after my 29.527.180th 4v5 match..

Ayakaru.6583

I have finally come up with two possible solutions:

1) BOT:Spawns an NPC that defends the smaller team's home point.An NPC is of course still weaker than a real player.. due to AI mostly.But it should give the smaller team that edge that allows them to respond to a full team's actions a bit more.

or

2) A buff:Righteous Flare of the Mists:increases all stats, and occassionally grants random boons and some stability. to offset a 4v5 fight.now BEFORE you say a buff will ruin the balance, especially in 1v1 encounters, the buff works by aura:the buff gives you +0, and only becomes +n once there's a second enemy (for every no second ally) within the maximum combat range (5000, on R-longbow? I think, I'm not too familiar with the range numbers)

ANYTHING.. just.. anything..because at this point, more than a quarter of all my matches are 4v5.. and in most cases the team just gives up to 'get it over with'

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:I have finally come up with two possible solutions:

1) BOT:Spawns an NPC that defends the smaller team's home point.An NPC is of course still weaker than a real player.. due to AI mostly.But it should give the smaller team that edge that allows them to respond to a full team's actions a bit more.

or

2) A buff:Righteous Flare of the Mists:increases all stats, and occassionally grants random boons and some stability. to offset a 4v5 fight.

ANYTHING.. just.. anything..because at this point, more than a quarter of all my matches are 4v5.. and in most cases the team just gives up to 'get it over with'

Most of the time, players don't lose ranking points if it's 4v5 (sometimes they still do for some reason) so the match is unfortunately time wasted, no points lost - but these things happen. Personally it's not been close to 1/4 of matches (probably 1 in 10 over the last week or two) but I can sympathize that sometimes random chance is not on your side.Addressing your two ideas.The issue is, balancing versus players. If the NPC is too weak, then there is no point to having it at all. However if it's too strong then it would lock down a point and change how the game gets played out.Likewise, if the buff is too weak, then it really doesn't help. Also the buff doesn't necessarily make it easier to rotate and an outnumbered team will always have the disadvantage of being less mobile. If the buff is too strong - players could find a way to exploit this with multiclienting, duo queue, or tactically leaving a match.In short - "one player" is not a quantifiable measurement which can be replaced by a set bonus which is why it's difficult to make this work.

Or just prompt a surrender vote, in a properly matched game a 4v5 scenario is almost guaranteed to end on a win for the outnumbering side, if it happens in the first half of the game anyway, (reason : basic maths) so there's little point to drag these games out.

And give longer Dishonor for leaving a game, scaling exponentially for repeat offenders.

Archived