Implement AI radius limit with LOS

Chilli.2976

I'm tired (and I'm sure the majority if the community is) of being attack by AI (Rangers pets, Mesmer clones etc) while the human player is about 2000 radius away. Please make a limit on how far the AI can chase you - also if you are not in LOS range of the human player the AI should not attack you.

Any other suggestions?

@Chilli.2976 said:I'm tired (and I'm sure the majority if the community is) of being attack by AI (Rangers pets, Mesmer clones etc) while the human player is about 2000 radius away. Please make a limit on how far the AI can chase you - also if you are not in LOS range of the human player the AI should not attack you.

Any other suggestions?

I know it can be annoying to be attacked by ranger pets or mesmer clones/phantasms out of range or behind cover, but it's no different than using ground-targeted skills in a radius. Some of these skills have a range of 900, like the elementalists' Phoenix skill, but the radius increases the range just so slightly that it goes out of range and is still able to hit you.

If we're talking about things that should be fixed I'd rather see the over tunned ranger arrow reach which makes no sense compared to similar ranged abilities of other professions rather than rangers pet range or mesmer clones. I mean having an AI companion that can do stuff other than shooting strait it's the flavor of those sorts of class themes aka diversity and different mechanics which makes the combat system less boring in my opinion.

@Chilli.2976 said:I'm tired (and I'm sure the majority if the community is) of being attack by AI (Rangers pets, Mesmer clones etc) while the human player is about 2000 radius away. Please make a limit on how far the AI can chase you - also if you are not in LOS range of the human player the AI should not attack you.

Any other suggestions?

In case you were unaware, they've done this before. These things, or at least ranger pets, used to have unlimited range. They then reduced the leash range to 2000.

Before, way back when, a ranger could sit on the treb at Khylo while his pet chased and killed someone (this was also before, or maybe around the same time, they nerfed pet damage across the board) around the map and on any cap point.

As for your LoS suggestion, are you saying that, say, if I'm on one side of a hut and you are on the other, my pet shouldn't walk 10 feet around it to attack you, because I myself don't have LoS? Perhaps I'm just reading it wrong but that's what it sounds like based off your wording, which is a bit silly, imo.

Archived