What profession is best, in terms of enjoyment?

ToySoldiers.4509

I guess that would depend on what you enjoy?

If you like being rewarded for nailing complicated rotations, probably elementalist. If you like being well-nigh unkillable in open world PvE or leading around an army, necromancer (I'll sidestep the question of Scourge in WvW).

But I have to admit that clearing groups of trash mobs in PvE with zerk GS DH is pretty satisfying to me. Leap into a pile of them with #2, yank em together with #5, drop a symbol with #4 to boost your damage, drop a trap and then whirl with #2 and just watch those numbers tick up.

Pretty much was perilisk said.

Guardian:Endgame viability: very good as pure DPS and "supporty" DPSOpen World: super fun to clear groups with, however, it can get repetitive (Warrior-like repetitive)

Necromancer:Endgame viability: bad or very badOpen World: THE best character for anything Open World, really - just way too good (you can see people stating that they can't play anything else after they've tried Necro - Bearbow doesn't even come close to Minionmancer)

Elementalist:Endgame viability: wanted if you're at least decent - your skill level really shows with the EllyOpen World: perhaps the worst profession for Open World but it does give a feeling of "satisfaction" when you get out of a sticky situation (which there will be a lot of) - but you have to know what you're doing though since... well, it's the most complex profession for a reason

Depends on what you like to play.Core necro is annoying. Same goes for minion builds.And scourge is annoying as well. Spam those skills that's it.Reaper is a bit more challenging. Esp. In PvP modes.

I voted guard because u can fit any role.You can be DPS, you can be healer/support/tank

We'll. Same goes for ele I guess.

I'm necro main, so maybe playing the other classes is just a fresh breeze in the air. But I definetly think they are more fun to play.

@"ysnake.3619" said:Pretty much was perilisk said.

Guardian:Endgame viability: very good as pure DPS and "supporty" DPSOpen World: super fun to clear groups with, however, it can get repetitive (Warrior-like repetitive)

Necromancer:Endgame viability: bad or very badOpen World: THE best character for anything Open World, really - just way too good (you can see people stating that they can't play anything else after they've tried Necro - Bearbow doesn't even come close to Minionmancer)

Elementalist:Endgame viability: wanted if you're at least decent - your skill level really shows with the EllyOpen World: perhaps the worst profession for Open World but it does give a feeling of "satisfaction" when you get out of a sticky situation (which there will be a lot of) - but you have to know what you're doing though since... well, it's the most complex profession for a reason

Guardian has one of the best healing builds in endgame PvE. Firebrand is VERY strong as a healer and buffer, and maybe a core guardian healer build is possible too, although it would be inferior to firebrand.

Ele is very good in OW too, the only thing is that, as you have already said, it requires more skill. You have a lot of damage but you're super squishy so positioning becomes crucial if you want to play ele and not be downstate all the time.

@ToySoldiers.4509 said:Simply put, I recently bought a new character slot, and now I'm have issues picking which profession they will be. I have only included those I have not yet tried, as to avoid any repetitive characters.

I was going to say guardian, but in terms of enjoyment I went with the elementalist. I like playing both guardian and elementalist, but elementalist gets my pick due to how rewarding it is to play builds like core Fresh Air. I'm a core player and I really like playing Fresh Air. Being able to do a lot of damage by having fast reflexes of combining skills is quite satisfying. It takes a little bit of practice trying to learn a few rotations, but once you do that, it is so rewarding and it makes you feel like a wizard god.

I'd recommend creating a character and then taking it into the PvP lobby area. Then you can test all the skills, see all the animations and get a general feel of what the play style might be like. Sure, it's not a full proof method, because certain aspects of a class's play style can only be discerned when you actually get to use it in various forms of content (and how you play each class is often shaped by said content), but I still think it's a better method than asking for a subjective opinion from others, only to be disappointed later when your personal experiences potentially do not match the expectations others may have created for you regarding how "enjoyable" a class is.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived