Someone just gave me a mount skin

I knew this community was nice, I've always found helpful people in my way, always willing to land a hand or advice me, but damn was I surprised todayA few minuts ago, before the Jormag event started, I was chilling on my springer mount next to someone who was on his too, and we were jumping to pass time. A charr came in, sad that he couldn't jump with us because he only had the raptor mount unlocked. I conforted him, telling him that at least he had a nice raptor skin, that it was the one mount skin I don't have yet.And so he randomly dropped an istani mount license in my mail box. Thought I'd share that here, I've really never encountered such a nice, helpful and generous community in any other game before

This community is great, but that's especially nice!

I've both sent and received cookies for help in-game (and once because someone else in LA sarcastically asked if someone thought they deserved a cookie for completing an achievement and I was stood at the TP and decided they absolutely deserved a cookie).

And some people have been kind enough to help me out with things like the last few materials I needed for my first legendary or buying a chaos sword, but buying a mount skin is a really nice thing to do for someone. :D

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:I occasinally get a tip when I offer portals at daily jp, biggest have been 1g yesterday. :)

Yeah I'll tip JP portalers. I'm not exactly swimming in G but I can afford to send a little their way for taking time out.

I tried to tip a commander after TT once because they did an amazing job, and they sent it back to me.

@chrisjfinlay.5614 said:

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:I occasinally get a tip when I offer portals at daily jp, biggest have been 1g yesterday. :)

Yeah I'll tip JP portalers. I'm not exactly swimming in G but I can afford to send a little their way for taking time out.

I tried to tip a commander after TT once because they did an amazing job, and they sent it back to me.

I've noticed that some send it back (I use portals more often than I offer them, and almost always tip) unless I explicitly tell them it's a "thank you" rather than a payment.

I figure I can always afford to tip 50s or 1g as it helps me get the daily, and that gives me 2g :)

On Reddit, someone asked how to farm gold to get enough gems to buy the logging bear before time ran out. I knew he'd never make it, so I gifted him the logging tool.

Honestly, his gratitude was something I'll never forget for as long as I live. Yes, Guild Wars 2 is a game, but never forget there are people behind our toons.

And, yes, we do have the best community. ?

Archived