Engy Turrets ...useless in wvw /spvp. also other stuff

FASTCAR.7831

In wvw/spvp .... turrets / heal machine are 100% uselessThey die 1-2 hits most of the time.Range on them is lowA gadget engy would be fun (like in warhammer MMO)

While I am rantingPLEASE speed up sneak gyro. With NO speed I out run it constantly. Increase speed 25%ish or range .

Why cant engy fix golems or siege with supply?

@FASTCAR.7831 said:In wvw/spvp .... turrets / heal machine are 100% uselessThey die 1-2 hits most of the time.Range on them is lowA gadget engy would be fun (like in warhammer MMO)

The best way to buff the turrets is to double the amount of health they have and reduce their cooldowns to 20 seconds, at least in PvP/WvW.

Currently the turrets are useless. With the exception of Rifle Turret and Thumper Turret, the rest of the turrets are awful. Turrets definitely need somewhat of a rework or a buff to make them viable. In PvP, you can still play the Bunker Turret engineer build using the Tool Kit, Thumper Turret and the Rifle Turret if you want to. Those are the only good turrets.

correction Turrets are useless in PvE too , their sole purpose is simply tagging targets in pve to get loot during events , a simple buff isnt gonna make them viable they are broken all around even if y ou doubled their hp made them un critable regen and imune to condi their offense and support capabilities are useless except for heal turret , even during their " Op" time they were trash they were only viable in 1v1 scenarios vs players that had no Power in their builds

@Seffen.2875 said:They are as useless in WvW as ranger pets.

This is not excatly true.

The secret behind turrets in wvw:When u place them and they explode 0,1 sec after that, the enemy laughs for at least 5 sec and thats u r change to get him. This secret feature is well hidden from ANET but a few engi-insider know this devil trick.

Turrets are wonderful in Istan farming

Turrets are wonderful for pve farming, but they tend to bring on the envy of others, so they are quickly nerfed. They were overpowered in Lake Doric some time back till this guy came onto the forums and pointed out their overpoweredness

Turrets do not exist (except healing bomb). They are not indented to be used and has been such for a long time. So i wouldn't worry because they do not exist.

However.

While i can chose not to touch any turret, when playing scrapper my spec mechanic known as the f-gyro can not be swapped for a more usefull mechanic.

And it has very low health and no armor meaning it dies to a single zerker auto attack. And this thing is supposed to be useful when things are getting dangerous?

Its essentially taunt killing in tf2 to stomp someone with the gyro. POW- haha!

@miriforst.1290 said:when playing scrapper my spec mechanic known as the f-gyro can not be swapped for a more usefull mechanic.

And it has very low health and no armor meaning it dies to a single zerker auto attack. And this thing is supposed to be useful when things are getting dangerous?

Its essentially taunt killing in tf2 to stomp someone with the gyro. POW- haha!

At least it make cute sounds - brr -brrr -brrr - and have a colorfull painting. That should be enough for engi.

And also their models look like crap. You have Asura who have been a part of Tyria for all this time and have shared their technology on warpgates with the entire rest of the races and the world at large, but you can't have them share their cube-turret technology with the engineers? MOST OF WHICH ARE ASURA??? Like, come on. It's time to upgrade the turrets in damage, health AND their models.

Healing turret still best heal. Also why the hell you want ai controlled stationary turret to be viable. Go play renegade spirits oh wait they garbage too. Or maybe you want them to be movable like spirit weapons and gyros oh wait thats garbage too. You want necro pets? I prefer no ai in my classes.

@Milan.9035 said:Healing turret still best heal. Also why the hell you want ai controlled stationary turret to be viable. Go play renegade spirits oh wait they garbage too. Or maybe you want them to be movable like spirit weapons and gyros oh wait thats garbage too. You want necro pets? I prefer no ai in my classes.

Good to have them be replaced then.

Cos i see no reason to strive for false options. I mean it was doomed to fail from the beginning but i remember them justifying the limited build customization from gw1 by saying that it meant less false options.

Bad design is bad design and should be intervened on and not swept under the rug.

And even renegade spirits have their gimmick uses compared to turrets, building some healingpower and suddenly they are a lot more interesting.

But beating turrets in usefulness isn't exactly the grandest award there is.

@Milan.9035 said:Healing turret still best heal. Also why the hell you want ai controlled stationary turret to be viable. Go play renegade spirits oh wait they garbage too. Or maybe you want them to be movable like spirit weapons and gyros oh wait thats garbage too. You want necro pets? I prefer no ai in my classes.

Gyros aren't garbage like turrets unless you have been out of the loop of recent updates to scrapper. D:

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

Gyros aren't garbage like turrets unless you have been out of the loop of recent updates to scrapper. D:

Yea they are not garbage but they still are. There 8s no need for them to be ai. Why not just make them an aura around you. Function gyro is a perfect example. All gyro should be like that. Just float above your shoulder.

@Milan.9035 said:

Yea they are not garbage but they still are. There 8s no need for them to be ai. Why not just make them an aura around you. Function gyro is a perfect example. All gyro should be like that. Just float above your shoulder.

That would make things a little worse in a way.The sneak gyro if pinned to you, the enemy knows exactly where u going to.In its current state, you can run in/out of its stealth range and can fool the enemy if they didn't take the gyro out first.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

That would make things a little worse in a way.The sneak gyro if pinned to you, the enemy knows exactly where u going to.In its current state, you can run in/out of its stealth range and can fool the enemy if they didn't take the gyro out first.

eh stealth gyro's the only gyro that benefits from the erratic movement, bomb gyro being the one most affected by it negatively because it has a delay when it spawns and then it starts chasing target

Archived