Celestial

R E F L H E X.8413

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Daharahj.1325 said:Weaver would be bonkers with celestial.

Let's learn from history shall we?

Ok sure. History tells me that Ele needs celestial. History also tells us that 540 stat celestial was OP. So how about just nerfing the stats instead of removing a whole bunch of potential builds from at least one profession.

There, not only did we also learn from history, we also helped the game. Now if Anet would just do the same...

Every build i make would benefit from celestial and I like to play offensive builds not bunkers.

If I hit you for celestial not berserker damage to you that feels more balanced, same for condis the condi dmg is lower than on normal condi amulets so to you it feels more balanced when I hit you wearing celestial. To me having a more balanced defense makes it feel more balanced when you hit me.

I was testing vipers amulet on a mes chased a deadeye and took the point he had like 1 hp and ran off without dieing but he shoulda had enough time to gain malice by the time I took the point he came back and one shot me in that amulet with deaths judgement i had 15.8k hp and he hit all of it in one shot. This seems to be the balance anet originally intended and still intend with updates like celestial removal forcing those kinds of amulets on us and what they push for and its a large reason why pvp failing. Then we get people to talk about one build on one class not really knowing what they are talking about (ele). The stats do not need to be lowered, and I think many people will speak without have actually of making and trying celestial builds themselves on something other than ele.

When I would run condi or power necro id run celestial on both (and for condi earth sigil used to proc alot with the lowered crit), also benefits weapons that do condi and power damage ie pistol stealth attack or mesmer axe or necro using scepter on a power set seconding its axe. Being able to stay and fight was worth the damage on every single build I played thief, mesmer, necro, guardian and ranger all with celestial builds mostly offensive builds some defensive builds power and condi. I look at these amulets and think this amulet is shit I'd benefit from celestial everytime I make a build. Diversity is lowered especially when it comes to mixed builds.

I'd rather have them running celestial and doing less condi damage while I have the celestial defense than the way it is now for surely.

I'd also rather play a boonstripping scourge power/condi balanced with celestial as well. I called it boonsharing because you steal not just corrupt boons. Not having celestial makes me not want to play it at all. Sage lacks the crit for bleeds in necro traits (would also lack it for earth sigil), same goes for ranger.

Yeah I really hate that they completely removed celestial from pvp (especially since they left it in pve) instead of just nerfing it to acceptable levels. I just like all around builds, and especially as elementalist the pvp amulet choice is extremely narrow now, with none being an actually good choice really. I'd much rather take a lower stat celestial amulet than having to take zero vitality if I want condi+power+toughness or something like that.

Or, even better: Just bring back jewels in pvp, I don't understand why they removed them. Having the option to allocate about 300 of your ~3000 stat budget (don't nail me on the specific numbers) was so nice and really should be brought back IMHO.

Why do I have to take a full bunker amulet, or a full zerker amulet? Why can't I have a 85% zerker, 15% sustain amulet+jewel combo or whatever other combination instead?

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Jinks.2057 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Jinks.2057 said:

I'm glad it's gone and happy it'll never return. WvW still has Cele gear for you to use.

They also have players aswell.

All game modes have players. PvP just has better balance.

We're both tellin jokes now hehe

Here's the thing you've admitted you're a bronze player.

Wanting the Cele Amulet back we can understand from you, but in the grand scheme of things it was broken. The removal of it was a good thing and has done nothing but helped the game.

Have a nice day.

@Jinks.2057 said:Cele amulet carried low skilled players allowing them to compete well above their real skill level.

They were competing with other people in celestial just like everyone has access to all amulets thats a load of crap. The same could be said for people wanting everything like zerker so everyone gets their chance to one hit the other person unexpectedly or on cooldown etc. The depth of the fight is lowered its like making all maps old skyhammer you could say the one hit let noobs beat good players because they got one hit.

@Daharahj.1325 said:I don't get why you people keep advocating for wet noodle fights, it just doesn't work in a conquest game mode.

We should just make all maps the old skyhammer if we want everything like a zerker where almost hitting first wins the fight. Miss one dodge and youre dead. The epitome of gw2 pvp.The depth of the fight is lowered.

Everyone in celestial is much more ideal pvp than everyone in zerker type of gear.

Removing amulets to balance PvP has always been the worst possible form of balance. So it's only natural they did it again and again... Not only are the real problems not addressed, but they also killed what was fine in the process.

As long as ANet refuses to split skills and traits, balance is doomed. And I'm not talking about 1-3 per profession in 2 years like they are doing, I'm talking MAJOR groundbreaking splits.

@Ara.4569 said:Removing amulets to balance PvP has always been the worst possible form of balance. So it's only natural they did it again and again... Not only are the real problems not addressed, but they also killed what was fine in the process.

As long as ANet refuses to split skills and traits, balance is doomed. And I'm not talking about 1-3 per profession in 2 years like they are doing, I'm talking MAJOR groundbreaking splits.

Toughness + Vitality/Healing Power: it's easier to remove such combination or to rework all the coefficient to make them balanced?But I agree on the split part, I'm happy that Deathly Chill isn't a problem in PvP and many other traits/skills should share his own fate if too powerful for PvP mode.

Here's a novel idea: Bring cele back and then nerf the stuff that made it so op to begin with (I.E. might stacking, too many invulns, too many passives, etc.) certain classes have been designed to need access to all stats (ele) in order to be functional as something other than a heal bot or a glass cannon with next to no survivability. They tried to put hybrid amulets in with sage and mercenary (back before that was removed cause instead of nerfing the op stuff they thought killing every potential build from that amulet was a better choice) and it's easy to see they just don't work because you can't get all the stuff you need to have a functional build.Take ele, they can't use sage effectively without perma prot to stop them from getting 1 shot by everything, they need some toughness. But, there's no way for them to get toughness without losing out on vitality unless they go paladin. But because their sustain comes from skills that have negligible healing without healing power if they go paladin to not be complete squish they have 0 sustain and so the cycle continues. Cele needs to come back and anet needs to start nerfing the skills and builds that overpeform instead of removing stats from the game.Yes a good deal of builds would move to celestial but most would probably stick with the amulet they currently have (thief with mara, dh with mara, ranger with menders, etc.) All adding cele and other such amulets back in does is allow for diversity.

Archived