Soulbeast Stances should pulse boons like Warrior Stances

kappa.2036

I know that I should probably write this on the ranger forum, but I would like to point out a question concerning Stances in general.i mean, both warrior-soulbeast-weaver stances grants temporary bonuses, but ONLY warrior stances pulse boons (Berserker & Balanced stance). From a conceptual point of view, both warrior, soulbeast and weaver are designed to play in close-range combat (ranger got a mh dagger, ele got a sword), so why the boons provided by Soulbeast stances don't pulse over time?Pvp/wvw speaking, this is a huge disadvantage for soulbeast players, because boons provided from Dolyak or Moa stance, for example, can be stripped easily.

Let's look at these examples:

DOLYAK VS BALANCED STANCEBOONS: Stability and Retaliation vs PULSING swiftness and stabilityEFFECT: Prevent application of cripple/chill/immob vs Become immune to critical hitsCOOLDOWN: 30s vs 40sWITH TRAITS: Shareable to allies and longer duration vs Vigor, longer duration and auto-proc lesser balanced stance

Both are really good skills, but only Balanced Stance grants a temporary crowd-control immunity, while Dolyak Stance works more like a "shout skill".My personal suggestion is to make soulbeast stances pulse boons (especially the defensive ones) to make sure they can provide an useful temporary bonus to themself and their allies like how it should be.

Only if they reduce the duration of Soulbeast stances.

I agree that something should be reworked about them, but you're skipping how Balanced Stance has a 40s CD with a 4s duration vs 30s CD and a potentially 9s duration of Dolyak Stance that's also shared with allies. Even without traits it's 25% shorter CD + 50% longer duration.

The boons are just simply weak. War stances give immunity to condi, direct damage, CC, and crit hits.

Soulbeast stances give what, Retaliation? lol The secondary effects are nice but not good enough on their own.

I personally don't think they need the pulsing boons. The passive effect of Dolyak stance is extremely underrated. I can't tell you how many time it's saved my ass against s/d thieves and scourges, for example. Moa stance is fine as is, too. The stance that needs the most love is Griffon.

@shadowpass.4236 said:The only thing stances need is 20% cooldown reduction tied to the grandmaster trait.

I don't think they will do this because the duration increase is so significant. However, I wish that the shared duration would be 50% of the increased duration rather than the original duration. It is deceiving language.

Pvp/wvw speaking, this is a huge disadvantage for soulbeast players, because boons provided from Dolyak or Moa stance, for example, can be stripped easily.

Let's look at these examples:

DOLYAK VS BALANCED STANCEBOONS: Stability and Retaliation vs PULSING swiftness and stabilityEFFECT: Prevent application of cripple/chill/immob vs Become immune to critical hitsCOOLDOWN: 30s vs 40sWITH TRAITS: Shareable to allies and longer duration vs Vigor, longer duration and auto-proc lesser balanced stance

Did you compare the duration of these stances on warrior and ranger? Balanced stance 40 sec cd - 4 sec stability and swiftness with trait (which most warriors don't play anymore in PvP) its 5 second and its not even shareable. Now if you look at soulbeast dolyak stance its 6 seconds NON TRAITED duration and 9 seconds TRAITED moreover you immune to movement impending conditions which is important, with a 10 seconds lower cooldown and its SHAREABLE. Also if you playing Fresh Reinforcement trait in soulbeast with Nature Magic traitline you can double the duration and even stacks of boons from your pet. So for example if you play leadership rune which is popular amongst rangers and Essence of speed trait your boon durations is just incomparable with warrior. You got corrupted? Merge with pet and regain all boons with full duration, ez.

Can you please tell me what disadvantage you see here again?

If you make it pulsing it would just be broken and not fun to play against just like chrono with perma stability protection and other shitton of boons. I can only imagine how broken it would be in wvw, even warrior bubbles wouldnt matter that much if you have atleast 2 soulbeast in the squad providing PULSING boons to everyone.

Not trying to be offensive but this is just terrible suggestion.

@Shuriken.6738 said:

Did you compare the duration of these stances on warrior and ranger? Balanced stance 40 sec cd - 4 sec stability and swiftness with trait (which most warriors don't play anymore in PvP) its 5 second and its not even shareable. Now if you look at soulbeast dolyak stance its 6 seconds NON TRAITED duration and 9 seconds TRAITED moreover you immune to movement impending conditions which is important, with a 10 seconds lower cooldown and its SHAREABLE. Also if you playing Fresh Reinforcement trait in soulbeast with Nature Magic traitline you can double the duration and even stacks of boons from your pet. So for example if you play leadership rune which is popular amongst rangers and Essence of speed trait your boon durations is just incomparable with warrior. You got corrupted? Merge with pet and regain all boons with full duration, ez.

I appreciate your feedback, but if you really want to compare Dolyak stance traited vs Balanced stance traited:

DOLYAK STANCE traited: 9 sec / 30s cooldownBALANCED STANCE traited: 4s + 4s from the autoproc grandmaster trait / 40s cooldown each (except pvp which is 90s fro the auto-proc)

There is 1s duration and 10s cooldown difference, BUT balanced stance is a 100% cc immunity even if you strip those boons since they reapply istantly, while Dolyak stance boons can be easily removed. I don't want to say that one skill is better than the other one, both skills are very balanced on their own, i want to say that both skills should work in the same way. Right now Soulbeast stances are working like SHOUTS but with an added functionality (like immunity to impairing conditions, better stamina regen, etc.), and their boon effects can be easily countered.

If a spellbreaker use Break Enchantments will completely deny Dolyak Stance while Balanced stance can not be countered that easily since it works LIKE A STANCE.Sure you can re-gain your stripped stability if you use fresh reinforcements or We heal as one, but these are combos restricted to specific builds/traits outside the internal functionality of the stance itself.

@Shuriken.6738 said:

If you make it pulsing it would just be broken and not fun to play against just like chrono with perma stability protection and other shitton of boons. I can only imagine how broken it would be in wvw, even warrior bubbles wouldnt matter that much if you have atleast 2 soulbeast in the squad providing PULSING boons to everyone.

1) Warrior bubbles prevent boons to be applied2) Aren't firebrands already granting perma stability with their skill rotations?3) Of course shareable stances needs to be balanced, i'm not saying they have to be brokenly op. But atleast Soulbeast could offer something that other classes CAN NOT offer, and this would grant them a spot in organized groups, which is sadly not happening these days.

Archived