[Vid] How to Install TacO for Guild Wars 2 with Tekkit's Workshop Guides

Hello, I’m Draconicrose and today I’m going to teach you how to install the Guild Wars 2 Tactical Overlay and get it setup with awesome guides by Tekkit’s Workshop.

The first thing you have to do is download both TacO and Tekkit’s guides. I'm using the all-in-one package so that's what I downloaded. Make sure to save the downloads somewhere easy to find.

Once we have them, we have to unpack TacO into a folder. Since TacO runs as an overlay, aka it runs on TOP of Guild Wars 2, wherever you unpack it to should be different from your Guild Wars 2 folder. I unpacked mine into a new folder in My Documents.

For ease of use, you can right-click the TacO.exe and send it to the desktop as a shortcut, so that you can easily launch GW2 and TacO in one go.

At this point TacO is already ready to use, but we want to make it more awesome by adding Tekkit’s guides to it. This is pretty simple. Just drag the all-in-one zip file (or the ones you downloaded!) into the POI folder inside the newly-created TacO folder.

At this point you’re done!

TacO is also allowed by Anet and has been around for a while, so don’t be scared to use it. You will not be banned for it.

I hope you’ve found this guide useful. Let me know in the comments if it helped you or if you have any questions and I’ll do my best to answer them.

Archived