Magebane Tether.

Vinny.7260

Okay, so not to be that typical "OMG NERF THE CLASS REEEEE." But... 3 might per pulse is a bit much-- is it possible the stacks could be lowered to 2? Or the duration of the tether itself gets lowered to 5 seconds or something instead of 8? I do hate coming off as that guy but it's almost over-rewarding on how much of an advantage it gives for pressing F1 or F2; It's painful watching a warrior fully reset because of landing a single F1 or F2. You guys wouldn't mind that too much, right?

@kybraga.7103 said:Yeah, definitely. But purely because of the Regeneration of MMR + Magebane Tether; I don't want anything else nerfed! I'm perfectly fine with everything else haha.

Are you actually aware of how much healing MMR gives when you pulse might or are you just another poorly informed player? HINT: It's MUCH less than Signet passive heal.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"kybraga.7103" said:Yeah, definitely. But purely because of the Regeneration of MMR + Magebane Tether; I don't want anything else nerfed! I'm perfectly fine with everything else haha.

Are you actually aware of how much healing MMR gives when you pulse might or are you just another poorly informed player? HINT: It's MUCH less than Signet passive heal.

Exactly why I would enjoy a little less might generation per pulse. ~350 hp per second over 8 seconds + 344 from Healing Signet and then 133(266 or 399 if they've landed enough skills.) It's almost over-rewarding compared to other things. I'm well aware of how the trait works and I even admire the synergy but it just feels a bit too strong. The class is too reliant on just regenerating health. ED: Well, not reliant, but you understand what I mean by essentially resetting from landing either a Full Counter or a single Burst Skill. It's overwhelming how quick they can reset.

ED again:

Allow me to give the situation: You're playing a class that cannot consistently boon rip and get put up against a Spellbreaker, you never really have a problem with the typical Spellbreaker, and you can even handle a Rampage or two! But something sinister lies in the workings, something you did not expect, something you could not prepare for: Magebane Tether. You're fighting the Warrior and you are forced to facetank a Breaching Strike, no big deal right? Lost two boons and a proc of Adrenaline Heal-- then you realize you're revealed, which doesn't bug you too much you don't stealth anyway, but you see their HP spiking up after all that hard work to bring it down. You're defeated, irritated as well due to such a gaping advantage, and even admiring the synergy of such traits.

Might Makes Right: 133 Health; 2 Endurance.Adrenaline Heal: 133 Health; 15 seconds; Stacks 3 times.Healing Signet: 344 Health; 1 Second Interval.

Magebane Tether: Might x3; 8 second duration; 1 Second Interval; Internal Cooldown: 12 seconds.

Now, I'm not saying, "NERF MMR." That already happened and even then, it didn't bug me remotely. It's Magebane Tether that bugs me the most and seems to give too much of an advantage for a Spellbreaker to restore ~876 Health per second in a melee situation, and even then, you'll be pulled back in to the Might-stacked Spellbreaker if you attempt to escape. I mean, yes, it is an amazing trait, most definitely, but I think it could use a little bit of toning down or a shorted duration on the tether so players in a 1 on 1 scenario could at least stand a chance.

@kybraga.7103 said:

@kybraga.7103 said:Yeah, definitely. But purely because of the Regeneration of MMR + Magebane Tether; I don't want anything else nerfed! I'm perfectly fine with everything else haha.

Exactly why I would enjoy a little less might generation per pulse. ~350 hp per second over 8 seconds + 344 from Healing Signet and then 133(266 or 399 if they've landed enough skills.) It's almost over-rewarding compared to other things. I'm well aware of how the trait works and I even admire the synergy but it just feels a bit too strong. The class is too reliant on just regenerating health.
ED: Well, not reliant, but you understand what I mean by essentially resetting from landing either a Full Counter or a single Burst Skill. It's overwhelming how quick they can reset.

ED again:

Allow me to give the situation: You're playing a class that cannot consistently boon rip and get put up against a Spellbreaker, you never really have a problem with the typical Spellbreaker, and you can even handle a Rampage or two! But something sinister lies in the workings, something you did not expect, something you could not prepare for: Magebane Tether. You're fighting the Warrior and you are forced to facetank a Breaching Strike, no big deal right? Lost two boons and a proc of Adrenaline Heal-- then you realize you're revealed, which doesn't bug you too much you don't stealth anyway, but you see their HP spiking up after all that hard work to bring it down. You're defeated, irritated as well due to such a gaping advantage, and even admiring the synergy of such traits.

Might Makes Right: 133 Health; 2 Endurance.Adrenaline Heal: 133 Health; 15 seconds; Stacks 3 times.Healing Signet: 344 Health; 1 Second Interval.

Magebane Tether: Might x3; 8 second duration; 1 Second Interval; Internal Cooldown: 12 seconds.

Now, I'm not saying, "NERF MMR." That already happened and even then, it didn't bug me remotely. It's Magebane Tether that bugs me the most and seems to give too much of an advantage for a Spellbreaker to restore ~876 Health per second in a melee situation, and even then, you'll be pulled back in to the Might-stacked Spellbreaker if you attempt to escape. I mean, yes, it is an amazing trait, most definitely, but I think it could use a little bit of toning down or a shorted duration on the tether so players in a 1 on 1 scenario could at least stand a chance.

It isn't overpowered. For a Spellbreaker to take Strength for MMR, they either have to drop Discipline or Defense. There are trade offs to both. Magebane Tether is taken precisely because it is useful for 1v1. What spec are you playing that you are going 1v1 against a Spellbreaker, anyway?

@kybraga.7103 said:

Exactly why I would enjoy a little less might generation per pulse. ~350 hp per second over 8 seconds + 344 from Healing Signet and then 133(266 or 399 if they've landed enough skills.) It's almost over-rewarding compared to other things. I'm well aware of how the trait works and I even admire the synergy but it just feels a bit too strong. The class is too reliant on just regenerating health.
ED: Well, not reliant, but you understand what I mean by essentially resetting from landing either a Full Counter or a single Burst Skill. It's overwhelming how quick they can reset.

ED again:

Run out of range, literally give yourself 1 stability and you're gone

I am a warrior player, and even i find this trait weird..

It gives you full 25 might stacks (with boon runes)Increase your dmg. And can be used as pull for a setup burst..

Thats pretty insane if you compare it with most traits on warrior.

I think traits like this one creates unhealthy nerfs

They could also left the dagger dmg.. and maby nerf some of the damage part of this trait.But whatever i guess.. Anet is making more weird choices these days..

Warrior used to be a great balanced class. But its getting more and more weird and lame traits or skills thats unhealthy or just trash.

@Mikeskies.1536 said:

They already nerfed MMR because of the interaction. It used to give 5 endurance per might.

And thats an example for unhealthy nerf.Because 1 trait gives pulsing 25 might.. wich makes MMR insane.. what do they do?

Nerf MMR.. so in the end ppl that dont use the tether trait gets nerfed also.

Anet..

@"kybraga.7103" said:Now, I'm not saying, "NERF MMR." That already happened and even then, it didn't bug me remotely. It's Magebane Tether that bugs me the most and seems to give too much of an advantage for a Spellbreaker to restore ~876 Health per second in a melee situation, and even then, you'll be pulled back in to the Might-stacked Spellbreaker if you attempt to escape. I mean, yes, it is an amazing trait, most definitely, but I think it could use a little bit of toning down or a shorted duration on the tether so players in a 1 on 1 scenario could at least stand a chance.

Is it just me or is that not correct? I'm pretty sure it doesn't restore that much health .. I've been testing it in a power SB build ... it's pretty underwhelming the healing you get from MMR actually ... much more so than Adrenal or even Sun and Moon healing on crits as a matter of fact. Calling for changes on Megabane because of how it heals with MMR is silly considered what it actually heals you for and how it works. You're whole assessment is in a bubble; you don't even see the big pitcure here.

Again, my question still stands ... Are you actually aware of how much healing MMR gives when you pulse might?

EDIT: I just tested in Ember bay ... in full zerker gear, I get 134 HP for a single tick of MMR healing ... so where do you get 876 HPS? You know it ticks on the pulse, not the stack right? it does stack 2 times for a crit on keen strike it seems, but that's STILL not 876 HPS. Even if you hit 2 targets and crit them both for potential 4 ticks... you don't get 876 HPS .. so where does that number come from?

I've dueled a couple warriors on S/D thief, and magebane tether is pretty rough but I think it's a cool skill to play against. It always makes me consider whether I want to risk eating the pull and a gsword burst or if I have the poison/evades left to stay nearby.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"kybraga.7103" said:Now, I'm not saying, "NERF MMR." That already happened and even then, it didn't bug me remotely. It's Magebane Tether that bugs me the most and seems to give too much of an advantage for a Spellbreaker to restore ~
876 Health per second
in a melee situation, and even then, you'll be pulled back in to the Might-stacked Spellbreaker if you attempt to escape. I mean, yes, it is an amazing trait, most definitely, but I think it could use a little bit of toning down or a shorted duration on the tether so players in a 1 on 1 scenario could at least stand a chance.

Is it just me or is that not correct? I'm pretty sure it doesn't restore that much health .. I've been testing it in a power SB build ... it's pretty underwhelming the healing you get from MMR actually ... much more so than Adrenal or even Sun and Moon healing on crits as a matter of fact. Calling for changes on Megabane because of how it heals with MMR is silly considered what it actually heals you for and how it works. You're whole assessment is in a bubble; you don't even see the big pitcure here.

Again, my question still stands ... Are you actually aware of how much healing MMR gives when you pulse might?

EDIT: I just tested in Ember bay ... in full zerker gear, I get 134 HP for a single tick of MMR healing ... so where do you get 876 HPS? You know it ticks on the pulse, not the stack right? it does stack 2 times for a crit on keen strike it seems, but that's STILL not 876 HPS. Even if you hit 2 targets and crit them both for potential 4 ticks... you don't get 876 HPS .. so where does that number come from?

876 is not correct, without healing power you get 133heal per might and actually, ive just played it yesterday each time magebane tether ticks you get 3 stacks of might and in the healing log it shows you 3 times 133heal simultaniously popping up, so yea it actually does heal per might and not just per tick

but still that would only be 399heal a tick+344 from healing sig would be 743, which gets closer, now with adrenal gealth you would get even more but you would have to get rid of discipline to get defense in there and that again would make it very inefficient in a duell szenario, because we all know how clunky warrior without fast hands feels

so OP keep in mind that magebane tether does not have a 100% uptime even less if you just dodge or otherwise deny the f burst to hit you.and that nobody with defense/strength/sb should be a threat to you honestly, because without the swap the warrior loses so much momentum

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"kybraga.7103" said:Now, I'm not saying, "NERF MMR." That already happened and even then, it didn't bug me remotely. It's Magebane Tether that bugs me the most and seems to give too much of an advantage for a Spellbreaker to restore ~
876 Health per second
in a melee situation, and even then, you'll be pulled back in to the Might-stacked Spellbreaker if you attempt to escape. I mean, yes, it is an amazing trait, most definitely, but I think it could use a little bit of toning down or a shorted duration on the tether so players in a 1 on 1 scenario could at least stand a chance.

876 is not correct, without healing power you get 133heal per might and actually, ive just played it yesterday each time magebane tether ticks you get 3 stacks of might and in the healing log it shows you 3 times 133heal simultaniously popping up, so yea it actually does heal per might and not just per tick

but still that would only be 399heal a tick+344 from healing sig would be 743, which gets closer, now with adrenal gealth you would get even more but you would have to get rid of discipline to get defense in there and that again would make it very inefficient in a duell szenario, because we all know how clunky warrior without fast hands feels

so OP keep in mind that magebane tether does not have a 100% uptime even less if you just dodge or otherwise deny the f burst to hit you.and that nobody with defense/strength/sb should be a threat to you honestly, because without the swap the warrior loses so much momentum

Sounds reasonable ... still I think you understood the point ... even if the healing CAN be high, it's certainly not sustainable over the long term. OP doesn't seem to get that (nor does he seem to participate in his own thread anymore)

Archived