[Suggestion] Mounts should have a Defiance Bar — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Suggestion] Mounts should have a Defiance Bar

Hi all ! :)

All is in the title.

Considering the fact that mounts are immune to Chill, Immo, blind, fear, Cripple and against hard CC too, they definitively should have a Defiance Bar. And if it's broken, you are dismounted, or at least, your mount is stuned for a short time.

Mounts also need their nerf ;)

With love ~

Comments

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    That would be useless because either it breaks on the first cc or it will literally never break because you're not going to tank a ton with it anyway

    Logging out forever.

  • MarshallLaw.9260MarshallLaw.9260 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Theros.1390 said:
    Hi all ! :)

    All is in the title.

    Considering the fact that mounts are immune to Chill, Immo, blind, fear, Cripple and against hard CC too, they definitively should have a Defiance Bar. And if it's broken, you are dismounted, or at least, your mount is stuned for a short time.

    Mounts also need their nerf ;)

    With love ~

    Why?
    How does this improve the gaming experience or benefit anyone?

  • AliamRationem.5172AliamRationem.5172 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I don't see how this would have any impact at all.

  • RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Why, though? You already get dismounted if your mount takes enough damage or if you run over a trap. I don't see how adding another way to get dismounted really adds anything.

    Oh look. I have a signature now.

  • Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @RoseofGilead.8907 said:
    Why, though? You already get dismounted if your mount takes enough damage or if you run over a trap. I don't see how adding another way to get dismounted really adds anything.

    This: The mounts HP is it's Defiance Bar.

    Fàther (TK)
    Tactical Killers
    Server(DR)

  • Orpheal.8263Orpheal.8263 Member ✭✭✭

    Not only mounts.. PLAYERS AS WELL too, so that we get finalyl rid of this ridiculous CC spam, so that players can finalyl become more immune to CC spam, so that no eavery simple **** easy little hard CC can interrupt us directly and to stopp finalyl also as well too getting perma cced to death, without that players have a way as part of their builds to specialize themself against becoming CCed way too easily, by gettign themself Breakbars to prevent this way gettign too easily cced by enemy players in WvW/PvP


    Cassandra Lancaster - Achievement Hunter - 28,9k AP currently - Server: Drakkar Lake/EU - Mastery Rank of 254
    I'm the proud Origin of the Elite Specializations Concept (Sub Classes) through the last made CDI Project.


  • Drarnor Kunoram.5180Drarnor Kunoram.5180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Mounts actually do have a defiance bar, but it's hidden from the player normally. On occasion, you can get a glitch that temporarily displays it.

    Plague Signet is the only skill in the game that is worse when traited.

  • Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Loosmaster.8263 said:

    @RoseofGilead.8907 said:
    Why, though? You already get dismounted if your mount takes enough damage or if you run over a trap. I don't see how adding another way to get dismounted really adds anything.

    This: The mounts HP is it's Defiance Bar.

    Pretty much exactly my thought on the matter.

  • Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2018

    Since we don’t use the mounts to fight except for an opening attack I don’t see the value of this suggestion. All I can see that it adds to mounts is getting dismounted twice as often, from breaking a defiance bar and from health drop to zero, which isn’t something I would like.

    Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

    Forum Guides: Images. Text

  • Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Re: Defiance bar
    I heard rumor that was originally planned, but it was sacked in favor of the HP approach. And quite frankly, I'm fine with it.

    @Orpheal.8263 said:
    Not only mounts.. PLAYERS AS WELL too, so that we get finalyl rid of this ridiculous CC spam, so that players can finalyl become more immune to CC spam, so that no eavery simple **** easy little hard CC can interrupt us directly and to stopp finalyl also as well too getting perma cced to death, without that players have a way as part of their builds to specialize themself against becoming CCed way too easily, by gettign themself Breakbars to prevent this way gettign too easily cced by enemy players in WvW/PvP

    Not just WvW/PvP. Some critters in PvE are absolutely obnoxious about it.
    What we need is some sort of Disable Resistance that enables after getting CC'd. Almost like a Barrier value that works against disabling.
    Part of me wants it to be different from Stability, so that corruptions and such still work, but the other part just wants Stability done properly and that it auto-activates after taking a disabling effect, or if we want more skill attached to it, is applied after using a stun-break.

    Just as a pitch:
    Stability: (would rather fix but) keep as is, a boon that can be corrupted and activated as a preemptive measure against Disable.
    Defiance (player): Immunity to CC while active. Applied by all Stun Break skills. If possible, could be a meter like enemies have.

    Many alts! Handle it!

    "A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.