Weird similarities? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Weird similarities?

Tremidine.6871Tremidine.6871 Member ✭✭
edited May 16, 2018 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

(not endorsing this product I just thought the video looked cool and there were really cool similarities between it and guild Wars. Bizarre.)
I know that they aren't related at all, but I was watching youtube and I saw an ad that featured a Knight with a shield made of blue fire. It also included a blue dragon at his command. It reminded me of a guardian and aurene and there were lots of cool similarities. At one point in the video, his feet have a blue fire aura around him that kinda looked like the aura guardians get at their feet when they use signet of courage. Some of the things he does with his shield is similar to gaurdian shield weapon skills.

Comments

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

True, paladins, holy knights etc have never been associated with the color blue before GW2.

• Kheldorn.5123Kheldorn.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭

GW2 isn't original to begin with so other games following similar tropes isn't surprising. Or interesting.

• MarshallLaw.9260MarshallLaw.9260 Member ✭✭✭✭

Did they try to replicate some kind of karka with fire abilities? Is this the next expansion trailer?
    Destroyer Karka hybrids confirmed.

• DeanBB.4268DeanBB.4268 Member ✭✭✭

Wait. Is that Cantha? 3rd expansion = Cantha confirmed! :astonished:

X__________________________
    (Signature Required)

• I love the comments on that:

"I thought this was an ad fro an air conditioner!"

"Samnang.1879" said: "dont need to watch anime its not necessary"

• Did no one else notice how he was holding his shield at 0:21.

• Hoodie.1045Hoodie.1045 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tremidine.6871 said:
    (not endorsing this product I just thought the video looked cool and there were really cool similarities between it and guild Wars. Bizarre.)
    I know that they aren't related at all, but I was watching youtube and I saw an ad that featured a Knight with a shield made of blue fire. It also included a blue dragon at his command. It reminded me of a guardian and aurene and there were lots of cool similarities. At one point in the video, his feet have a blue fire aura around him that kinda looked like the aura guardians get at their feet when they use signet of courage. Some of the things he does with his shield is similar to gaurdian shield weapon skills.

Guardians/Holy knights/Paladins in fantasies have always had either the blue or the golden theme to symbolize their holiness.

I like the color blue with the guardians because it's often associated with water which symbolizes purity, hence why water is transparent. It has nothing to hide.

Karras The Engineer

• Khailyn.6248Khailyn.6248 Member ✭✭✭

While the monsters did remind me a bit of gw1 destroyers, the idea of a knight in blue fire and dragons arent anything new to the fantasy genre. I would be surprised if the creator wasnt inspired a bit by titles like gw or maybe even dnd.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

looks more like frost to me then fire, seems to fit since they talk about a cool machine.

• Kalendraf.9521Kalendraf.9521 Member ✭✭✭

The monsters definitely reminded me of destroyers, but the rest just seemed like standard fantasy stuff and not really GW2-specific.

Proud to be a member of the Charter Vanguard [CV] on the Henge of Denravi

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.