5 Advanced Tips & Tricks To Become A Better PvP/WvW Player

Noodica.5428

@Noodica.5428 said:Heya,

I put together a video to try and help some of the newer to intermediate players who are hitting speed bumps. Hopefully everybody can learn a thing or two :D

Something you can do while kiting enemies is use 'Look Behind'. Not many players use this, but with it you can quickly turn your camera behind you rather than doing it manually and can be useful when kiting enemies with ground-targeted skills like the engineers' Grenade Kit or the elementalists' fire scepter skills Dragon's Tooth and Phoenix.

Another thing I would recommend to newer or intermediate players is change your keybinds. My most recommended keys are the F key for auto attack and the C key for skill 2. The reason for this is if you're kiting enemies as core engineer using the Grenade Kit, pressing 1 over and over again can cripple your fingers. Same thing goes for skill 2 because if you use WASD for movement, you have to let go of the W key in order to press 2 and it will affect your kiting.

@Hoodie.1045Another thing I would recommend to newer or intermediate players is change your keybinds. My most recommended keys are the F key for auto attack and the C key for skill 2. The reason for this is if you're kiting enemies as core engineer using the Grenade Kit, pressing 1 over and over again can cripple your fingers. Same thing goes for skill 2 because if you use WASD for movement, you have to let go of the W key in order to press 2 and it will affect your kiting.

Wait... What?? I understand auto-attack (altho I dont use other keybinds than 1 for it). But skill 2??? Dunno how crippled your fingers are, but I dont have any problems to press 2 while keeping middle finger at W.

@Mutaatti.2789 said:

@Hoodie.1045Another thing I would recommend to newer or intermediate players is change your keybinds. My most recommended keys are the F key for auto attack and the C key for skill 2. The reason for this is if you're kiting enemies as core engineer using the Grenade Kit, pressing 1 over and over again can cripple your fingers. Same thing goes for skill 2 because if you use WASD for movement, you have to let go of the W key in order to press 2 and it will affect your kiting.

Wait... What?? I understand auto-attack (altho I dont use other keybinds than 1 for it). But skill 2??? Dunno how crippled your fingers are, but I dont have any problems to press 2 while keeping middle finger at W.

It has nothing to do with my fingers being crippled (they aren't), it's just that you have to take into consideration what you're sacrificing when you have to press certain keys.

Pressing 1 can be tiresome on ground-targeted skills because you have to stretch your fingers in an awkward manner and you won't be able to comfortably use keys like A to go left while kiting.

Pressing 2 can be problematic because you have to let go of the key you use to go forward and it will negatively affect your kiting. Sure, it may seem easy for you to press 2 very quickly, but I find it much easier having keys that I can easily reach without hindering my movement and kiting. If you've ever played core engineer back in 2013, you'd realize how crucial it is to have keybinds like these.

Archived