Lets Take a Vote On what we want to see for Next Season For Rank Que

zoopop.5630

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only people duo queue affects are the people who are barely too bad at GW2 to hit top 25 leaderboard. It doesn't affect 98% of the playerbase, and it hurts the top 1% way more than it helps the next 1%, since those top player literally don't even play anymore due to the low quality of games. Just bring it back so the leaderboard at least means something, cuz right now its actually a huge fucking joke with people like mrauls at the top (no offense to him).

Team queue would finally drive away the last of the solo players. On the other hand it'd allow players to reject those who they don't deem worthy.

ANET would be cutting it's own throat to re - implement team queue. I admit though... they may not understand that.

shit poll for minorities (read <50 players) within a already small pvp community. I just want good class balance and if that's not achievable, at least something like a specialization ban before matches so players can balance it themselves and better death recap like a kill cam instead of the current shit that informs you that you die to 10k burning, 8k torment..etc without telling you which skills applied those (and ele specifically with the 15k mist form that wipes out the whole information if you even dare to use your downed skill 2) so I can learn to play better without needing to remember to record my matches using 3rd party softwares and repeatedly play/pause trying to decipher what happened within the insanely fast scrolling combat logs.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:Team queue would finally drive away the last of the solo players. On the other hand it'd allow players to reject those who they don't deem worthy.

ANET would be cutting it's own throat to re - implement team queue. I admit though... they may not understand that.

You're still allowed to solo-q though. Anet was pretty clear that they matched teams against better solo players and teams lost more often because of that. I know you don't like how it FEELS and that in today's culture one's feelings is more important than anything else in the world ... but the data is there.

p.s. I probably wouldn't team-q ... though sometimes I'd queue with my two brothers when we play together. The only other option is to add pips to unranked so people can play together and get the same rewards for it.

@Megametzler.5729 said:Get rid of titles above top10 or so. That just increases wintrading, moral lapses and toxicity.

Please don't go back to teamQs...

Actually no... They should have titles and other rewards at season end for all tiers, and remove the pips system. That's what promotes toxicity and moral lapses. The encouraged perspective that it's just another farm, just another grind, you can throw the game just to get pips faster, that's where the toxicity stems from.

@pah.4931 said:

@"Ithilwen.1529" said:Team queue would finally drive away the last of the solo players. On the other hand it'd allow players to reject those who they don't deem worthy.

You're still allowed to solo-q though. Anet was pretty clear that they matched teams against better solo players and teams lost more often because of that. I know you don't like how it FEELS and that in today's culture one's feelings is more important than anything else in the world ... but the data is there.

p.s. I probably wouldn't team-q ... though sometimes I'd queue with my two brothers when we play together. The only other option is to add pips to unranked so people can play together and get the same rewards for it.

Being a GenX'r I resent the implied slight. The reality is that teams exploit solos. That's been shown over and over. Long ago, team and solo were separate queues. They were merged because team queue was too slow. That helped the teams but hammered the solos. Thus it has been ever since.

That decision, among others, led us down the path to where we are now. The population doesn't justify a separate team queue. Teams vs Solo is tantamount to fixing the match for the teams.

The only viable reason for wanting teams at this point: So that teams can exploit non teams and rise quickly in rank ( above their "deserved" level. ) Beside that, there is a team queue. AT's are dominated by organized teams to the virtual exclusion of anyone else. Want team queue? go play ATs.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:Team queue would finally drive away the last of the solo players. On the other hand it'd allow players to reject those who they don't deem worthy.

Great, that would cut the whining down by about 80%. Having some snowflake ruining games running rifle warrior in the top tiers of eu (everyone knows who) and throwing games ain't an enjoyable experience.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:

@pah.4931 said:

Being a GenX'r I resent the implied slight. The reality is that teams exploit solos. That's been shown over and over. Long ago, team and solo were separate queues. They were merged because team queue was too slow. That helped the teams but hammered the solos. Thus it has been ever since.

That decision, among others, led us down the path to where we are now. The population doesn't justify a separate team queue. Teams vs Solo is tantamount to fixing the match for the teams.

The only viable reason for wanting teams at this point: So that teams can exploit non teams and rise quickly in rank ( above their "deserved" level. )
Beside that, there is a team queue. AT's are dominated by organized teams to the virtual exclusion of anyone else. Want team queue? go play ATs.

ATs are between 1-4 games every six hours, with the first three being complete stomps.The only viable reason isn't for people to climbing a pointless leaderboard for titles that doesn't mean anything. It's too bring back some sort of competition to this game outside of monthlies and the occasional AT.

I don't even know why you are advocating against the return of duo, as you would remain unaffected by the change.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

Great, that would cut the whining down by about 80%. Having some snowflake ruining games running rifle warrior in the top tiers of eu (everyone knows who) and throwing games ain't an enjoyable experience.

@pah.4931 said:

The only viable reason for wanting teams at this point: So that teams can exploit non teams and rise quickly in rank ( above their "deserved" level. )
Beside that, there is a team queue. AT's are dominated by organized teams to the virtual exclusion of anyone else. Want team queue? go play ATs.

ATs are between 1-4 games every six hours, with the first three being complete stomps.The only viable reason isn't for people to climbing a pointless leaderboard for titles that doesn't mean anything. It's too bring back some sort of competition to this game outside of monthlies and the occasional AT.

I don't even know why you are advocating against the return of duo, as you would remain unaffected by the change.

Well said....

my pal who still plays WvW keeps on pestering me and a few old guildies to reinstall, but without the ability to play ranked as our old trio it's looking pretty doubtful. ATs are not a good substitute, we got other games with teamplay that you can play whenever you want

what can I say anet? there were people who enjoyed teamplay who you drove away, and you could have us back if you like. simple things

of course some will say I'm lying and don't have any freinds, and that I'm just lying because I want to exploit sub-silver players. but honestly I gotta wonder about your motivations when you say that. feel like these people are just trying to distract from their failings, and are forgetting I would never be ranked low enough to be matched w them lol

@pah.4931 said:

Only if by "competition" you mean the chance to curb stomp solos. There's absolutely nothing competitive about team vs solo and there isn't population to support a team queue.

This is true... We would basically be trading 20 single players for 20 teams of players...This is not good :scream:

@Ithilwen.1529 said:

@pah.4931 said:

Only if by "competition" you mean the chance to curb stomp solos.
There's absolutely nothing competitive about team vs solo
and there isn't population to support a team queue.

Try reading my post over until you realise what I actually wrote. I'm not asking for teamqueue. I'm asking to be able to duo above 1600.

I'm going to skip all the "good old days" speech, in hindsight the system back then sucked, but we masochists suffered happy.

Even if I'll probably not take ranked seriously, I can appreciate that good players want more options to play with friends, and would get much out of a team rating. I would even argue that team rating should have been here all along for a game mode that is team-based.

I think we need something that brings player to play as a team.

So duo-q is a start but imo we need to grow teams up to 6 or 8 players and put a limit to 50% of that. If we have a higher team-q we will loose our solo players and it will be much more difficult to stop report abusers. On the other side if we don't change that, even midground solo players don't need to play better cause bad mechanical players can't hide their weakness well enough on theyr team.

The weakest point of every pvp are the solo players, cause they don't understand that pvp is mostly a team vs team.

So that change means:

• weaker players will allways group and cause of that they are bether, it still doesn't matter if theyr mechanical skills are bad cause theyr teamskills will grow! And they can carry themselves bether
  • solo players need to get better or also team up, so they learn also teamplay
  • that players that solo and don't want to teamup but also don't get better we will loose for ranked and maybe they turn to the place that was from start better for them: 1v1 servers or somewhere else
  • it will be far less frustrating for teamplayers cause they have bether controll over the map
  • grouping will be a better choice for the majority of the community
  • it's easyer for players to find others for teams or guilds, at least there will exist a bigger pool of players for tournaments
  • ranked will still stay a attractive place for a big pool of the pvp community without pushing the different playergroups to much

Or did i miss something? Are there still other playergroups that get affected by the idea?

@pah.4931 said:

Only if by "competition" you mean the chance to curb stomp solos.
There's absolutely nothing competitive about team vs solo
and there isn't population to support a team queue.

Try reading my post over until you realise what I actually wrote. I'm not asking for teamqueue. I'm asking to be able to duo above 1600.

I stand by what I said.

Archived