Why Reckless Dodge deals more dmg than Bound?

Urejt.5648

Innate damage modifiers. 15% on Trickery 17-27% on Daredevil, 10%+ on DA, 17+Pile of Ferocity on CS, etc.

All damage modifiers are multiplicative, so 15% and 10% from Tr and DA alone is really a 27% increase. The more modifiers, the better damage.

Without running Berserker's Power and another trait line dedicated to offense, Warrior doesn't really have any.

Bound itself provides an additional 10% damage to all attacks after the dodge, so if you dodge twice it basically averages (840 + 840 * 1.1)/2 = 882 without factoring the above extra modifiers from various lines. This can make BD hit way harder than RD.

As for sPvP, it was nerfed because of the spammability of damage prior to the nerfs to SoA and CV's endurance refund. These allowed BD thieves to basically dodge endlessly while pumping out seriously high skill damage coefficients. Even still, the dodge rate is much better on thief than warrior, as even on-swap sigils have ICD's longer than that of fast hands'.

@"Urejt.5648" said:Could somebody explain to me why warrior's first adept trait "Reckless Dodge" (880 dmg) deals more dmg than Devil's "Bound" (840 dmg)? Shouldnt grand master trait be more powerfull than basic adept trait?

Also considering that reckless is unblockable while bounding is not.

2 dodges vs 3 is not a real argument considering warrior dodges just as much as thief does in reality with the right build. While they may not have 3 base dodges its super easy for them to gain endurance back.

Ideally bounding gives a passive buff though which improves all damage including the bounding dodge itself + a combo finisher blast (while performing an evade).

Ideally i would say that they are well balanced out from one another.

@Blacksarevok.8104 said:

@Blacksarevok.8104 said:bound gives a damage bonus

shouldnt grand master trait give much more value than minor basic trait?

10% damage for 4 seconds is pretty strong my dude

Except that you used another trait to get that, not the gm itself, whereas a warrior would be getting survivability or whatever else it picks for its minor traits in addition to having more damage than thief gm trait

This is all based on the idea though that gm traits should provide more bonuses than a regular trait which idk if that is typically true

@Legatus.3608 said:

Except that you used another trait to get that, not the gm itself, whereas a warrior would be getting survivability or whatever else it picks for its minor traits in addition to having more damage than thief gm trait

This is all based on the idea though that gm traits should provide more bonuses than a regular trait which idk if that is typically true

I am not sure what you mean here. Bounding Dodger adds 10 percent more damage inherently. It not another trait. Recless dodge does not grant all other skills 10 percent more damage and Bounding does. Now one might argue that the 4 second window not enough but I found it very usefil for setting up an attack after the dodge itself.

@babazhook.6805 said:

I am not sure what you mean here. Bounding Dodger adds 10 percent more damage inherently. It not another trait. Recless dodge does not grant all other skills 10 percent more damage and Bounding does. Now one might argue that the 4 second window not enough but I found it very usefil for setting up an attack after the dodge itself.

Ah yeah my bad you're right, I was thinking of the traits wrong. Typically I think the intended use would be to staff 5 after dodging so it's a lot more damage

Archived