Justiciar Adrienne: Bugged to all hell a usual on top of poor design

When is this poorly designed and bug ridden instance going to be fixed? Since it started you have Ritlock and Marjory just standing around chatting with sworn enemies, woefully overweighted DPS on the main and trash that repops at an absurdly enthusiastic rate.

I just beat it again and it's the worst instance in the game. Worse than the utterly unfulfilling and pointless Balthazar engagements in Path of Fire only in that this is a minor engagement in a much larger story.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Justiciar_AdrienneIt's paid content, and ANets inability and lack of wilfulness to fix it is as atrocious as the content. At the very least refresh your level designers because they've lost touch with those who play the main storyline content. Players have been raising this for years and nothing has been done.https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lwd/Justiciar-Adrienne-fight

I must admit that on my guardian (at that time a half-developed DH), I don't remember having much difficulty once I twigged that the special skill was required.

And of course the first Balthazar fight is supposed to be futile(1). Too spoilerish to explain why in this place.

(1) "futile" is not the same as "pointless". A pointless fight has no purpose, while a futile fight is one you fight with no result. (That B fight serves a story-progression narrative purpose, so it isn't pointless.)

It was, nevertheless vaguely entertaining to have a fight where...

! the enemy kept reviving me so he could kill me again. It's just a shame it went on quite as long as it did.

The OP hasn't actually described in what ways they think the instance is poorly designed or what they think might be bugged. There's not much ANet could do.

Some players have raised issues, sure. However, all the ones I've seen boiled down to people disliking the fight or misunderstanding the mechanics (or both), which isn't the same as being bugged or poorly designed. It's a uniquely challenging fight and that isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Accordingly, I recommend that the OP identify at least one thing that they would like to see changed and include it in the opening thread.

• 1 month later...

I'm with the OP, it's a dreadful fight. Your ai "teammates" do absolutely nothing but stand there, super fast trash mob spawnrate, Adrienne's telegraphing of her big hit in front of her is less than a second and then leaves you stunned on the floor for close to 5 seconds where she can easily get the second hit and immediately kill you. It's not a fun fight at all. If you think it's well designed we can only hope you NEVER EVER join a game studio.

Archived