I'm being put in a lot of unbalanced SPvP Matches. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

I'm being put in a lot of unbalanced SPvP Matches.

Necronaut.6028Necronaut.6028 Member ✭✭
edited May 16, 2018 in PVP

Hi, I wanted to share my experiences in SPvP as a Thief (also played a little Guardian/Ranger, but not much). I've been having real difficulty in SPvP because of the imbalanced skill level of teams. I've played 354 ranked games and only won 155. That is well below a 50% win ratio (roughly 43%), usually unheard of in any competitive game, as it usually floats between 49-51%. Just to give you an idea of how bonkers this is, I was Plat Rank in Overwatch a few seasons back, and I'm only playing in high silver in Gw2. I'm not the best player in the game, but I shouldn't have to be, the matchmaker should do its job to make a fair game. https://imgur.com/a/Pcq8AhK

Thank you for your time.

<1

Comments

  • Highlie.7641Highlie.7641 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 16, 2018

    There matchmaker is complete kitten, here's 4 of the 7 games i had last night. If you keep winning eventally you will hit a point where they stick you with people that have never played before. They firmly deny they do that, but it's completly obvious if you know where the mini map is.

    You can't see my toon sadly, but it's a hybrid renegade reverent (power/con) . a spec that is super squishy.

    image
    image
    image
    image

    It's been like this all season.
    I really need to set up video for this game, to show you how horrible the players are when your suppose to lose / win

    My point is OP don't take the pvp in this game seriously, the matchmaker is not good at all. and you will just get enraged

    *I'm not calling out any names that are listed, if you see your name listed please bare with me, i'm just proving how bad the matchmaker is.

  • Panda.3620Panda.3620 Member ✭✭

    Keep playing and get better, you play thief and is on silver, that means you're not skilled. Watch or ask for a thief on plat to help you on how to play your class, thief is a hard class to learn, you're either good or bad, there is no middle point for now unfortunately since thief is high risk high reward.

    50%+ winrate is where gold players are. Gold players are skilled class wise but lack on how to play conquest mode, they don't control the map, don't pay attention, can't read the enemy.

    As a thief, controlling the map is a must, ask help for a thief main on the leaderboards, there is alot of good ones.

  • Necronaut.6028Necronaut.6028 Member ✭✭
    edited May 16, 2018

    Sampson, with all of your "sarcasm", you seem to have an inability to understand simple concepts. If the game thinks I deserve silver, cool, I'm not disputing that, it's w/e. Put me in Bronze, or Wood level for all I care, but don't expect me to believe a sub 49% winrate is okay. I just want to have enjoyable games, not constant stomp-fests one way or the other. I mentioned that I'm Plat in Overwatch as a way of saying: "I'm not a window licking mouth breather". It's not cool to have a sub 49% winrate, that just reeks of bad algorithms and imbalanced matchmaking. If I was at wood level I would expect a ranked system to keep me within the 50% win/loss range even if I was running around in circles all day and firing at the sky, (which I'm not). Other Triple A games can move your MMR rating up and down without giving you sub 49% winrates. League of Legends does this, Overwatch does this, as do many other games based off of an MMR system (perhaps integral functions of their algorithms are trade secrets). GW2 can adjust people's MMR up or down without putting them at a sub 49% winrate, that's all I'm saying. It's simple, less points for winning, and more points lost for losing depending on the weight factors. I don't choose the other members of my team, GW2 does. Now, you can come back with some silly argument like "the only constant in all your games is you", or "go watch YouTube videos on how to play" or something like that, but I mean, I'm playing a pretty standard Metabattle build, and at the end of the day, my skill level has nothing to do with the teammates I'm getting stuck with that results in a sub 49% winrate. My level - Bronze/Silver/Gold ect. isn't even the issue, the amount of wins/losses seems to be really out of whack by at least 22 games in my case. It just means the system is heavily flawed in overvaluing the contribution certain people are going to give to the team. If I've played over 355 Ranked games, and the game still can't figure out exactly how to keep me at an even 50% winrate by choosing the right "teammates", that's not a good sign. The more data and feedback you give Arenanet behind the scenes by playing games, the easier it should be for their matchmaker to predict outcomes. This apparently isn't the case with how Arenanet's system works, it's more like a system which has "blind faith" in someone's MMR. It seems 354 ranked games played is no better than 15 ranked games played as far as determining outcomes and team composition based on MMR is concerned, that.... is worrisome.

  • Abazigal.3679Abazigal.3679 Member ✭✭✭

    @Panda.3620 said:
    50%+ winrate is where gold players are. Gold players are skilled class wise but lack on how to play conquest mode, they don't control the map, don't pay attention, can't read the enemy.

    Wouldn't agree on this. You also have the opposite, people that actually know how to play conquest, control the map and every classic stuf, but aren't so good at handling 1v1 fights ( they're mostly going to survive instead of beating the enemy ).
    Fighting these players is however interesting and learning for a thief, since 1v1's won't be " that hard "

  • Abazigal.3679Abazigal.3679 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 16, 2018

    double post delete

  • @Necronaut.6028 said:
    Sampson, with all of your "sarcasm", you seem to have an inability to understand simple concepts. If the game thinks I deserve silver, cool, I'm not disputing that, it's w/e. Put me in Bronze, or Wood level for all I care, but don't expect me to believe a sub 49% winrate is okay.

    Winrate is irrelevant. The thing that matters is your rating at the end of the day. If you keep playing as you go down you will eventually start recovering your winrate.

  • Kasdwer.3721Kasdwer.3721 Member ✭✭✭

    @Necronaut.6028 said:
    I mentioned that I'm Plat in Overwatch as a way of saying: "I'm not a window licking mouth breather".

    that doesnt mean anything considering you can reach top 500 as mercy main without knowing what to do except following your team (i think there were multiple girl streamer who were top 500 as mercy mains, but couldnt even aim abilities, the only thing they did was healing behind a corner and pressing the ult rezz before the remake)

  • Stephen.1207Stephen.1207 Member ✭✭

    I bin getting into matches where my team loses 50--- a little over 100 to 500 this is crazy since the first season I bin around 50% not no more with this season I am more like 30% why I did not get worse the match making in rank seems to put the same players together all the time so the good player get put with the way better players and the good players lose almost all the time over and over again

  • Stephen.1207Stephen.1207 Member ✭✭

    why is there some one that always says get better I am sick of it the only ones that keep saying this is on the good side of the broken matchmaking

  • Stephen.1207Stephen.1207 Member ✭✭

    OOh by the way I never see anet dev respond to anything dealing with this subject

  • Marxx.5021Marxx.5021 Member ✭✭✭

    I can confirm match making has never been good. It is getting even worse with class stacking, lowering mmr of high end player, pve focused class balance and short queue times on a limited playerbase.

  • Brandon.8294Brandon.8294 Member ✭✭

    Not to be that guy, but you are the common factor in all your games. Look at how you could improve. Seeing as you've played a lot of thief, you might not be rotating as fast as the enemy thief. Or you might focus too heavily on +1ing rather than decapping. It's hard to tell from just seeing your match history.

  • Crius.5487Crius.5487 Member ✭✭✭

    @Marxx.5021 said:
    I can confirm match making has never been good. It is getting even worse with class stacking, lowering mmr of high end player, pve focused class balance and short queue times on a limited playerbase.

    I would prefer longer queue times if it meant only allowing one profession per team. Excluding rev there's eight professions with five slots per team so it is definitely doable. Only way to see how it would affect queue times is for it to be implemented.

  • Highlie.7641Highlie.7641 Member ✭✭✭

    @Stephen.1207 said:
    why is there some one that always says get better I am sick of it the only ones that keep saying this is on the good side of the broken matchmaking

    There the ones that that think there skilled. for an example look at Sampson, he has a thread open where he doesn't even know the order of condition removal.
    Or Panda: who can't even identify what every single decent thief will tell you, "your only as good as your team" (which should be pretty basic knowledge at this time)

    It is what it is OP, Just collect the free gold. Professional balance is so screwed at the moment it's not worth taken this game seriosuly, it's pretty well know at this point that gw2 Pvp is NFG.

  • Leodon.1564Leodon.1564 Member ✭✭
    edited May 16, 2018

    Why the kitten would u expect to have 50% win rate? Are people this dumb and self-entitled now? U thinking u should have 50% win rate is about as dumb as thinking u should have a 50% win rate in the NBA. Maybe ur just Smush Parker.

  • voltaicbore.8012voltaicbore.8012 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 17, 2018

    I think I understand what OP is getting at.

    His point seems to be that that assuming you're

    • playing a meta build, and
    • playing it decently well,

    after nearly 400 matches OP thinks the matchmaker should have a better idea of where to put him so that he has a better chance of winning than he has so far.

    There are two problems that the matchmaker can't really account for: (1) dwindling population, and (2) the conquest game mode itself. There is a third problem we as forum readers have, which is (3) we actually don't know if you're any good at thief. Yes, we heard you're decent at a totally different game. That really doesn't prove anything.

    (1) is self-explanatory. No matter how well designed the MMR system is, if the mix of players is simply not diverse enough, you'll get high volatility. The MMR system can't just invent competent players to fill teams, and the results are just as bad (if not worse) when the MMR system resorts to combining really good and really bad players in matches to meet some sort of MMR average. I think the spvp population, by most indications, has been stagnant at best, with many feeling that the population is declining noticeably.

    (2) ranked spvp matches require your team to hold nodes to win, and that is unfortunately something your chosen profession does not excel at. You can certainly help your teammates hold points by helping them secure important kills quickly, or by disrupting the enemy team's focus with decaps, but at the end of the day you rely on your teammates to hold the point itself while you do your thief thing.

    I think it's possible (if a bit unlikely), that if you ride another class into gold and then switch back to thief and keep the same thief playstyle, you might find your wins come easier as your teammates might be more reliable then what you get in silver.

    As for point (3), I am in no way saying that you're bad, or that you need to L2P. I'm just saying that I don't know either way, and nothing you've said proves you deserve more wins than you have.

  • Julius Seizure.4985Julius Seizure.4985 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 17, 2018

    No offense, but if you are silver then you may be worse than you think/feel.

    I too am far from the best, but can be a solid player, and have never sunk too far despite massive loss streaks. I am usually low plat-2 at peak, and plat-1 to gold-3 average. I have never dropped below high gold-1, even with a 9 game losing streak this season and a 17 game losing streak last season.

    In fact, the time that I did drop to high gold-1, I literally started to carry teams. I had 5x top stats, 40% team kills, 35%+ team damage, won every single 1v1 and many 1vX, and so on. It is very obvious when you drop a bit below your level.

    Just keep playing. Eventually you will get a hot streak and pull off 10+ wins in a row. This game settles you where you belong eventually. Just keep improving and ignore your rank (yeah, easier said than done).

  • cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭

    I wouldn't want to play thief in a lower rank anyway. Even if you are good at thief, which I never have been, if you want to carry your team the majority of your matches will be controlling caps instead of actually engaging in combat.

  • choovanski.5462choovanski.5462 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2018

    getting stuck in silver is hard

    it's probably your play + build (and what role you're using it for)

    brute forcing your way to plat on warrior mes or Holo is p simple. even new support scrapper and DH would work lol (I like DH because I can stomp hard on it but your mileage may vary)

    @Highlie.7641 said:
    There matchmaker is complete kitten. If you keep winning eventally you will hit a point where they stick you with people that have never played before.

    You can't see my toon sadly, but it's a hybrid renegade reverent (power/con) . a spec that is super squishy.

    >

    i'm just proving how bad the matchmaker is.

    like you have people like this w zero self awareness playing renegade and thinking it's the matchmaker that's the cause of their subpar winrate. tinfoil headgear abound my dudes

    Mastered in Classics, don't think I can land this
    Think we're gonna crash blissfully out of the sky

  • Ralkuth.1456Ralkuth.1456 Member ✭✭

    If you want to climb, you should play something simple and with a defined playstyle. Warrior perhaps, it's very solid all around.

    In some ranked games on Gold, you can contribute nothing, maybe kill-steal here and there and dying a lot, but still win regardless.
    In most ranked games on Plat, you have to be conscious of what you're actually doing, knowing your class inside out is a basic requirement.

    What I'm trying to say is Win Rate comes and goes, but your skills and knowledge won't fail you, so just focus on improving those. Win Rate means jack.

    Thief is especially hard to learn, since their role in a game goes beyond fighting capability and goes into map rotational knowledge and being at right place doing the right thing. And as you go up in rating, people know how to handle you (aware of your location, counter your burst etc.), and a lot of the times you have to decide if you need to bail, making Thief increasingly hard to play.

    That is why people always say either Bad Thief or Good Thief, there is no in between. You either reliably decap, or get a +1, or win a Thief duel, you can't fail. You fail, you die, and your team is now 4v5.

    You shouldn't bring expectations from other games into GW2, or any game for that matter, they only lead to disappointment. Everyone gets kittened on at first, you just gotta get that learning curve sorted. It's not the system's fault. Improve, and you'll climb.

    Player of distinguishing mediocrity (S5: G3, S6: P1) since 2012.
    Rotation + Matchup > Skill (up to a point).
    (Core) Clocktower Paragon -> Genius Traits -> Slowpoke Legionnaire-> Unthinking Magus -> (HoT) Perpetually Phantomized -> (PoF) Healbot Huntart

  • ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

    if u want climb u need be a 'flexible thief', playing the role of point deccaper or helping team hold/contest a point, this last i have seen a new DeadEye generation doing this role.

    Tannhauser Engineer(SoS) | Atlantean Sword | Khel the Undead

  • Highlie.7641Highlie.7641 Member ✭✭✭

    @choovanski.5462 said:
    getting stuck in silver is hard

    it's probably your play + build (and what role you're using it for)

    brute forcing your way to plat on warrior mes or Holo is p simple. even new support scrapper and DH would work lol (I like DH because I can stomp hard on it but your mileage may vary)

    >

    If you haven't figured out, your rating is pretty much set from your placements matchs there is no hope for you. I've also seen you play multiple times, i'm sure the majority of the leftover player's could do a better job playing one handed

  • choovanski.5462choovanski.5462 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2018

    @Highlie.7641 said:

    @choovanski.5462 said:
    getting stuck in silver is hard

    it's probably your play + build (and what role you're using it for)

    brute forcing your way to plat on warrior mes or Holo is p simple. even new support scrapper and DH would work lol (I like DH because I can stomp hard on it but your mileage may vary)

    >

    If you haven't figured out, your rating is pretty much set from your placements matchs there is no hope for you. I've also seen you play multiple times, i'm sure the majority of the leftover player's could do a better job playing one handed

    keep telling yourself that kid. sure sure it's just placements lol

    nice story btw, bet you couldn't even name my toons

    Mastered in Classics, don't think I can land this
    Think we're gonna crash blissfully out of the sky

  • BikeIsGone.8675BikeIsGone.8675 Member ✭✭✭

    @Highlie.7641 said:
    If you haven't figured out, your rating is pretty much set from your placements matchs there is no hope for you.

    That isnt really true. Since its only a "soft reset" for your rating at the start of a new season, people that are very high on the leaderboards always start the new season on way lower rating and - usually - still manage to climb back to their previous rating.

    I made an alt account just a few weeks before the current season started and jumped straight into ranked as soon as I hit pvp lvl 20. Barely got placed in plat 1 (like 1510 or something) and still manged to climb more than 200 rating.

  • Highlie.7641Highlie.7641 Member ✭✭✭

    @BikeIsGone.8675 said:

    @Highlie.7641 said:
    If you haven't figured out, your rating is pretty much set from your placements matchs there is no hope for you.

    That isnt really true. Since its only a "soft reset" for your rating at the start of a new season, people that are very high on the leaderboards always start the new season on way lower rating and - usually - still manage to climb back to their previous rating.

    I made an alt account just a few weeks before the current season started and jumped straight into ranked as soon as I hit pvp lvl 20. Barely got placed in plat 1 (like 1510 or something) and still manged to climb more than 200 rating.

    new accounts start with decent mmr, meaning your placement matchs will be a stacked towards your favor.

    As for Choo, noone in this game pays attention to toon names, it's all about account names. again pretty common knowledge.

  • Sampson.2403Sampson.2403 Member ✭✭✭

    Yup everyone who keeps landing in the top 250 at the end of the season suck and their ranks are completely dictated by luck.

    Anyone in plat 2 is a phony everyone knows that (or should since i just enlightened them bros)

    The mirrors, gas mileage, credit card balances , rankings...all lies. The world is a lie hustled by win traders and hackers.

  • Arioch.4810Arioch.4810 Member ✭✭✭

    Matchmaker has problems with too low population, and also class distribution within the teams. You can affect the second part of equation by queuing with class you don't want on your team and then switching to one of your toons that is appropriate for the occasion (for instance firebrand if you have scourge on team, you two become great anchor at mid for the team)

    In order for mathchmaker to offer reasonable waiting times, it is i believe left vulnerable on purpose, and switching is allowed. It still does not guarantee anything if the match is started in some obscure time of the day with too little active players. But if you want to let's say queue with thief and refuse to switch - why getting over 40% wins would be considered a success imo.

    I do believe btw this switch at the start of the game should be prohibited ASAP, but as long as it's legal...

  • choovanski.5462choovanski.5462 Member ✭✭✭

    @Highlie.7641 said:

    @BikeIsGone.8675 said:

    @Highlie.7641 said:
    If you haven't figured out, your rating is pretty much set from your placements matchs there is no hope for you.

    That isnt really true. Since its only a "soft reset" for your rating at the start of a new season, people that are very high on the leaderboards always start the new season on way lower rating and - usually - still manage to climb back to their previous rating.

    I made an alt account just a few weeks before the current season started and jumped straight into ranked as soon as I hit pvp lvl 20. Barely got placed in plat 1 (like 1510 or something) and still manged to climb more than 200 rating.

    new accounts start with decent mmr, meaning your placement matchs will be a stacked towards your favor.

    As for Choo, noone in this game pays attention to toon names, it's all about account names. again pretty common knowledge.

    c'mon man you really think your MMR is just perma low because of your account and that's why you can't climb? you sure it's not because you actually can't carry on hybrid renegade revenant? feel like that may be the case bro

    climbing to plat is not impossible, and only an option for those w stacked MMR lol. there is a degree of luck involved in how long it takes you to get plat, but it's totally brute forceable

    as for toon names, nah dude loads of people recognise them, it's how players brand themselves. still I know you're just saying that to cover your baseless slander. I know you don't know me, and just think you're being edgy on the forum- because trust me you wouldn't forget my toon names if you'd seen em

    Mastered in Classics, don't think I can land this
    Think we're gonna crash blissfully out of the sky

  • Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @choovanski.5462 said:

    @Highlie.7641 said:

    @BikeIsGone.8675 said:

    @Highlie.7641 said:
    If you haven't figured out, your rating is pretty much set from your placements matchs there is no hope for you.

    That isnt really true. Since its only a "soft reset" for your rating at the start of a new season, people that are very high on the leaderboards always start the new season on way lower rating and - usually - still manage to climb back to their previous rating.

    I made an alt account just a few weeks before the current season started and jumped straight into ranked as soon as I hit pvp lvl 20. Barely got placed in plat 1 (like 1510 or something) and still manged to climb more than 200 rating.

    new accounts start with decent mmr, meaning your placement matchs will be a stacked towards your favor.

    As for Choo, noone in this game pays attention to toon names, it's all about account names. again pretty common knowledge.

    c'mon man you really think your MMR is just perma low because of your account and that's why you can't climb? you sure it's not because you actually can't carry on hybrid renegade revenant? feel like that may be the case bro

    climbing to plat is not impossible, and only an option for those w stacked MMR lol. there is a degree of luck involved in how long it takes you to get plat, but it's totally brute forceable

    as for toon names, nah dude loads of people recognise them, it's how players brand themselves. still I know you're just saying that to cover your baseless slander. I know you don't know me, and just think you're being edgy on the forum- because trust me you wouldn't forget my toon names if you'd seen em

    this is true. i have placed in silver and climbed to plat and finished there

  • EUmad.7645EUmad.7645 Member ✭✭
    edited May 19, 2018

    solution is really easy. Stop playing spvp. When they will see that few people play they will have to do something to give a better experience to players . Real problem is not that you can not rank up ,. real problem is that playing that kind of matches is not fun and in life there are many better ways to spend your time .

  • Eleazar.9478Eleazar.9478 Member ✭✭✭

    Woa lots of salty circle jerk comments here. Anyays OP,

    First off what time do you play?
    The matchmaking does suck on off hours.

    Secondly your going to find games are volitle in the lower tiers as people don't really know what their doing.

    Your job is to influence games not carry. Hell I play a glassy soul beast I'ved I found I can pressure and bully weaker players on the enemy team thus snowballing the fights. (Build drops off at plat 2 becuase people up there can duel and plus 1 really well.) And let's say I drop in rateing I always bounce back up because I get matched with players I can bully all game

    What I'm trying to say is find the thing your good and at and abuse it. My build is agreat +1er with some 1v1 capabilities so I do that. And duece out when it's not in my favor. I've actually won games by annyoing the team so much they'll focos me off road when my team backcaps.

    Your not going to win every game some games are just unwinnable, play the long game focos on influencing matches or hell even try I different class/build that does what you want to do, I think in season 5 I was having a problem with druid so I played a core ranger and scrapper. And found I was able to influence matched better

  • mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @EUmad.7645 said:
    solution is really easy. Stop playing spvp. When they will see that few people play they will have to do something to give a better experience to players . Real problem is not that you can not rank up ,. real problem is that playing that kind of matches is not fun and in life there are many better ways to spend your time .

    This is the exact opposite solution and some of the worst suggestion I've ever heard. The actual fix to better match making is to get more people in SPvP and get enough of them the materials and information and practice they need to become more skilled so we have a larger pool of players with proper bell curve distribution of quality players. I really doubt any matchmaker is going to be better mechanically than the one we've got. It's doing the best with what it has.

  • Highlie.7641Highlie.7641 Member ✭✭✭

    First of "bro", i never said i was stuck in Silver, I said the Matchmaker in that tier that is absoulete garbage, You do realize as soon as you leave silver it's an easy climb to platinum. Your MMR falls quicker the more games you have, this is stated as much by the PVP dev, try to get informed. Fresh accounts also start at 1200 MMR and since it's a fresh account when they win they get more points then somone who has played for years. again stated by the dev's themeselfs.

    I guess i will have to spell out this build since your too incompetent to figure it out yourself. Breakrazor's Bastion + Righteous Rebel gives you an 83% reduction in condition damage, add in Soulcleave's Summit and you out heal every single condition spec in the meta. (from thieves to necros). two simple skills Spiritcrush + Citadel Bombardment gives you burn ticks of 2k per tick. and since you can self stack 25 might (again learn to read) with shino traits / abilities your looking at power based attacks doing 2k-4k per hit while having perma fury. If you can't make that work you are a garbage player. Now you could of stated "Well your weak vs power damage," but with 21k life and the fact that you have a scourge every match ....(i better spell out barrier too for you) that is not the case.

    It's sad how uninformed you are meta wiki kid.

  • zoopop.5630zoopop.5630 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Toon name > account name

    People don’t alway check account names

  • Abraxxus.8971Abraxxus.8971 Member ✭✭

    I've crossed the threshold where I'll never be able to climb back up to where I was. I'm in that hole where every team I get put on is full of people not listening, just running here and there and just doing they're own thing and getting owned. 8 of my last 10 matches have been losses. I'm now a member of the dregs of the spvp world thanks to cruddy matchmaking. Thanks, Arenanet!

  • MisterOiZo.4359MisterOiZo.4359 Member ✭✭
    edited May 22, 2018

    I dropped back from gold 1 to silver 1 just because MM puts me in teams that really dont know what to do in PvP, surprisingly the other team almost always does get it. Is almost always ends in huge score differences, personally I play a custom Scourge build and have top stats for most things (defending, healing, kills, damage etc) but that counts for nothing atm so im stuck at the bottom of silver for now. I was really looking forward to balanced matches but right now that is about 1 out of 10.

    Win vs lose total: I'm at about 177 games played and 76 of those I won this season so that's a "win" rate of 42.9% go figure.

    Oh, and I do mixed solo and duo queue and play at different times, I'm not planning on prime time match queue gambling since I believe that behavior is hurting the MM system even more.

  • yujo.3821yujo.3821 Member ✭✭

    From plat 2 (66% win rating soloq) back to gold. thanks for this bad match making again, anet. so much fun....every season. rising in ranks and then suddenly "the wall".

  • Vague Memory.2817Vague Memory.2817 Member ✭✭✭

    Matches up a bit weird at the moment. I'm either on the winning team that wins by 200-300 pts or the losing team with a ridiculously low score. Most of the time one team just destroys the other. Rare to have a close match these days. Pretty much one team will have 2 scourges and 2 mirages, or both teams sometime. You can usually tell if you will win or lose by how much aoe each team has (the bigger and more longer lasting, the better). It is a simple as that. If you have aoe damage specialists (Scourge, Mirage), aoe CC (Holosmith, Ele, Druid), and aoe healing (Firebrand, Druid,Ele) you have a very good chance of winning. If find the other team has all of this and your team are all zerker power builds, just forget it. You'll get absolutely destroyed, unless the other team is kitten, or you have two good indestructible Warrs that can tank 3 players and likely kill everyone there if they can keep up their immortal god skill rotation (guess it also helps they are bugged at the moment giving them ridiculous amounts of toughness).

<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.