Current State of Ele in WvW/Fractals/PVP

asmariya.1096

Hi everyone, I'm a returning player and I've read about quite a bit of buffs and nerfs to elementalist. I'm running Tempest right now in WvW and Weaver in low level fractals. I mostly just want to know if elementalist is still good overall and what their best builds are right now. TIA!

@asmariya.1096 said:Hi everyone, I'm a returning player and I've read about quite a bit of buffs and nerfs to elementalist. I'm running Tempest right now in WvW and Weaver in low level fractals. I mostly just want to know if elementalist is still good overall and what their best builds are right now. TIA!

In PvE Weaver it retardedly broken with too high of DMG, on brain dead rotation. If you want to run fractals, take it, git good and everyone will want you

@asmariya.1096 said:Hi everyone, I'm a returning player and I've read about quite a bit of buffs and nerfs to elementalist. I'm running Tempest right now in WvW and Weaver in low level fractals. I mostly just want to know if elementalist is still good overall and what their best builds are right now. TIA!

Tempest is dead in WvW Backline Weaver is the way to go, Weaver is pretty good in PvE takes time to learn but it's pretty fun

@Bakeneko.5826 said:

In PvE Weaver it kitten broken with too high of DMG, on brain dead rotation. If you want to run fractals, take it, git good and everyone will want you

Weaver is actually not broken lol, your probably using the new benchmarks from SC and when a class that has CC, High Health pool, heavy armour and is top DPS compared to a class with low health pool, light armour and next to no CC then that is broken not Weaver

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

In PvE Weaver it kitten broken with too high of DMG, on brain dead rotation. If you want to run fractals, take it, git good and everyone will want you

Weaver is actually not broken lol, your probably using the new benchmarks from SC and when a class that has CC, High Health pool, heavy armour and is top DPS compared to a class with low health pool, light armour and next to no CC then that is broken not Weaver

In 4 years playing as Elementalist, I've never seen it perform better than it is doing now, while core ele and tempest goes to dump.

@Bakeneko.5826 said:

In 4 years playing as Elementalist, I've never seen it perform better than it is doing now, while core ele and tempest goes to dump.

PoF meta, Anet gotta sell them expansions. Weaver was actually where it should be in PvE if it doesn't do amazing DPS then there is no point in Weaver, the nerf MS got was pretty dumb if you play PvE since it just creates more problems than fixes them.

Most impactful build in pve and wvw (zergs, not roaming) is staff weaver, glass cannon build focused on doing as much damage as possible (with aoe CC in wvw). Tempest is now purely a support spec (meaning that there's no point of playing it as dps in groups since there are much better options, but dps tempest still work quite well in open world) but it's somewhat niche in both pve and wvw since there are better support options. It does offer very strong heals so it's always handy, but never really necessary (if that makes any sense).

Not a big fan of pvp, but I believe that sword weaver is meta there which is basically a bunker type of build focused on self sustain and is pretty good at dueling, but has somewhat low damage output.

Snowcrows, godsofpvp and ezbuilds are great sources for builds in raids, pvp and wvw zergs. For everything else, there's metabattle.

Off topic: ignore this bakeneko person, they seem triggered about ele for some reason and trolling most of the posts around here.

@Bakeneko.5826 said:

@"asmariya.1096" said:Hi everyone, I'm a returning player and I've read about quite a bit of buffs and nerfs to elementalist. I'm running Tempest right now in WvW and Weaver in low level fractals. I mostly just want to know if elementalist is still good overall and what their best builds are right now. TIA!

With all due respect, are you high? Too high damage? Braindead rotation? Like... point me one rotation that is less "braindead" in this game.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@"asmariya.1096" said:Hi everyone, I'm a returning player and I've read about quite a bit of buffs and nerfs to elementalist. I'm running Tempest right now in WvW and Weaver in low level fractals. I mostly just want to know if elementalist is still good overall and what their best builds are right now. TIA!

With all due respect, are you high? Too high damage? Braindead rotation? Like... point me
one
rotation that is less "braindead" in this game.

Old condi Engi rotation? Honestly, Weaver rotation is piss easy, you juggle fire + earth and attune to air when storm is off CD, or go GS/Hammer if all skills are on CD.

I play core elementalist and the best build is the Fresh Air build that uses sc/f as it's weapon set and uses the specializations Air, Water and Arcane. It's not very beginner-friendly because it takes a lot of practice to execute it well, but once you get the hang of it, it is very powerful.

@Bakeneko.5826 said:

With all due respect, are you high? Too high damage? Braindead rotation? Like... point me
one
rotation that is less "braindead" in this game.

Old condi Engi rotation? Honestly, Weaver rotation is kitten easy, you juggle fire + earth and attune to air when storm is off CD, or go GS/Hammer if all skills are on CD.

Old condi engi doesn't have to pick up conjures from the ground and doesn't have long channel skills that root you in place and make you lose a ton of damage upon interrupt. Wanna try again?

Ele in wvw over all has fallen to a rare to see level fun to play but very pointless and sub best roll. The old field support for blasting has fallen way behind support skills and over all ele dmg is to easy to deal with.

I know nothing about pve.

@Jski.6180 said:Ele in wvw over all has fallen to a rare to see level fun to play but very pointless and sub best roll. The old field support for blasting has fallen way behind support skills and over all ele dmg is to easy to deal with.

You know nothing about wvw too apparently. Ele keeps getting better and better since other dps options get nerfed while ele is getting buffed. Not by much, but it adds up over time.

@steki.1478 said:

@Jski.6180 said:Ele in wvw over all has fallen to a rare to see level fun to play but very pointless and sub best roll. The old field support for blasting has fallen way behind support skills and over all ele dmg is to easy to deal with.

You know nothing about wvw too apparently. Ele keeps getting better and better since other dps options get nerfed while ele is getting buffed. Not by much, but it adds up over time.

If you say so BUT the last 2 updates has pushed ele down more and more of over all use. Less to do with what was changed on ele more to do with what was changed on other classes. Eng has effectually taken over any support ele use to do (ele still a some what balanced type of class all though after the last 2 updates its only roll is dmg on a wepon that NOT made for pure dmg.)

Ele has is so out dated and it keep getting more out dated with every update. At least for pvp but i image for pve too.

@Jski.6180 said:

If you say so BUT the last 2 updates has pushed ele down more and more of over all use. Less to do with what was changed on ele more to do with what was changed on other classes. Eng has effectually taken over any support ele use to do (ele still a some what balanced type of class all though after the last 2 updates its only roll is dmg on a wepon that NOT made for pure dmg.)

Ele has is so out dated and it keep getting more out dated with every update. At least for pvp but i image for pve too.

Weaver in PvE is still fine, SC benchmarks are probably never going to happen in a real raid scenario, Weaver in WvW is amazing, I personally love it

@Jski.6180 said:

It has nothing to do with state of ele in wvw though. Tempest was barely even played and is still one of the best healing classes, engi had nothing to do with it. Even engi cant compete with guard or chrono, there's just more diversity for pure healers.

The only thing outdated on ele is dagger, but ele has enough good builds to ignore that fact.

@steki.1478 said:

It has nothing to do with state of ele in wvw though. Tempest was barely even played and is still one of the best healing classes, engi had nothing to do with it. Even engi cant compete with guard or chrono, there's just more diversity for pure healers.

The only thing outdated on ele is dagger, but ele has enough good builds to ignore that fact.

Well that a problem if any one barely even plays tempest as it was the most played version of ele for 2 years? after hot and now its not even in the game after weaver. You need to play eng its realty something else now.

All fields and finishers are out dated and most of the GM on ele are out dated as can be. Auras are also out dated.

@steki.1478 said:Most impactful build in pve and wvw (zergs, not roaming) is staff weaver, glass cannon build focused on doing as much damage as possible (with aoe CC in wvw). Tempest is now purely a support spec (meaning that there's no point of playing it as dps in groups since there are much better options, but dps tempest still work quite well in open world) but it's somewhat niche in both pve and wvw since there are better support options. It does offer very strong heals so it's always handy, but never really necessary (if that makes any sense).

That's such a pity. I like Tempest, but I dislike being forced to auto attack in water only. The dps doesn't have to be optimal, but it would have been nice to at least be viable (say, if top dps specs are 35k, I'd be ok with 27-30k, but right now the best I can do is 22k and that's way too low for raids sadly).

Also, I'm a bit annoyed that everything revolves around conjures these days. I never liked that engineer required the use of kits and conjures becoming essential for ele too isn't something I'm looking forward to.

@ThiBash.5634 said:

@steki.1478 said:Most impactful build in pve and wvw (zergs, not roaming) is staff weaver, glass cannon build focused on doing as much damage as possible (with aoe CC in wvw). Tempest is now purely a support spec (meaning that there's no point of playing it as dps in groups since there are much better options, but dps tempest still work quite well in open world) but it's somewhat niche in both pve and wvw since there are better support options. It does offer very strong heals so it's always handy, but never really necessary (if that makes any sense).

That's such a pity. I like Tempest, but I dislike being forced to auto attack in water only. The dps doesn't have to be optimal, but it would have been nice to at least be viable (say, if top dps specs are 35k, I'd be ok with 27-30k, but right now the best I can do is 22k and that's way too low for raids sadly).

Also, I'm a bit annoyed that everything revolves around conjures these days. I never liked that engineer required the use of kits and conjures becoming essential for ele too isn't something I'm looking forward to.

To be fair, Tempest is a viable niche pick on some fights. Its single target dps is somewhat lacking, but it has excellent cleave. Besides, if you're doing 22k on tempest, you're doing something wrong.

@Feanor.2358 said:

To be fair, Tempest is a viable niche pick on some fights. Its single target dps is somewhat lacking, but it has excellent cleave. Besides, if you're doing 22k on tempest, you're doing something wrong.

This. In fractals tempest still stomps weaver in Chaos and Oasis (maybe Facility), just because you have to to move so much, our you get easily displaced. But Weaver just blows Tempest out of the universe in other fractals

(PVP) Currently there is no spot for any ele in top ATm/tournaments teams

In case of ranked ,,everything" is playable if you are already experienced player. That means if you don't have some experience about rotating and pvp roles you will be quickly stomped by current more much easier meta classes/builds so:

• Fresh Air core and Fresh weaver are ok if you understand +1 role and now how to kite to survive
  • Sw/D weaver if you know how to contest nodes and deal with being outnumbered
  • Tempest actually is dead

Ele is super weak outside tagging AI /wvw bots with a staff...not a class worth playing if you're a solo player:

1.It's atrocious to roam with, you really have to meet the worst of the worst out there who simply rush/tank you all day without dodging/healing...doing nothing basically, you get instantly demolished in outnumbered situation against anything with a brain between their ears, in the same way only a perfect moron hotjoiner will try to hug you while using primordial stance

2-Outclassed by scourge in wvw zergs, you may be welcome...but never necessary

1. In pvp you may find some success as side node fighter because 80% of the vets have left the game and 20% are perma top 20, so you're left with fighting garbage that can only facetank dmg on their copy/paste OP spec even at platinum level

Ele is a cesspool of a design, outside organized carebear mode ( PvE) you're virtually useless

@"Arheundel.6451" said:Ele is super weak outside tagging AI /wvw bots with a staff...not a class worth playing if you're a solo player:

1.It's atrocious to roam with, you really have to meet the worst of the worst out there who simply rush/tank you all day without dodging/healing...doing nothing basically, you get instantly demolished in outnumbered situation against anything with a brain between their ears, in the same way only a perfect moron hotjoiner will try to hug you while using primordial stance

1. In pvp you may find some success as side node fighter because 80% of the vets have left the game and 20% are perma top 20, so you're left with fighting garbage that can only facetank dmg on their copy/paste OP spec even at platinum level

Ele is a cesspool of a design, outside organized carebear mode ( PvE) you're virtually useless

That's heavily exaggerated. I've tried the scourge in zergs, and I quickly went back to my weaver. It's just much more fun to me. And I definitely don't feel useless. The scourges have much more pressure, but I have much higher burst. Overall our damage works out to be similar in the long run - often with some advantage for me actually - but we serve different purpose.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:Ele is super weak outside tagging AI /wvw bots with a staff...not a class worth playing if you're a solo player:

1. In pvp you may find some success as side node fighter
    because 80% of the vets have left the game and 20% are perma top 20
    , so you're left with fighting garbage that can only facetank dmg on their copy/paste OP spec even at platinum level

That's heavily exaggerated. I've tried the scourge in zergs, and I quickly went back to my weaver. It's just much more fun to me. And I definitely don't feel useless. The scourges have much more pressure, but I have much higher burst. Overall our damage works out to be similar in the long run - often with some advantage for me actually - but we serve different purpose.

, so you're left with fighting garbage that can only facetank dmg on their copy/paste OP spec even at platinum level

Indeed I've exaggerated in a way, I do understand that some players enjoy playing something while sitting on the edge of a sharp knife where every mistake can means a trip back to respawn, that's a legit playstyle and nobody got anything against it. Some enjoy the ele design to a point that no matter what they'll play it....fair enough but this is not a class I recommend for more laid back gameplay which seems to be the case with the OP. He must comes from the time where playing ele was more overall less stressful and ele got nerfed tenfold since then

Archived