Do sigils carry over their effects into kits?

AncientYs.8613

So, I equip a sigil of smoldering(inflicted burn duration increased by 20%) onto my pistol. Is the 20% Increased burn duration only applied to pistol skills that inflict burn? (blowtorch) or does it also apply its duration increase to flamethrower kit skills that inflict burn as well? Or only affects weapon? . Thanks!

-Ancient_Ys

@AncientYs.8613 said:

@Ario.8964 said:Also worth noting (assuming you don't already know) that they are affected by weapon swap and photon forge in holosmith is affected by weapon swap sigs as well.

Interesting, this makes the sigils work so flexibly.. Hmm.. Thanks! I didn't know that prior to it being mentioned by you.

It used to be that sigils were useless for kits way back when. Imagine being deprived of 'on weapon swap' effects because you're one of the only two classes that doesn't have weapons to swap and your effects were just to look pretty because some of your best damage was through the grenade kit. Used to be similar to the Ele too until they counted attunement swaps as weapon swaps for all such effects.

@Icefyer.9208 said:

@"Ario.8964" said:Also worth noting (assuming you don't already know) that they are affected by weapon swap and photon forge in holosmith is affected by weapon swap sigs as well.

Interesting, this makes the sigils work so flexibly.. Hmm.. Thanks! I didn't know that prior to it being mentioned by you.

It used to be that sigils were useless for kits way back when. Imagine being deprived of 'on weapon swap' effects because you're one of the only two classes that doesn't have weapons to swap and your effects were just to look pretty because some of your best damage was through the grenade kit. Used to be similar to the Ele too until they counted attunement swaps as weapon swaps for all such effects.

Yep, it took me a long time to unlearn the "on weapon swap" problem engineer originally had.

Archived