Sigils for condition damage?

TheQuickFox.3826

Which sigil combination if better for condition-based damage?

Superior Sigil of Malice (+10% Condition Duration. ) + Superior Sigil of Bursting (+6% Condition Damage)

-or-

Superior Sigil of Agony (+20% Bleeding Duration) + Superior Sigil of Smoldering (+20% Burning Duration)

I will mostly be in fire and earth magic, enabling tempest elite spec, playing scepter/dagger in PvE and WvW and I plan to run celestial stats with a few Carrion items for a but extra condi damage/power and vitality.

For wvw: condi duration is pretty useless and condi tempest (especially on scepter) doesnt have great condi output outside of fighting with NPC's or cleaving downeds. I would use bursting and energy there.

For pve: maximizing your condi duration is essential, especially on burning since it's the most of your damage. Cele gear in that regard is a waste. Sigils may vary depending on runes, but you should always aim for max burn duration.

In general: bleeding on condi tempest is quite low and scepter doesnt make up for it. Focusing on bleeding is a big no on such build. I'd suggest either focusing on fire only or swapping to sword weaver since it has more condi skills, traits and utilities.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived