Lets Buff Cloak and Dagger!

Grandtomatoe.2045

With all the power creep in the game I am hoping Anet will consider buffing cloak and dagger to hit two targets instead of one. I have been using cloak and dagger for years and its fun ability that takes a bit of skill to land consistently in the heat of combat but now other classes have so much more powerful abilities it makes cloak and dagger thieves look like toy cars playing against hot rods. By allowing cloak and dagger to cleave enemies it will give better chances of landing that all important attack cloak and dagger thieves rely upon.

If cleave damage is out of order than perhaps make it unblockable instead.

Or if both of those options seem too over powered then perhaps adjust the cast time so its quicker to land or increase the range on it to hit targets on the flanks slightly easier.

I understand that great consideration must be taken before buffing a skill. I would like to see something implemented to cloak and dagger because of all the other power creep in the game.

@Grandtomatoe.2045 said:With all the power creep in the game I am hoping Anet will consider buffing cloak and dagger to hit two targets instead of one. I have been using cloak and dagger for years and its fun ability that takes a bit of skill to land consistently in the heat of combat but now other classes have so much more powerful abilities it makes cloak and dagger thieves look like toy cars playing against hot rods. By allowing cloak and dagger to cleave enemies it will give better chances of landing that all important attack cloak and dagger thieves rely upon.

Or if both of those options seem too over powered then perhaps adjust the cast time so its quicker to land or increase the range on it to hit targets on the flanks slightly easier.

I understand that great consideration must be taken before buffing a skill. I would like to see something implemented to cloak and dagger because of all the other power creep in the game.

It's just a utility so it should at least stealth as long as a target lies within the area of effect even if its only single target and the target blocks or is invuln. The damage on it is trivial and it's a MELEE UTILITY. For 5 initiative it should actually DO something

@Grandtomatoe.2045 said:With all the power creep in the game I am hoping Anet will consider buffing cloak and dagger to hit two targets instead of one. I have been using cloak and dagger for years and its fun ability that takes a bit of skill to land consistently in the heat of combat but now other classes have so much more powerful abilities it makes cloak and dagger thieves look like toy cars playing against hot rods. By allowing cloak and dagger to cleave enemies it will give better chances of landing that all important attack cloak and dagger thieves rely upon.

One problem; if you gain stealth from the first hit, you will get revealed on the second hit.

I personally want shadow-step. It will work well with D/D and P/D.

They have recently buffed CnD (lowers cost from 6 to 5 init) so I doubt they will do anything else anytime soon.

@Armaelus.6120 said:

• Decrease damage or no more critical hit
  • Unblockable
  • If target is hit (even with 0 damage), you gain stealth
  • Vulnerability x5
  • Blind Foes around the rogue 3s

Thank bye !

S/D does not need another unblockable
initiative based
attack added to the set.

Only for d/d

You have to keep S/D and P/D in mind. The purpose of CnD is to hit hard then hide thus reducing damage or preventing it from crit defeats this purpose.

Or we could try to nerf the oppressive amount of hit negation in the game.

I've said it for years but there is no reasonable buff to CnD out there remaining with the initiative cost reduction. Maybe drop it to 4 init and buff the vuln stacks to 7 to account for the loss via LA. Most of the time it just gets negated by passives or similar. D/D's weaknesses (what most people in this thread seem to be referencing) are not so much about CnD but skills 2-4 with CnD just being too hard to hit because of excess powercreep to a few problem professions.

Things like unblockable attacks and more damage etc. are very easy to exploit, and other suggestions often do not factor in P/D or S/D.

A sped up animation just makes the one skill harder to outplay which is still not going to change the skill's usage or viability while making it just more frustrating to play against.

D/D needs love, but mostly to death blossom. D/D accomplishes nothing about what the thief is supposed to do as a profession as far as the current roles/identity goes, which is why D/P is always better.

An arms race attacking symptoms of a problem will not achieve anything.

Archived