Finding your marked target

Tinnel.4369

@saerni.2584 you can roll this to the other post if needed.

I was playing pick on a zerg last night and noticed something kind of frustrating. I'd mark my target and then lose it as a target to range or have to change target to deal with a more immediate threat. This creates a situation where you have a mark out, but you're gaining no malice. I realize mercy is an option, but seems this shouldn't have to be a requirement.

Also, hitting your target in a zerg to generate malice is difficult. Of course, you weren't hitting them before either, but you were generating malice to set up a big hit when it was opportune.

For me, if I’m in a larger group I tend to reserve my mark for targets that fall out of alignment with their group (or can be made to do so). Large Group play makes stalking just one target hard to accomplish unless you are targeting their tag.

Otherwise, I tend to find a back line DPS target like scourge and mark them. Flanking the target from the sides you can usually hit them enough to get malice to support a final spike of damage.

I agree that Mark can be easily lost in a crowd. The solution can be to untarget and use a stolen skill to reaquire the target. But it might be helpful to let players keep targets at a slightly longer distance given the proliferation of 1500 range abilities.

I realize there are many potential work arounds, the question of reasonable remains. I didn't know the stolen skill would reacquire the target, thanks.

I don't PvP DE, but I see it potentially being a bigger issue there where your target can just disengage the point, but you still have someone pressing you and you're handicapped.

I don't know that persistence of the target at longer ranges helps. Chances are you're not gonna be even remotely in range of that target again anytime soon as it disappears into the blob or farther into the backline. I don't want to be committed to trying to track that target down, I want to reset without mandatory filling of a utility slot with mercy. Perhaps my thread title isn't so accurate.

You can pick anyone in or around any part of that zerg or even smaller squad but that Mark will drop as a target pretty quick and melt into the blob. All you can really do is get used to zeroing in on the Mark above the head and left click. It wouldn't hurt if pressing Mark key after target is marked selected them as target again but for now I call target along with selecting targets now and quickly call them as a target again if they dropped into stealth or whatever.

Archived