[SUGGESTION] for Sunken Treasure Keys

Wiki says that there's small chance for it to drop from mobs all across Tyria, however so far I haven't had any and the only way besides that is from daily krait kills.So my suggestion is: - Use this to revive jumping puzzles and dungeons and have 2-3 dailies instead that would be something like:

• Complete (name) jumping puzzle
  • Complete any (dungeon name) path (or set a specific dungeon path instead)
  • Kill x...and so on.

I feel like little things like this could give life to many aspects of the game that are not being done these days and at the same time do achievements.So it's a win-win situation in every case:

• People who came later get to do dungeons
  • Everyone gets rewards

I'd like to see some more variety in the "blood in the water" daily. Killing 10 krait every day will get boring soon, so why not kill 10 sharks? Kill 10 scorpion fish? Kill 10 scale? kill 10 drake underwater?If they added the keys to dungeons, Honour of the waves would make sense, considering that a large proportion of the explorable paths are underwater.

The whole addition looks very unfinished and boring. Every day the same daily and the locations of these treasures can even be looked up in the achievement panel. Very lame.Also the droprate is abysmal. Still havent found a single key despite killing many 100 of mobs (and enemies in WvW). At this rate the 60 AP is basically behind a virtual 99 day timegate you can speed up with some incredible luck.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Well, it
is
, as intended, a long-term goal. Why must everything be immediate?It is not even a long term goal since you can buy the infusions for cheap on trading post.The whole thing is just a hidden +60 buff to the daily achievement point cap.

Then, why lament about the '99-day timegate'?

@MetalGirl.2370 said:So my suggestion is: - Use this to revive jumping puzzles and dungeons and have 2-3 dailies instead that would be something like:[...]I feel like little things like this could give life to many aspects of the game that are not being done these days and at the same time do achievements.

This is a great idea! Would love to see this introduced. <3

@Biff.5312 said:I've had one drop. I don't see any problem, nor a need for changes.

That's a bit short-sighted. Giving life to other game modes is always a plus. Why be against that?

@Zeivu.3615 said:

@"MetalGirl.2370" said:

The forum would melt with all the "ermergerd nerf mesmer portals plox!" threads.

Checkpoints. We need checkpoints.

Prototype Position Rewinder is available for everyone who has the latest lw story. Just play cautiously when you get it.

No I mean people just press F and the JP is done. I would like a checkpoint system where;

• Completing the JP gives 5 AP.
  • Checkpoints (X/X) each checkpoint gives 2 AP and some rewards(optional).

That way there will be incentive to do JPs instead of tipping a guy 1-2G every time when you use their portal.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

@"MetalGirl.2370" said:

The forum would melt with all the "ermergerd nerf mesmer portals plox!" threads.

Prototype Position Rewinder is available for everyone who has the latest lw story. Just play cautiously when you get it.

No I mean people just press F and the JP is done. I would like a checkpoint system where;

That way there will be incentive to do JPs instead of tipping a guy 1-2G every time when you use their portal.

I think that would give non-JP-Enthusiast players even less incentive to complete the JPs. While there are people like me (and I assume you) who do enjoy doing JPs, there are many other players who don't like doing them (and some who just can't get them done because they can't figure out the jumps). We have checkpoints in a small handful of JPs, and I like having those JPs with the checkpoints. But I don't think they should become something that goes with every or even most JPs, and I think that putting them in every JP will keep more players away than it will attract them.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

@"MetalGirl.2370" said:

I'll be on board with that the day that Anet makes the rewards actually worth going after. Every time I'm in Lions Arch these days, I check and see basically zero people doing Troll's Reveng, even though the Griffon Mount makes it a breeze to do it. The rewards are simply not worth it. It was the exact same for the two puzzles at Morgan's Spiral. Every time I went through on a character doing world completion or such, or when the daily events were Caledon, the two puzzles were vacant. You could hop up to the first one, then griffon over to the second, and wind up with about 10silver at the most in loot. Spend just a little more time on a RIBA map in Silverwastes and you'll have made 5x that and had a much better chance at an exotic or pre drop.All this outrage over mounts and portals being used at Jumping Puzzles is fantasy. Anets dev time to go and make such changes, and the changes this past few months to the existing puzzles has been a waste of time, and it would be a waste of time to make checkpoints etc. The loot isn't worth it as it stands now, adding checkpoints will serve to do nothing but make the puzzles even less wanted.

@Neural.1824 said:

@"MetalGirl.2370" said:

I'll be on board with that the day that Anet makes the rewards actually worth going after. Every time I'm in Lions Arch these days, I check and see basically zero people doing Troll's Reveng, even though the Griffon Mount makes it a breeze to do it. The rewards are simply not worth it. It was the exact same for the two puzzles at Morgan's Spiral. Every time I went through on a character doing world completion or such, or when the daily events were Caledon, the two puzzles were vacant. You could hop up to the first one, then griffon over to the second, and wind up with about 10silver at the most in loot. Spend just a little more time on a RIBA map in Silverwastes and you'll have made 5x that and had a much better chance at an exotic or pre drop.All this outrage over mounts and portals being used at Jumping Puzzles is fantasy. Anets dev time to go and make such changes, and the changes this past few months to the existing puzzles has been a waste of time, and it would be a waste of time to make checkpoints etc. The loot isn't worth it as it stands now, adding checkpoints will serve to do nothing but make the puzzles even less wanted.

Yeah and just think of all the time they had to put into fixing the logout exploit because people were logging out at the bottom of the JP and logging in at the top of the JP. Man. I mean I'd understand if JPs gave sweet loot but it's literally pennies and a daily.

Archived