e-mail authentification spam

Hello !I recently introduced my nephew to the game. He was at my home then, so now his account is tied to my IP adress it seems, as if it was MY account and not his. We see each other regularly and thus every times he gets back to his home, he has to enter a code sent on his mailbox in order to log in.Is there a way to prevent this ?Also, he created his first character on the wrong realm and he cannot play with me yet because of this. He submitted a ticket last week, but still no answer from the support.His account is BENOIST.2167Thanks for your help

When logging in from a new IP that requires authentication, you're given a choice to remember it. You can have multiple networks remembered at a time, which you can view under account.arena.net. If you don't choose to remember it, you're required to authenticate it every time.

If it's a free account, transferring is disabled, so your only option is to create a new account or buy it, which comes with a free transfer. If it's a paid account, deleting all the characters will allow the account to transfer for free.

If it's a free account, transferring is disabled, so your only option is to create a new account or buy it

That is not correct : https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000712327-I-Want-to-Delete-Deactivate-My-AccountIt says this near the end : "As a free account, we’d be happy to transfer you (as a one-time service) to another non-full server if you selected the incorrect server upon creating your account; simply contact support and we’ll get it worked out!"Hence the ticket.

@"Aodlop.1907" said:

If it's a free account, transferring is disabled, so your only option is to create a new account or buy it

That is not correct :
It says this near the end : "As a free account, we’d be happy to transfer you (as a one-time service) to another non-full server if you selected the incorrect server upon creating your account; simply contact support and we’ll get it worked out!"Hence the ticket.

Support is currently backed up to the point that tickets are taking 10 days (give or take) to be resolved. So, your nephew may be waiting a while. If he hasn't made much progress on his current account, it might be better to just make a new free account and start over that way.

Archived