PvP Tempest Build

Durzlla.6295

So, I’m not a HUGE ele player, but I’ve been looking to try out a tempest support build in PvP, and what I’ve tried putting together (an aura share build) failed spectacularly.

So I was wondering, are there any support oriented Tempest builds that work in PvP nowadays? Or even just non support ones you guys found work? I’ve tried weaver, and just am not a huge fan of it, so if you could share just core ele or Tempest builds that’d be great!!

Thanks!

@"Durzlla.6295" said:So, I’m not a HUGE ele player, but I’ve been looking to try out a tempest support build in PvP, and what I’ve tried putting together (an aura share build) failed spectacularly.

So I was wondering, are there any support oriented Tempest builds that work in PvP nowadays? Or even just non support ones you guys found work? I’ve tried weaver, and just am not a huge fan of it, so if you could share just core ele or Tempest builds that’d be great!!

Thanks!

Weaver isn't exactly the best when it comes to supporting allies. Tempest is better suited for support and you can use the Auramancer support build. It focuses on supporting allies by cleansing conditions and giving them auras.

Keep in mind, this build excels mostly in supporting allies. You can still fight other players unlike staff elementalists.

No matter how you build tempest (although, there arent many ways of making an auramancer), it will always lack something. Overloads have low pressure on support builds and they are very easily interruptible. If you trait them to give stability you lose your main source of regen and vigor. Outside of focus invuln, you have no real self defense. If you take cantrips for defense, you lose lots of support and become rather useless to your group. Your aoe condi cleanses are at the same time your healing skills, so if you used them before condies were applied, you're dead, and dead support is useless. You could try to make a self sustain build, but sword weaver does much better job at that. Damage focused tempest is just a waste of class and spec.

Core ele has 'good' build with scepter (it's on metabattle), but it's extremely squishy and does the same job as power mesmer/thief but much much worse since it lacks defense, mobility and a reliable burst. Same build on weaver helps a lot with burst, but it still lacks the other two.

Archived