GuildWars 1 Post Processing Issue

THIS IS A GUILDWARS 1 PROBLEM BUT GUILDWARS 2 IS ALSO AFFECTED BY WINDOWS 1803 UPDATE<<<<<<<

I have no idea where else to report this issue so i might as well try and see if any devs to shed some light on it.

If there are any other forums or subforums for this please move the thread or at least point me in the correct direction of where i should be posting.

Long story short, Im on windows 10(64bit). I recently updated to the 8th of May 2018 1803 update and that broke a lot programs for me so I rolled back to build 1709.

Some problems to note...

Guildwars 1 would flash back to desktop then back to the game every time i zoned into a different area -- This problem was half fixed by turning off 'Focus Assistance' feature which was added with the 1803 update but It would still flick back to desktop before loading into the other map though it didnt take two or three seconds like it would on 1803.

Guildwars 2 wouldnt even start up properly... Splash/login screen would come up but as soon as i hit the login button the GW2 app would crash. In hindsight i should of taken a screenshot of whatever error codes that I was getting but Im sure that this problem has been reported quite a few times since the 8th of May... WHen i googled the issue It threw up quite a few hits so I doubt that Im the only one to report such an issue to tech support.....

Upon rolling back to version 1709, I updated my graphics drivers to the latest ones.... Upon starting up GW1 and checking out the graphical settings in game I have noticed that the enable post processing option is greyed out and there seems to be nothing I can do to get that working again.

Ive tried reinstalling drivers, Ive even rolled back to the previous/older drivers -- ones that i know definitely worked before i did windows update but the tickbox is still greyed out. Ive also tried playing about with windows compatibility modes, but still no joy.

My PC Spec is as follows....

Motherboard: Asus ROG-STRIX-Z370-FCPU: Intel 8600kMemory: 16GB Corsair DDR4 3200Graphics Card: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X

Im certain that this isnt the first Windows 10 1803 update problem report that you've had.

I mean, I can still pay the game just fine without post processing on. but Id still like to know why its greyed out. Im not exactly running the game on a Potato.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:First post I've seen here about post-processing, and I'm not sure there are any/many about GW2 crashing from the Win10 update, but there's an 'official' thread about the 'alt-tab' or minimizing issue you can post in.

For the tl;dr version: Contact the Tech CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below.

Good luck.

Thanks. I already did before making this post but Id thought id share just incase folks have had similar issues and solved them.

Archived