cycle. That way people would still have to kill 10 krait even if they parked a different toon at a chest.

Far as I know as long as you have a key you can open any chest, even one already previously opened...that is the only restriction for opening chests, having a key, unless you've tried to open the same chest with a key and it said you've already opened that chest today.

@Zaklex.6308 said:Far as I know as long as you have a key you can open any chest, even one already previously opened...that is the only restriction for opening chests, having a key, unless you've tried to open the same chest with a key and it said you've already opened that chest today.

No, you can only open Chests you haven't opened in the cycle of 10. But, you can acquire Keys by methods other than the Krait Daily.

@PseudoOAlias.4279 said:I estimate roughly noone is going to be able to obtain any of the higher level ones.Why does that matter? People can't sensibly obtain AR+30 infusions either. ANet could have arbitrarily made the max level Swim+15 or Swim+20 or Swim+25. Or Swim+50. I suspect they chose Swim+30 as the cap because we can imagine reaching that, even though it's still very unrealistic.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Zaklex.6308 said:Far as I know as long as you have a key you can open any chest, even one already previously opened...that is the only restriction for opening chests, having a key, unless you've tried to open the same chest with a key and it said you've already opened that chest today.

No, you can only open Chests you haven't opened in the cycle of 10. But, you can acquire Keys by methods other than the Krait Daily.

In that case the message needs to be changed when you try to open a chest that you've already opened, because all it says is you need a key to open that chest(nothing about having to open a chest you haven't opened yet).

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I got a key dropped from a risen creature in straights of devestation. So they do indeed drop randomly from enemies.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:You can open the same chest repeatedly, and you can do the event repeatedly, as long as you have the keys.

I got the key from the daily, and with the key I got dropped from a risen, I went to a chest I hadn't opened yet for the achievement. I was only able to open the chest once. It gave me a message that I couldn't open the chest even though I still had another key in my inventory.

I haven't opened all of the chests for the achievement yet, but I keep hearing players aren't able to open them more than once each. Perhaps you need to have opened all chests once to count for the Master Diver achievement before it resets and you can open the chests again? The Master Diver achievement is infinite and a total of 50 chests opened is needed to get all of the achievement points it awards, but if we can only open each of the 10 chests only once each, it would be impossible to get all the AP from Master Diver.

Edit: I was able to open a second chest that day that I hadn't opened before. So it at least saved me a day of killing krait. I do admit though, I haven't tried opening chests I've already opened, other than the one when I had 2 keys. I've been working on getting all 10 for the achievement, so I don't know if you can open the same chest again after 24 hours has passed, even though Master Diver hasn't been completed yet.

As I suspected. After opening the 10 chests to complete the Master Diver achievement, it reset the next day, allowing me to open the first chest again.

So it seems the achievement forces you to open each of the 10 chests before you're allowed to open any of them again. Meaning, you can't pick the easiest chest to get to and open only that chest every day.

Archived