How are you playing DH in those days in WvW?

Darter.7862

I'm runnin Radiance instead of Virtues, on the usual Meditrapper build with full zerk; I know is risky, but I saw a great damage increase by Retaliation + Might combo; Litany recharge is 20s, and you take 11s Retaliation.

Did you have any suggestion? Because now DH is truelly out of meta in WvW

Depending on what you want. If you go for roaming you can basically take any pvp build and add zerker gear and be great. You can go full traps but lack survivability. And alter that.

Or are you looking for an actual zerg Dragonhunter build? I doubt that but i have one at Hand.

Nothing the guardian class offers is particularly great at solo-roaming. The best thing you have going for you is decent 1v1 game but even then, you're outclassed by an excellent holosmith, mirage or spellbreaker. DH's biggest problem is ability to disengage. If you build entirely for mobility (GS + sword + JI + dragonhunter + traveler's runes) you have okay mobility but you'll generally have trouble killing someone who runs since you essentially only have 1 way to slow someone down and no ranged attacks.

For the most fun, my recommendation is to either tweak your build to compliment a roaming comp (if you have people you roam with regularly), or tweak it to excel at 1v1s. Between DH and core guard, you can get very decent 1v1 results with standard marauder + zerker gear. I recommend carrying GS, sword, scepter, focus, shield and longbow. Among all these weapon sets and 2+ different builds, you can cover for your weaknesses if you make appropriate changes to match your opponent (like switching out a utility for CoP if you're up against a scourge).

I've stopped roaming on DH and now only roam on core guard. The main reason is that to take the DH specialization, you either have to give up Radiance or Virtues.

Radiance is what makes core guard burst DPS great (not as good as other roaming bursts, but good enough to manage). Virtues is the defensive trait that seems almost mandatory in WvW. Giving up Radiance means losing the retaliation buff, while giving up Virtues means losing extra condition cleanse and a stun break.

@nativity.3057 said:I've stopped roaming on DH and now only roam on core guard. The main reason is that to take the DH specialization, you either have to give up Radiance or Virtues.

Radiance is what makes core guard burst DPS great (not as good as other roaming bursts, but good enough to manage). Virtues is the defensive trait that seems almost mandatory in WvW. Giving up Radiance means losing the retaliation buff, while giving up Virtues means losing extra condition cleanse and a stun break.

this^ ; the point is: you cannot give up Meditations; they're useful for: huge healing, sustain, condi clean,breakstun and some mobility with teleports...but an entire line goes away

@Arcaedus.7290 said:DH's biggest problem is ability to disengage

And this^ ;Guardian is not like a Warrior, who can use Stance to absorb damage constantly and move on the battlefield with GS skills... we have leap of faith on GS and wing of resolve...other teleports need a target to be triggered... :'(

If you wanna roam with dragonhunter take this trait and play the sustain war.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hunter%27s_Fortification^ With this + damage reduction food and some marauder gear, maybe 1-2 celestial trinkets, you will never die in 1v1.

Play renewed focus, the elite trap will do nothing compared to multiple seconds of blocking.

Other than that I obviously recommend virtues+valor and then learn how to land sword 3rd autoattack because thats where your burst comes from. You can actually do it twice sometimes if you miss the first time due to it being bugged

Bow isnt necessary but can be taken if you want to. Gs is pretty good also if you get your gs 5 pull percentage high enough, Hammer will lose against thieves but with proper cc rotation, you can cc lock classes like warriors and holos after their first stab runs out.

You wanna take double energy sigils with melee weapons. With bow you wanna take 3 offensive sigils + 1 energy.

It depends on the location youre roaming at what weapon you wanna run. Hammer is abysmal at enemy corner where you can get 3 people chasing you.

Anyways, obviously I could tell you more and give you exact build but where would be the fun in that ;)

thank you all for this feedbacks :) ; the point is, Threather, just to find something different from the usual MEDItrapper and viable in this META, since I want to run a DH without been destroyed by shatterer mesmer and condispam; I understaand there are some issues in this META and you cannot survive to every kind of build, but as I have said: DH now is useless with the old MEDItrapper...

Archived