Shield Generators Blocking Unblockables Bug?

Raiden.1375

This hasn't always been the case, but at some point relatively recently, Shield Generator Force Dome bubbles seem to have started blocking unblockable projectiles. Not sure if this is a bug or intended. Has anyone else noticed this, or do only certain unblockable skills get blocked for some reason?

@Rezzet.3614 said:if i have to guess the cause would be the shield gen mastery upgrade that buffs the bubble to block siege damage

Hm that could be it, though it's a bit hard to test to say for sure. So far none of the unblockable skills I've tested have been able to penetrate the Force Dome bubbles (Choking Gas, Death's Judgment, and a few more). Hopefully this gets looked into and fixed, it seems a bit overkill to block unblockable skills too.

I think when it comes to siege bubbles player skills and effects don't apply, period. Every shield will nullify those effects as to not give some profession an advantage, leaving the only way to deal with them raw power and condition damage for an even playing field, and only while the shields are down. Same way f.ex you can't block siege attacks with personal skills, they just aren't meant to affect each other. Atleast that is my experience.

Because we have used to have player skills blocking and reflecting(?) siege attacks back way before there were shield gens. So they made siege attacks unblockable by ordinary means and later implemented bubbles which mechanically destroys projectiles in a fashion similar to the swirling wind eles, because otherwise they wouldn't work. So consider it a field of projectile destruction and not blocking.

@rng.1024 said:I think when it comes to siege bubbles player skills and effects don't apply, period. Every shield will nullify those effects as to not give some profession an advantage, leaving the only way to deal with them raw power and condition damage for an even playing field, and only while the shields are down. Same way f.ex you can't block siege attacks with personal skills, they just aren't meant to affect each other. Atleast that is my experience.

Well professions like elementalists, necromancers, and revenants have an advantage in the current scenario, seeing how skills like Meteor Shower, shades, and Coalescence of Ruin aren't considered to be projectiles at all, thus passing right through from a range. As for dealing with them with raw power/conditions when the shields are down.. The problem with that is the shields typically aren't down until the wall/gate is, leaving only melee and classes with options similar to what I previously mentioned being able to deal with them.

@"miriforst.1290" said:Because we have used to have player skills blocking and reflecting(?) siege attacks back way before there were shield gens. So they made siege attacks unblockable by ordinary means and later implemented bubbles which mechanically destroys projectiles in a fashion similar to the swirling wind eles, because otherwise they wouldn't work. So consider it a field of projectile destruction and not blocking.

Considering them as complete projectile destruction fields (even for "unblockables") could maybe make some sense. It just seems a little too powerful being able to so easily have the fields up 100% of the time. Particularly in combination with ramming gates since you can't even counter Shield Gen them back or anything. But hey, I guess a few extra unblockable player skills getting through here and there wouldn't really make much of a diference anyway.

@Raiden.1375 said:

Well professions like elementalists, necromancers, and revenants have an advantage in the current scenario, seeing how skills like Meteor Shower, shades, and Coalescence of Ruin aren't considered to be projectiles at all, thus passing right through from a range. As for dealing with them with raw power/conditions when the shields are down.. The problem with that is the shields typically aren't down until the wall/gate is, leaving only melee and classes with options similar to what I previously mentioned being able to deal with them.

You need to do something to the people using the gens to force them into botching their bubble rotation, thus leaving the gens vulnerable to attack/disable. Easier said than done against skilled opponents, ofc, but that's your best bet.

Archived