Farmed two Funerary Incenses and I am already bored

Why did they tie these legendary gift ingredient with the most boring hearts of PoF (Vabbi)? Why should they be tied with hearts in the first place? What's the reason behind this decision? PoF maps are wastelands you barely can find any people and that's pretty sad because it's by far the best designed content of GW2. Give those maps some life add incenses as a legendary bounty drop like the Elegy Mosaics. I would happily do some dozens of bounties to get the necessary amount of incenses for the gift plus this would motivate more people to visit more regularly PoF maps - as is with the Dragon Stand.

The Vehjin(run around and smash the dirty dishes) and necropolis(the training one not the casket, set your 1 have auto attack enabled and use the practice dummies) ones should be quick. Vehtendi Academy one might be as well just talk to the kids in class.

That being said I would never go the PoF route for making these legendaries. Making a new character and doing HoT map completion is much faster than grinding out all the mosaics and then then time gated incense. If the incense didn't require AGs then there would have been some incentives to do PoF. That would have been in line with how other time gated things work. You could do it faster but it will cost you more or you wait through the gating but it's cheaper.

@Linken.6345 said:To make it a easy daily cap I would imagen.

Yes but still the rate to acquire the Funerary Incenses compared to Crystalline Ore isn't equivalent.

You can make the 250 Crystalline Ingots in a matter of days so something isn't well designed here. Why should someone go for the gift of desert which would require farming those hearts a lot of days when he can just pop up a new char explore Heart of Maguuma, do 3 or 4 Dragon Stand Metas and be done with it?

@Dreddo.9865 said:

Yes but still the rate to acquire the Funerary Incenses compared to Crystalline Ore isn't equivalent.

You can make the 250 Crystalline Ingots in a matter of days so something isn't well designed here. Why should someone go for the gift of desert which would require farming those hearts a lot of days when he can just pop up a new char explore Heart of Maguuma, do 3 or 4 Dragon Stand Metas and be done with it?

Well one pretty obvious reason would be they own pof but not hot.

@Linken.6345 said:

To craft the legendaries you NEED HoT, so this wouldn't be a thing.

I think they did it just in case people absolutely wanted to play PoF, or that they'd get some of them from their normal play idk

Either way, it's tied to the hearts because there's the same limit on the gemstones in HoT as well, just to balance it out.

@"Blocki.4931" said:To craft the legendaries you NEED HoT, so this wouldn't be a thing.

I think they did it just in case people absolutely wanted to play PoF, or that they'd get some of them from their normal play idk

Either way, it's tied to the hearts because there's the same limit on the gemstones in HoT as well, just to balance it out.I think not all the 'gen 2 legendaries' require HoT to be crafted .Then Gemstones can be found in the TP. It is the Crystalline Ore which is "time-gated' but can still be farmed in 4 to 5 DS Instances (depending on your luck).

According to Wiki: Warning: Time-gated content. It takes at least 14 Days to gather the Funerary Incense!

And the way to gather them doing the most boring hearts in all PoF? :)

@Blocki.4931 said:

To craft the legendaries you NEED HoT, so this wouldn't be a thing.

Nope. The Post-Collection gen2's can be made with either Gift of Maguuma Mastery or Gift of Desert Mastery. Those are thus available to PoF-only players.

And before anyone makes the claim - no, Gemstones are not a HoT item, they are Core. They were in the game before HoT, they are made from items dropping throughout the game, and they are tradeable.

Archived