Theorycrafting - condi druid build

Prophet.1584

Condi druid adaptation from the old metabattle condi dps/support build. potentially less dps since it's lacking in condition duration but it has access to a decent amount of healing power and almost 100% boon duration, might stacks at 15s from CA. There's a nature magic variant on metabattle that could be used and you could drop some seraph gear for viper to improve dps and provide more boons including boons from spirits. Just a thought.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRAsf3Pn0rCFsi1sCctgFDBrpDEsqaMBg1VDAerGWLrlI+zA-jxhHQBA4kAYSlfnUJ4Z2fQk6Ho1TAgkq/QKgAHsB-e

Oooh that looks like a cool mix of support and condi damage, I totally forgot Seraphs even existed lol.

How much healing do you actually put out though? Like are you capabale of being a “healer” with that build? Or are you effectively just a might stacker with some healing attached to it?

@Durzlla.6295 said:Oooh that looks like a cool mix of support and condi damage, I totally forgot Seraphs even existed lol.

How much healing do you actually put out though? Like are you capabale of being a “healer” with that build? Or are you effectively just a might stacker with some healing attached to it?

I was building this to be the secondary healer and might stacker so the healing output is less important imo than the boon duration and boon uptime. The heals just become an added bonus and it should still be able to put out fair damage.

@Prophet.1584 said:

@Durzlla.6295 said:Oooh that looks like a cool mix of support and condi damage, I totally forgot Seraphs even existed lol.

I was building this to be the secondary healer and might stacker so the healing output is less important imo than the boon duration and boon uptime. The heals just become an added bonus and it should still be able to put out fair damage.

Ah ok, yeah I think it should be able to fulfill that role pretty easily then! Have you given it a field test yet in like fractals or WvW or anything?

@Durzlla.6295 said:

Ah ok, yeah I think it should be able to fulfill that role pretty easily then! Have you given it a field test yet in like fractals or WvW or anything?

I've run it in fractals a few times with either a Firebrand or Tempest with me and it averaged around 18k dps and maintained 25 might pretty easily. The reason i chose so many glyphs was because i assumed building CA would be tough and it was but the seeds helped with that as did regen ticks. Running the NM variant with a warhorn on swap might make building CA a bit easier since you have more regen sources.

@Prophet.1584 said:

I've run it in fractals a few times with either a Firebrand or Tempest with me and it averaged around 18k dps and maintained 25 might pretty easily. The reason i chose so many glyphs was because i assumed building CA would be tough and it was but the seeds helped with that as did regen ticks. Running the NM variant with a warhorn on swap might make building CA a bit easier since you have more regen sources.

That makes sense, I know I run a lot of glyphs myself for the effects/the seeds too, have you tried it in fractals without another support yet? Curious how it’d work on its own.

It looks pretty solid on paper though!

@Durzlla.6295 said:

That makes sense, I know I run a lot of glyphs myself for the effects/the seeds too, have you tried it in fractals without another support yet? Curious how it’d work on its own.

It looks pretty solid on paper though!

Not yet but i'll probably try that over the weekend and thanks for taking a look!

@Rebel.6419 said:Is there actually any dps builds for druid, or do you just run soulbeast if you want to dps? I just really wanted a warden like staff wielding druid dps/ support class to run open world and fractals with solo and group

Druid doesn't provide any additional damage modifiers that allow it to have high dps builds, it's meant for support. Staff is one of the lowest dps weapons we have. if you're talking about open world then anything goes, all you really need to do is tag a mob to get credit for the kill. for anything else PvE i would run Soulbeast for high dps or support Druid with low dps but very good team support.

@Rebel.6419 said:Is there actually any dps builds for druid, or do you just run soulbeast if you want to dps? I just really wanted a warden like staff wielding druid dps/ support class to run open world and fractals with solo and group

Taking Druid will always be a net damage decrease for your over taking another traitline, however if you’re fine with primarily being a support that also has damage, druid can work with builds like the one posted above. Previously people would run a viper Druid build, but after the nerfs that’s not gonna work too well due to the healing reduction.

Archived