New Renegade Rotation (Written, Devastation)

narcx.3570

Hey all, I thought I would provide a written version of the new Renegade dps rotation (Large Hitbox) that SC put up the other day... It's a super fun rotation that utilizes everything GOOD about the Revenant energy system and none of the boring (very little AA and very little channeling upkeep skills).

This is mostly based on watching the video a couple times and then fine-tuning it on the golem to work out what got me the highest numbers... Enjoy, and happy Rev raiding...!

The rotation has three unique sequences before it begins to repeat itself... Each sequence involves doing the most damage possible while being able to use Citadel Bombardment as soon as it comes off cooldown. For ease of learning the rotation, I have each sequence ending on your Legend/Weapon swaps and each represents one cast of CB and all the skills before and after it leading to the next energy reset.

I should also say that this is for the Devastation variant... You would have more energy to play with while doing the Invocation build, but you should basically NEVER be using the invocation version since the entire point of playing Renegade instead of Condi War or Weaver vs large hitbox is to provide Assassins Presence for you weeber friends... And honestly, this rotation's energy usage syncs so well with the cool downs that you don't really even gain that much by going Invo (maybe a slightly longer Embrace channel and a few seconds of Soulcleave damage, but that's it.)

Sequence 1:

! Spiritcrush! Sevenshot! Unyielding Anguish! Embrace the Darkness! Bloodbane Path! (Legend Swap while casting)! (Weapon Swap when cast finishes)! Searing Fissure! Echoing Eruption! Citadel Bombardment! Temporal Rift! Searing Fissure! Auto Attack Chainx2! Searing Fissure! Razorclaw's Rage! Echoing Eruption! Searing Fissure! (Legend Swap)! (Weapon Swap)

Sequence 2:

! Bloodbane Path! Spirit Crush! Sevenshort! Autoattacks! Bloodbane Path! Citadel Bombardment! Autoattacks! Bloodbane Path! Embrace the Darkness! Spirit Crush! Sevenshot! (Legendswap for Energy)! Bloodbane Path! (Weaponswap)

Squence 3:

! Searing Fissure! Echoing Eruption! Temporal Rift! Autoattack Chain! Searing Fissure! Citadel Bombardment! Autoattack Chain! Searing Fissure! Razorclaws Rage! Echoing Eruption! Searing Fissure! (Legend Swap)! (Weapon Swap)! Bloodbane Path! Spirit Crush! Sevenshot! Autoattacks! Bloodbane Path! Autoattacks! Bloodbane Path! (Resume from Sequence 1)

Thanks for taking a first stab at breaking down the @aeriel.3589 's rotation. At the end of the day, however, the rotation will be unreliable so long as ANet does not acknowledge, let alone fix, the buggy ground targeting of Spiritcrush. I'll stick to Mace/Axe for now.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:Thanks for taking a first stab at breaking down the @aeriel.3589 's rotation. At the end of the day, however, the rotation will be unreliable so long as ANet does not acknowledge, let alone fix, the buggy ground targeting of Spiritcrush. I'll stick to Mace/Axe for now.

Works fine for me...? And it casts super fast now.

If you mean not being able to cast it behind you, that's really a non-issue in raids since you should never be in front of the boss with your back turned to it.

@"Ojimaru.8970" said:No, I mean the nonsensical "No Line of Sight" errors I get when using Spiritcrush. Case in point:

zwF0W2B.jpg

Your back is turned to the golem...?

Clearly can see those tiny asura size 2's pointing away from him.

And I mean, technically it is out of your line of sight since you're facing the other way... :bleep_bloop:

Pretty sure this is intended for WvW/PvP balance so you can't drop big slow fields behind you while you're running away, although thinking about them worrying about something a Renegade does in competitive game modes being OP is laughable... Either way, it shouldn't affect you in end game PvE at all since there are exactly zero situations you should be facing away from your target (breaking Arkk's fear beam in 100CM aside, but then again, nobody is playing Condi Ren in 100CM anyways.)

@narcx.3570 saidPretty sure this is intended for WvW/PvP balance so you can't drop big slow fields behind you while you're running away,

Except you can do that with every Chronomancer Well. Wells that apply Slow, Chill, and even three instances of hard CC.GxqQgtE.jpg

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@narcx.3570 saidPretty sure this is intended for WvW/PvP balance so you can't drop big slow fields behind you while you're running away,

Except you can do that with every Chronomancer Well. Wells that apply Slow, Chill, and even three instances of hard CC.
GxqQgtE.jpg

Anet is odd with their "unable to cast whilst target is behind" mentality. Scourge torch 5 is another example of cc skills that cant be cast behind you.

@Rebel.6419 said:

@Rebel.6419 said:Do you have a link to the build itself? Is this for open world? Raids etc?

You use this build in open world pve?

No, this is a min/max'd dps raid build...I mean, you CAN use it in open world PvE, because everything works there... But for open world stuff, I would recommend you take Invocation instead of Devastation for the extra no-energy-cost stunbreak and the free cleanse--both of which go miles towards preventing your death. Most open world deaths occur when you lose control of your character.

@Ertrak.9506 said:Based on the examples above it seems to be utility skills can be placed behind you regardless of effects, but weapon skills cannot.

It really depends on the skill... Just off the top of my head, you can use ground targeted Ele staff skills behind you no problem, while some other skills automatically force your character to face the direction you cast them (like engi grenades or Ranger/DH Longbow skills). However, Spiritcrush just gives you the red circle, making it unable to cast until you face the proper direction or adjust your target relative to your body--and honestly this just seems in line with lots of other Revenant skills that require manual aiming (SotM, off-and-on again incarnations of Echoing Eruption, Temporal Rift, Sevenshot, Shackling Wave, etc...) Being able to actually aim your skills has been a big part of the Revenant class identity, with mixed results and opinions.

Whether or not this is intended or is a bug like Ojimaru thinks is really whatever tho, since it shouldn't make an ounce of difference in your gameplay in regards to this thread... If you find yourself facing away from your target so much that this is an issue for you in raiding, you have much bigger problems than Spiritcrush's mechanics... :trollface:

Archived