Which weapon is the weakest?

Which weapon is the weakest link in the game?I think Mace is the weakest because of it slow smash.Others are pistol(i don't know why it is not that relavant) and rifle(it is cool but in fact ...meh).

Hammer is good but it is rarely used. (why??)

However, I reckon sword/long bow probably over used.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:i never see a use for the scepter, all the professions who can use them never have any good skills for them.

It's good for any necromancer condition build. I can't say I use scepter on any other class, though, except maybe vanilla guardian when I want to be lazy and half-range stuff.

my main is a necro, i rather use the staff for CC so i can keep minions alive for longer and keep enemies at bay.

@sorudo.9054 said:i never see a use for the scepter, all the professions who can use them never have any good skills for them.

Scepter is the best ranged-power weapon for Guardian.Scepter is the best ranged-condition weapon for Necromancer.Scepter is the best power-burst weapon for Elementalist.Only exception of it being Mesmer scepter which has one of the worst kits in the game.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

Scepter is the best ranged-power weapon for Guardian.Scepter is the best ranged-condition weapon for Necromancer.Scepter is the best power-burst weapon for Elementalist.Only exception of it being Mesmer scepter which has one of the worst kits in the game.

Burn Guard / Firebarnd also use Scepter since we have no other ranged option. It's fast so Justice passive triggers often.

@sorudo.9054 said:

It's good for any necromancer condition build. I can't say I use scepter on any other class, though, except maybe vanilla guardian when I want to be lazy and half-range stuff.

my main is a necro, i rather use the staff for CC so i can keep minions alive for longer and keep enemies at bay.

He is propably talking about meta/endgame builds, not somekind of sub builds

i use it on mesmer to farm nodes faster :Major Grandmaster Malicious Sorcery Increases attack speed while wielding a scepter. Reduces recharge on scepter skills.the increase in attack speed does in fact count towards node hits (their coding made it that hitting nodes was considered an attack on the node therefore attack speed makes node farming faster)

@yefluke.3168 said:Which weapon is the weakest link in the game?I think Mace is the weakest because of it slow smash.Others are pistol(i don't know why it is not that relavant) and rifle(it is cool but in fact ...meh).

I feel the question is missing either context or is overly meta focused. If its the latter, I know exactly why mace and hammer is brought up..... both are control weapons, both are short ranged, both are slow, and only WvW meta values control more then raw damage. sPvP mostly heavily favors faster weapons to match high player mobility. The exception are Bunkers, which can afford to coax a fight for area control.... something that Hammers and Mace actually excel at. In PvE, Fractals and Raids, weapon based control isn't as valued since most classes have strong ones via utilities, and its use is focused mostly on break bar or AOE displacement.

This also fall in line with the fact that Hammer and Mace have good sustain damage, but pales in comparison to burst combos that can stack up multiple effects/bonuses in the small windows of vulnerability a target would have. Core Ranged weapons also suffer from this problem, because most classes don't use them to unload large amounts of damage. Thief is the one example that can use them to burst, and this makes them deadly with both Pistols and Rifles. Ranger LB 2 is the only seriously dangerous bow skill, because it too unloads damage in a short window. All of Engineer's ranged weapons are slow and awkward; with Rifle and E-Gun ironically being used mostly for their mobility and utility skills.

Greatsword is over used in most classes, because the weapon is fast and damage oriented. The outlier here is Mesmer GS, and despite its utility, is rarely used because it can't drop damage or AOE control the way Sw/Fo and Sw/Sh can. As for long bow..... its almost never used outside of Ranger. Not even regularly used on DH, where its arguably stronger. And the only reason Ranger tend to use LB is the 1500 range that keeps it out of counter-reach.

I would argue the objectively least useful weapon across all classes is the Harpoon gun. Spear at least has mobility options, while Tridents tend to have utility. But Harpoon guns are nearly always just various forms of PewPew, with maybe some kind of uncreative CC skill or Retreat skill to round it out. Its only on 4 classes use them, and only ranger feels like its designed with any sense of flow.

@yefluke.3168 said:Which weapon is the weakest link in the game?I think Mace is the weakest because of it slow smash.Others are pistol(i don't know why it is not that relavant) and rifle(it is cool but in fact ...meh).

The weakest weapon in my opinion, hands down is the guardians' staff. Out of all the weapons, this is by far the worst. I don't think I've seen a single guardian using this weapon over the past 2-3 years. In almost every single guardian sub forum, you'll see people saying that the staff needs a rework and I do agree. It's meant to be a support weapon, but unfortunately it fails in comparison to the elementalists' staff. The elementalists' staff does what the guardians' staff does, but better.

Archived