The Ultimate Matchmaking Theory

Obviously sometimes the hour can't support the mix, and sometimes Matchmaking is taking a dump, or smoke, or both. But hey, we all have to sometimes, just maybe not the smoke part.

ONWARDS!

I was puzzled. I asked myself:

• Why am I going on such long losing streaks?
  • Why are all my team mates so bad?

Obviously, the problem could not be me. I am so awesome.

To prove how awesome I was to myself, I decided to record some of my games. Here is the break down:

Turns out I was the problem. Yes, me!How was I the problem? I pretty much must have put duck tape over my mini map, because I never looked at it. Normally I can beat this class or that class, but of course being the non-reader that I am, I passed up even skimming the patch notes. Turns out I got weaker, and they got stronger. Instead of accepting that, I spent a large portion of matches trying to verify that the 1 v 1 was no longer in my favor.Why cleave the guy with 3% health, when I can start ressing my ally while they are stomp-in-progress? And then their blood necro comes picks the enemy up and ghosts us both.Of course, it was my mistake. My team mate didn't point it out in the nicest way, so I spent a chunk of the match arguing with him.Because I am not skilled at moving and typing, it was pretty much me being afk and handing free kills to the thief doing his job like he should.

Double thief? Someone asks if someone can swap. I bunker down even though I wanted to play war or guard. The other thief should have bowed down and showed me some speck.Funny thing was we won that one, even though our necro was p.o'd and afk. I guess the other team was playing while the mm was taking that smoke break.

In conclusion, I normally play like a potato and am pretty oblivious to it because at my level I can be king. Sometimes I get that competitive feeling and would rather blame my team mates for the loss, because I incidentally climbed out of my league.

This is a true story.

Archived