Mastery Points not rewarding? Or just me

organik.1968

Not really sure if its a bug or what, but I am on the part of the story where you get the next mount after the raptor and for some reason, I haven't earned any mastery points even though its saying I am being rewarded them. I have and should have enough to unlock the next portion of the raptor training but for some odd reason, I don't. Now the problem is my XP bar is maxed out Im ready to unlock the next thing but I only have one Mastery point to use, trying to figure out what to do next or if there is anything I can do.

Indeed I am, Which is why its so weird.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Here's a list of some Mastery Point unlocks: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks#Crystal_Desert_mastery_points

Whenever you achieve a Mastery Point, a big pink-purple star appears in the middle of the screen that you must accept. Are those showing up when you think you are being awarded?

Madman.6912, I took what @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said and took the wiki and went and found some mastery points and unlocked it to get the next springer mount, that really helped me. I am going to do the next part of the story and see if it rewards a mastery point, so we'll see. If it works then I'll just close the thread, but if it doesnt i'll try and contact the devs.

@organik.1968 said:Madman.6912, I took what @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said and took the wiki and went and found some mastery points and unlocked it to get the next springer mount, that really helped me. I am going to do the next part of the story and see if it rewards a mastery point, so we'll see. If it works then I'll just close the thread, but if it doesnt i'll try and contact the devs.

Even with the help of that page I cant get enough points... I needed 3, managed to get 2, one even with exploiting what you should not be able to get, and ALL the rest need either canyon jumping OR the rabbit... seriously, cant get any more

Hm. Taking a shot in the dark here as I haven't experienced this problem - Did you do the story in a party? Specifically a party where you were not the leader? I've seen other threads where players said they didn't get rewards from completing story chapters in a party (while the host did) so I wonder if the mastery point unlock could be similar. When you look in your achievements, is the achievement for that story step completed?

@Glacial.9516 said:Hm. Taking a shot in the dark here as I haven't experienced this problem - Did you do the story in a party? Specifically a party where you were not the leader? I've seen other threads where players said they didn't get rewards from completing story chapters in a party (while the host did) so I wonder if the mastery point unlock could be similar. When you look in your achievements, is the achievement for that story step completed?

Nope. My mastery point experience bar says 368,808/366,808 but no matter what story missions I do or world events it will simply stay at this mastery point. This is especially aggravating because I need to upgrade the raptor mount to get to the springer village, so I have basically come to a standstill in the story till this bug is fixed.

• 2 months later...

Did you do the story on an alt expecting a mastery point as I believe you only get them once per account for each story section.

I would also suggest checking Dulfy, if I remember correctly there is a list of mastery points that is sorted by mastery level. I was having a similar problem but only needed one point, checking that site made me realise there was an easy commune one just outside Amnoon that I could get. That got me canyon jumping and then the rabbit mount and suddenly I have far more mastery points than I need at the moment and I'm back to filling in the experience bar.

The achievement panel can also help as the points are arranged by area so you might be able to find some there that will help you carry on.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have enough experience to unlock in raptor canyon jumping but nothing is happening. I have 368.808 Exp and I can not unlock the next mastery points. Because of this, I can not continue my game to jump canyon and have a mount springer. Before all this I had a flying raptor

@Neuropixs.9372 said:I have enough experience to unlock in raptor canyon jumping but nothing is happening. I have 368.808 Exp and I can not unlock the next mastery points. Because of this, I can not continue my game to jump canyon and have a mount springer. Before all this I had a flying raptor

Do you have the required Mastery Points? A screenshot would be helpful.