Guild Wars 2 not showing up in GeForce experience?

I recently got a new rig and downloaded GFE for my games but for whatever reason, GW2 doesn't show up in my games' list. I know it's supported because it's listed on the website, and it showed up on my old laptop. I even set GFE to look for games on my C and F drives, but it STILL won't show up. Has anyone else had this issue/do you know how to fix it?

I have always had this same problem. Every once in a while I see it there and get happy because I think it's fixed, but no, it disappears again. I have no idea why it doesn't show up, but I can still record videos of my game and take pictures, ect.

I also had this problem for a long time. A few months ago I did some Googling and found an easy solution posted on Reddit some time ago.

C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2

Remove the '-64' from the executable that launches the game. Change it from 'Gw2-64.exe' to 'Gw2.exe'.

The game still launches in 64bit mode, and shows up in GeForce Experience. It's probably the special character (the dash) in the .exe file name that causes it to not register in GFE for some reason. It seems to work perfectly fine for me with no game crashes or any other issues.

https://imgur.com/a/R9GNEtl

@"Ignigknawt.7869" said:I recently got a new rig and downloaded GFE for my games but for whatever reason, GW2 doesn't show up in my games' list. I know it's supported because it's listed on the website, and it showed up on my old laptop. I even set GFE to look for games on my C and F drives, but it STILL won't show up. Has anyone else had this issue/do you know how to fix it?

The way to fix this is to report the problem to NVIDIA, who are the authors of the "GeForce Experience" application. ANet don't have anything to do with it.

In my case it disappeared from GeForce Exp once I switched to 64 bit client. I believe the issue was the different exe name. However, I have noticed with one of the recent GFE updates (one or two months ago), that GW2 is recognized again while I am running 64-bit client still and did not change the name..So, I suggest you to update to the latest GFE and then rescan for games.

Archived