Weaver is in dire need of nerf — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Weaver is in dire need of nerf

Condi and zerk builds deals too much damage, Weaver (yes, weaver) traitline and 3rd skills needs tuning down to make more classes comparable in damage, because we are back to "ele is best, all others are useless" gameplay. And this is coming from ele main

<1345

Comments

• Hoodie.1045Hoodie.1045 Member ✭✭✭

@Bakeneko.5826 said:
    Condi and zerk builds deals too much damage, Weaver (yes, weaver) traitline and 3rd skills needs tuning down to make more classes comparable in damage, because we are back to "ele is best, all others are useless" gameplay. And this is coming from ele main

Weaver has always been a super glass cannon. Weaver is extremely deadly when using berserker builds, but is also very vulnerable. It even got nerfed a few balance patches ago. Just block some of its' damage, dodge or anything to have them waste their burst damage.

• DragonSlayer.1087DragonSlayer.1087 Member ✭✭✭

Nope. Don't touch the freakin weaver. It's just right as it is now. It takes a highly skilled player to make a weaver work (especially a power weaver).

• Mr Godlike.6098Mr Godlike.6098 Member ✭✭✭

Well I am here confused is he talking about pve benchmarks XD? Somebody should try and experience how weaver is easy and fun class.

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

I am so very confused by this. Weaver is equal top damage on large hit boxes for a much more sensitive rotation, on small it's marginally better than a few but no longer top and this is assuming you play perfectly and don't get shafted by any adds CCing you or lose scholar bonus and with a good boon uptime from the chrono.

Source: https://snowcrows.com/benchmarks/

In PvP and WvW ele isn't even close to being OP for roaming and it's only place is zerging where meteor on downs will pretty much kill everything down and hit like a truck even on minstrels.

If you mean that ele deals far too much damage at the upper ends in PvE and so does every other class then sure I can agree with that, the power creep across the board since HoT is unreal.

I stand with Mo.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dahir.4158 said:
    Weaver is in dire need of a buff.

Core Elementalist is in dire need for a buff. Tempest could use a small buff.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• Dahir.4158Dahir.4158 Member ✭✭✭

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

@Dahir.4158 said:
    Weaver is in dire need of a buff.

Core Elementalist is in dire need for a buff. Tempest could use a small buff.

The whole class, basically. Haha.

Broski Supreme - Piledriver Boss

• Bakeneko.5826Bakeneko.5826 Member ✭✭✭

@apharma.3741 said:

If you mean that ele deals far too much damage at the upper ends in PvE and so does every other class then sure I can agree with that, the power creep across the board since HoT is unreal.

This. HoT power creep wasn't as bad as POF. Weaver traitlines and weaver-only skills should be hit, as well as several other elite spec. Anet needs to pick one class to use as baseline power to balance around (like Blizzard does with Overwatch - Tracer is base power line and all characters are balanced around that power line). Core specs need buff badly and HoT elites little tweaks here and there. After POF came out, 5 out of 8 characters had to basically be locked into PoF specs so they stay relevant to meta, while previous specs becomes next to useless

edited May 16, 2018

@Bakeneko.5826 said:

@apharma.3741 said:

This. HoT power creep wasn't as bad as POF. Weaver traitlines and weaver-only skills should be hit, as well as several other elite spec. Anet needs to pick one class to use as baseline power to balance around (like Blizzard does with Overwatch - Tracer is base power line and all characters are balanced around that power line). Core specs need buff badly and HoT elites little tweaks here and there. After POF came out, 5 out of 8 characters had to basically be locked into PoF specs so they stay relevant to meta, while previous specs becomes next to useless

I don’t agree that core needs buffs, I think all elites need nerfing quite a bit and being reworked where necessary to be more concise with their purpose. For example tempest is a support spec, it should absolutely never be a dps increase to the ele to run tempest, even over core. It could buff its party, heal its party, provide damage mitigation, party effects like stunbreaks etc where each line clearly provides synergy however because tempest gets extra overloads each trait is a little weaker than an equivocal core line but works out slightly better when you factor in overloads.

To put this in perspective Gorseval was meant to be a dps check, it has 21,628,200 health and an enraged timer of 7 minutes (420s). This means the total raid DPS to finish it within enrage timer is about 51.5k, that’s for a full 10 man group.

Even if we say you will only get half that time to actually do damage to the boss (which is a gross overstatement) it still works out at needing only 103k to complete the encounter within enrage timer. 4 SBSBSB auto attacking and 6 support almost no damage characters can complete this with 0 risk and this is assuming they are literally just auto attacking, maybe hitting 2 and those utility skills off cool down.

The reality is that even the support classes can account for a good 15k or more of the raid groups dps and this is assuming you play super safe with double chrono, Druid, warrior (offensive support banners), and extra healer which still gives you room for another dps which would easily make your raid group do 90-100k without actually trying to dps.

Raids are supposed to be hard, yet with the creep the bar just keeps getting lower and lower.

I stand with Mo.

• Lincolnbeard.1735Lincolnbeard.1735 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 16, 2018

I say eles need to get HP nerfed by at least 50% too.
    11k is too much! I mean how eles dare to survive a 10k hit by 1 skill press from other professions?

• Retsuko.2035Retsuko.2035 Member ✭✭

@Bakeneko.5826 said:

I'll just think this was meant to be sarcastic :)
    Staff weaver is maybe a bit high on DPS in an unrealistic golem scenario. But elsewhere it's quite balanced. Sword weaver even needs some quality of life improvements imo.

• Feanor.2358Feanor.2358 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Retsuko.2035 said:

@Bakeneko.5826 said:

I'll just think this was meant to be sarcastic :)
    Staff weaver is was maybe a bit high on DPS in an unrealistic golem scenario. But elsewhere it's quite balanced. Sword weaver even needs some quality of life improvements imo.

FTFY. It is now too low.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

Its needs to get less crit dmg from power at the same time it needs better GM effects as well as more non max dmg effects such as unblockables quickness and maybe so means of dealing with boons.

So weaver needs less max dmg and more reliability dmg. As things stand though we are seeing the core ele getting nerfed because of weaver max dmg being so high.

@Jski.6180 said:
    Its needs to get less crit dmg from power at the same time it needs better GM effects as well as more non max dmg effects such as unblockables quickness and maybe so means of dealing with boons.

So weaver needs less max dmg and more reliability dmg. As things stand though we are seeing the core ele getting nerfed because of weaver max dmg being so high.

Negative. That'd make it just the same as any other spec. It's fine to have high unreliable damage, it just needs it to be, you know, high.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Jski.6180 said:

Negative. That'd make it just the same as any other spec. It's fine to have high unreliable damage, it just needs it to be, you know, high.

And weaver just a better damging ele power to crit dmg is silly you do higher crit dmg with power and you also get higher crit dmg from power.

• Ryou.2398Ryou.2398 Member ✭✭

@Ganathar.4956 said:
    Some people won't be happy until ele has no place in any game mode. If you haven't noticed ele already got nerfed this patch. Want to make DPS even lower so nobody wants to play the risky build that will end up doing lower dps than the safer builds?

What is ele supposed to do after that? PvP? Pretty useless there. WvW? No reason to ever roam with this profession. If it gets nerfed then it will only be viable for WvW zergs. Not optimal there, just viable. A couple of eles in a sea of scourges and firebrands.

Exactly just look at thief.

@Jski.6180 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Jski.6180 said:

And weaver just a better damging ele power to crit dmg is silly you do higher crit dmg with power and you also get higher crit dmg from power.

So? It lets you build a better glass cannon spec. I fail to see the problem.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Jski.6180 said:

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Jski.6180 said:

So? It lets you build a better glass cannon spec. I fail to see the problem.

It oddly make you more tankly more of every thing. In a way weaver line is just a pure + more power healing etc.. its the purest form of power creep added but it dose nothing to fix problem of the core dmg effects. Ele has no means of dealing with dmg mitigation.

• @Bakeneko.5826 said:

When you're forced to use marauder, vitality trait over dps, vitality food and defense utilities just to survive backline then you can cry. My full zerker core warrior trots frontline with lulez. You complaining about shower/font and the occasional static field makes gud lulz.

@Ryou.2398 said:

@Ganathar.4956 said:
    Some people won't be happy until ele has no place in any game mode. If you haven't noticed ele already got nerfed this patch. Want to make DPS even lower so nobody wants to play the risky build that will end up doing lower dps than the safer builds?

What is ele supposed to do after that? PvP? Pretty useless there. WvW? No reason to ever roam with this profession. If it gets nerfed then it will only be viable for WvW zergs. Not optimal there, just viable. A couple of eles in a sea of scourges and firebrands.

Exactly just look at thief.

There are 2 big differences though.

1. In PvE thief can easily do extremely solid and reliable dps where the rotation might not go over 5 keys to ever be pressed. Yes no more than 5 buttons, ever.
    2. In WvW thief is extremely good at roaming while ele is....a mixed bag would be kind and utterly disappointing would be more accurate.

Now if you had said power rev or reaper then yes I’d agree entirely.

I stand with Mo.

• Zhaid Zhem.6508Zhaid Zhem.6508 Member ✭✭
    edited May 18, 2018

#3 dual attack : 3/4s or 1s cast, low projectil, cleave ... and you want to reduce the dmg ? Well ... Just do a sidestep; don't complain about a good timed stance.

@Ganathar.4956 said:

Some people just don't read post. I am Ele player, that is I play Ele, Temp and Weaver. And weaver it the problem. Meteor shower got nerfed against single target, Weaver hit? Yes, so are other specs, when power Weaver is the problem - temp is OK dps, I'd say it was in good place before meteor shower change where other specs are finally competetive with it. Weaver +bonus dmg is THE PROBLEM. Read. the. first. post. Not just the title.

• Dahir.4158Dahir.4158 Member ✭✭✭

@Bakeneko.5826 said:

@Ganathar.4956 said:

Some people just don't read post. I am Ele player, that is I play Ele, Temp and Weaver. And weaver it the problem. Meteor shower got nerfed against single target, Weaver hit? Yes, so are other specs, when power Weaver is the problem - temp is OK dps, I'd say it was in good place before meteor shower change where other specs are finally competetive with it. Weaver +bonus dmg is THE PROBLEM. Read. the. first. post. Not just the title.

You are mad.

Broski Supreme - Piledriver Boss

• steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭

@Bakeneko.5826 said:

Yes, a multi target skill got nerfed against a single target, but buffed against many. Kinda makes sense. It's not the best change for wvw, but it works in pve where MS was the main reason of ele overperforming with any elite spec.

Weaver isnt really the problem since the only relevant build on it was staff, everything else was underperforming. Nerfing staff is crucial for pve balance and class/build diversity when it comes to other classes or other ele elite specs. Days of dps tempest in raids are over (at least power builds) since it's a multi-role spec while weaver is full dps, so of course weaver should perform much much better in that area.

When tempest used to do OP dps and ele got nerfed patch after patch, I always thought it was elite spec which should get nerfed, but it was never the problem in tempest. They kept nerfing staff over and over again with minor nerfs to tempest, but it was still strong build because nerfs were mild. After scepter meta, tempest finally got butchered, again, for no reason. Air overload is completely useless now when it comes to damage and d/w and s/w builds suffer the most from it, not staff. If MS changes we have now happened before PoF, some tempest builds could still be relevant now.

• Ganathar.4956Ganathar.4956 Member ✭✭✭

@Bakeneko.5826 said:

@Ganathar.4956 said:

I did read it's just that you aren't making too much sense. Yeah, weaver does more damage than tempest and core ele obviously since it's the damage forcused spec. Tempest is supposed to be the support spec. Weaver gives up everything for that damage. After the nerf to meteor shower they are way closer to other professions in terms of damage. If the damage becomes too low there will be no reason to take weaver. It has no utility to speak of and bad CC, while being squishy.

I do agree that weaver and core ele didn't need nerfs, but it's obvious they nerfed meteor shower just because they got tired of the issues that were caused by the DPS disparity between different hitbox sizes. Nerfing the weaver traits would not accomplish anything in regards to balancing the DPS across different hitboxes. The traits of weaver are a bit excessive in regards to how many are damage modifiers, but that is an issue due to entirely different reasons. The DPS of weaver is fine and other professions are not even close to useless. I have no idea where you get this impression. Weaver isn't the top benchmark anymore either, warrior has that now. Finally condi weaver builds are worse than power ones, so I don't know why you even mentioned them.

@Bakeneko.5826 said:

@Ganathar.4956 said:

I've been ele main since day 1. And no, weaver is not a problem. Wanna know what happened when I switched from tempest to weaver? Dps went up but overall I felt a lot more fragile. It's called "balance". Yeah, it's the better glass cannon spec. And the more fragile. Lower its damage and it becomes useless. Why would you run it instead of the more reliable tempest?

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Bakeneko.5826 said:

@Ganathar.4956 said:

I've been ele main since day 1. And no, weaver is not a problem. Wanna know what happened when I switched from tempest to weaver? Dps went up but overall I felt a lot more fragile. It's called "balance". Yeah, it's the better glass cannon spec. And the more fragile. Lower its damage and it becomes useless. Why would you run it instead of the more reliable tempest?

Problem is, Anet is solving Weaver power problem by nerfing core Ele (DPS class) skills, which are shared between all specs, but +26% dmg from traits is OK? Bull poop. Switch bonus dmg from +26% via traits to 15% and it is still better than Tempest, no core skills needs nerfing and power creep isn't as bad

There is no weaver power problem. The higher power is required to make such a fragile spec work. What part of this you're having trouble understanding?

• Lonewolf Kai.3682Lonewolf Kai.3682 Member ✭✭✭

@Bakeneko.5826 said:

If Weaver could switch attunements without a global cool down, I maybe could understand this. But as it works now, Weaver does not need further nerfing.

• @Gambino.2109 said:
    If you want it's damaged shaved that bad so other classes can do comparable damage.. then why don't we bring these other classes Hp down to 11k so it can be comparable survivalilty and everyone can do crazy damage and get wrecked at the same time.

Please let's! Let's make all health pools the same in PvE! I really mean it. Cause at the very moment it's ridiculous how many ppl STILL use this as an excuse for the very unhealthy balance that's still around. While in the PvE endgame it's definitely THE single worst defensive ability that you can have. Ivulns, blocks, extra evades, etc. those are the REAL lifesavers, not HP!
    STOP NOW with this BS!

• Ganathar.4956Ganathar.4956 Member ✭✭✭

@Agrippa Oculus.3726 said:

@Gambino.2109 said:
    If you want it's damaged shaved that bad so other classes can do comparable damage.. then why don't we bring these other classes Hp down to 11k so it can be comparable survivalilty and everyone can do crazy damage and get wrecked at the same time.

Please let's! Let's make all health pools the same in PvE! I really mean it. Cause at the very moment it's ridiculous how many ppl STILL use this as an excuse for the very unhealthy balance that's still around. While in the PvE endgame it's definitely THE single worst defensive ability that you can have. Ivulns, blocks, extra evades, etc. those are the REAL lifesavers, not HP!
    STOP NOW with this BS!

Ele has no abundance of invulns and blocks, especially not the DPS focused build of weaver in raids. Only sword builds have a decent amount of extra evades. So HP is not the only reason why this build has no survivability to speak of. All it has is the staff water heals, which need at least a 4 second delay to start casting because of the way weaver modifies attunements. Many other profession builds have built-in defensive abilities, like scourge barriers, guardian aegis, daredevil evades etc. Elementalist can have some in-built survivability with tempest, but that has much lower DPS, which is no coincidence. So staff weaver has both low HP and no defensive skills that it can use reliably on demand.

@Feanor.2358 said:
    There is no weaver power problem. The higher power is required to make such a fragile spec work. What part of this you're having trouble understanding?

Weaver more tankly then core ele though.

• Weaver is not best in slot for many bosses, its just viable in pug runs for almost every single raid boss there is

the fun fact is that scourge currently is the top spec for many bosses with adds and not ele in coordinated statics
    the only time when eles get top dps in pug runs nowadays is when they actually know their class better than some random pug who picked weaver up a few weeks ago
    i have outdpsed weavers with spb dps for example on bosses where it shouldnt be possible if those knew how to play weaver

so yeah, i dont think ele needs a nerf, i really just think that the latest meteor shower nerf/change was a completely trashy rework in meteors mechanics, for example:

at sloth and sama, who both dont count as "invulnerable" at their breakbar phases, you cant just precast meteor anymore like in the old rotation pre nerf cause your emteor hits, that hit for 0 dmg!, already would count into the calculations for the -10% dmg reduction

meaning the new weaver rota from SC, starting that directkly after the breakbar is broken, would benefit you moer in terms of dmg if you 2x attune fire into lava font and meteor shower to get those nice burst hits before they get reduced

weaver nowadays, especially due to this kitten meteor change and the devs not wanting to realise that its a completely dumb rework for gameplays sake, makes weaver even harder to play for newer ele players who even struggle to reach 30k bursts on samarog because:

a) MS gets canceled due to them not being used to shockwaves
    b) glyph of storms gets canceled for the same reason (and now it doesnt just go on 3-4s CD, but rather onto the full 60s CD when being interrupted.... GJ devs for this gloriious bug!...)
    c) them not being good at conjure placement and picking them later anyways
    d) those new eles not being good at "recovering" after they lost track of their rotationbecause they dont undeerstand the class to the fullest since even SC does a bad job at explaining, their guides are nowhere near good enough for this, it needs video tutorials

so yeah, you thinking weaver needs another nerf at this point, a class that needs a lot of experience within the game itself and a lot of practice as a weaver itself, is kinda ridiculous

PRE NERF everyone would agree that weaver needed a dmg nerf in its own since it was too much, but this meteor change was just so stupid by whoever came up with it that any other major dmg nerf wuold just punish good weaver players as in: harder to play, but same result as some random DPS spb/ holosmith/ etc pp

<1345
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.