Scourge slaughtering CM, solo

I had been thinking that Scourge was toned down enough. Sadly, I just watched a brand new Scourge ( level 80 boosted) essentially solo CM path 1.

The idea of large and highly mobile AOE should never have been introduced. It is abundantly clear that the build is OP, when a brand new scourge can essentially solo a dungeon.. He didn't even bother with the traditional sneak and skip. He merely killed everything in his path.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:I had been thinking that Scourge was toned down enough. Sadly, I just watched a brand new Scourge ( level 80 boosted) essentially solo CM path 1.

The idea of large and highly mobile AOE should never have been introduced. It is abundantly clear that the build is OP, when a brand new scourge can essentially solo a dungeon.. He didn't even bother with the traditional sneak and skip. He merely killed everything in his path.

I don't get why this is a problem ... people have been soloing dungeons for a LONG time. A scourge soloing a dungeon is not an indication of the power of a spec ... metapushers were soloing dungeons on the worst builds they could think of, thinking it was a show of how bad a build was.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:I had been thinking that Scourge was toned down enough. Sadly, I just watched a brand new Scourge ( level 80 boosted) essentially solo CM path 1.

OMG. Get the Nerf hammer here quickly. /Shrug

I did an Arah path recently that I hadn't done before. The other 4 members of my group died halfway through that giant wolf-man boss and I just finished him solo. I'm sure this was a big deal years ago, but power creep happened. I don't even know this guy's mechanics at all and was able to solo it. I wasn't playing scourge either!

This doesn't strike me as an issue with scourge so much as an issue with power creep from the expansions poorly interacting with old content.

Interesting. Did you do it yet solo? If not, its probably not OP. Just more as a skilled person playing.

So, since CM was the daily yesterday I went ahead and tried path 3 solo. I had no trouble with it. The first two bosses went down on the first try, then I got disconnected. But I decided that the lack of any serious resistance up until that point made for a decent test.

Power creep vs. Old content. Power creep wins!

Archived