Possibly OP open world warrior build. Want to hear opinions on it

EpicName.4523

I hit 80 on my warrior not too long ago and tried different power variations of core/berserker and spellbreaker builds. Wasn't satisfied.Warrior is primarily a melee class and isn't quite as good as some other professions when soloing. Why? Well, warriors have good health and survivability, but their ranged options seem quite limited. This means that if you face a hard hitting enemy with tons of health like those in HPs you often cannot outsustain it. You simply melt before it does and your best ranged option seems...weak. The longbow appears to be designed around condition damage and isn't that effective for power builds.

Power reaper can solo HPs with ease, mesmer can create clones and laugh at even the toughest enemies, soulbeast can kite and outlast the mob. What can a warrior do? Charge the enemy and hope his healing signet can keep him alive long enough to kill it. You can make a tanky warrior with soldier gear, but it will be a pain to kill anything at all with this. You can make berserker with viper stats, but this is expensive as hell to get. Can't comment how good condi berserker is in open world, but it is expensive to gear for sure.

So, is there a way to make a warrior that can actually go into melee and stay there without spending THAT much gold? I have an idea, but want to hear what people think about it.

The build is a variation of the berserker raiding one since we will still be doing condition damage. Something like this:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAsfTjMdQdH23BOeAnIWmCsjBYAYklUCOBFw3T7rt2C-jZgMAAw+DAA

Weapons will be same as berserker raid build - sword/torch and longbow. Sigils will be malice and geomancy if you can afford them, but instead of renegade we will go for balthazar runes. All utility skills will be signets due to passive effects just like most warriors go for in open world.

We use Spearmarshal gear https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Insignia_of_the_SpearmarshalIt has +Power, +Healing, +Condition Damage, +Precision

+Power doesn't need explantion+Healing gives us sustain from Healing Signet passive. That way we can stay alive for longer.+Condition damage is our primary source of damage. Berserkers have both bleed and burning and we will focus on burning. Despite that, a sword main hand will be handy since it applies bleed. At this point some people will say that since we don't have expertise, the condis won't be very effective. That is why we will have balthazar runes which will improve the damage and duration. If you feel like damage/duration is low you can always add some viper stuff.+Precision will allows us to proc King of Fires.

Theoretically, we make good use of all stats on the marshal. Nothing is wasted. This build will allow you to stay in melee and sustain yourself while dealing ok damage. Marshal gear is relatively cheap to buy from the TP, but requires PoF and balthazar runes cost a few silvers. It will also make the longbow way more attractive ranged option if you are low on health and need to kite.

Your thoughts?

If you are looking to perform well in OW, I would personally recommend core power war using strength, discipline and defense lines. There generally is little need for ranged play using this option, so if that's your style, it might not be for you.

The basic set-up is mostly Zerk gear ( I picked up some free Soldiers and Berserker ascended trinkets, so those are what I've incorporated also).Adrenal Health gives you pretty decent sustain as long as you keep using bursts. If you take Forceful Greatsword and Might Makes Right from Strength triatline, that's even more healing and vigor which means more dodges.Weapon-wise, GS gives good mobility and OK damage, main-hand axe is almost certainly the best option for DPS. Offhand is situational - another axe is fairly common, personally I changed this to mace to apply more vuln and have a CC. If you feel that you require a bit more damage mitigation, take a shield and trait it for lower CD.

RE: - Your build ~Healing as far as I know, doesn't scale too well with healing signet or other sources of healing on warrior (someone correct me if I'm wrong) which means having it on Marshals gear for warrior is a wasted stat. The sustain benefits you get are really rather small, I think you may get a better return by investing in toughness/vitality to take more hits/have a larger health pool.

Mixing a little condi and decent amount of power gives you a hybrid build (I guess) with diminishing benefits from both sides. You may be better off picking either power or condi to explore your potential. If you go for power, precision and fury are the complementary stats to increase, if you go for condi, expertise and possibly precision (some condis proc on crits such as Bloodlust https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloodlust ) are the ones to increase.

edit: corrected some spelling

I run berserker discipline and arms. With full on grieving and balthazar runes and a/t sw/a.Stuff melts i dont.Marshal gear seems not that interesting to me on a warrior. I am working on a full ascended marshal soulbeast though with tons of regen, looks pretty nasty for OW.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:I run berserker discipline and arms. With full on grieving and balthazar runes and a/t sw/a.Stuff melts i dont.Marshal gear seems not that interesting to me on a warrior. I am working on a full ascended marshal soulbeast though with tons of regen, looks pretty nasty for OW.

Would you link your build? Always interested in trying different builds people having success with!

Take Strength -> Peak Performance and put Kick/Bulls Charge on your bar -> burst everything before it damages you.

You're welcome.

Healing power is really bad on warrior. I don't know the exact numbers, but I am pretty sure that the healing increase on the signet is around.. 40 more with healing power gear. Instead you just lose a lot of damage for a tiny bit of sustain.

@ZeroSkitzo.5403 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:I run berserker discipline and arms. With full on grieving and balthazar runes and a/t sw/a.Stuff melts i dont.Marshal gear seems not that interesting to me on a warrior. I am working on a full ascended marshal soulbeast though with tons of regen, looks pretty nasty for OW.

Would you link your build? Always interested in trying different builds people having success with!

Which one ? Warr or Soulbeast?

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Warrior :)

@ZeroSkitzo.5403 said:

http://de.gw2skills.net/editor/?vJUQRAsX3fncka6gGPUhYhHuQwvDZIQUqTELTB2xRIAMyeXtt2arSQo2NBA-jBSAQBsVJIFOCAYV9nzq8zp6HAwDAIAnEgks/AA-e

To correct myself. Rage runes. Just for fury uptime. But burn and bleed base duration is 53% through traits and sigils.You could also take nightmare-trapper combo for more duration.Its pure offensive and burst heavy. Survivability not existent but hell of fun.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

To correct myself. Rage runes. Just for fury uptime. But burn and bleed base duration is 53% through traits and sigils.You could also take nightmare-trapper combo for more duration.Its pure offensive and burst heavy. Survivability not existent but hell of fun.

Thanks!

Archived