Renegade healer vs Herald Healer

Nivik.2961

Just looking to get the community feedback on this one. Always loved herald, love access to boons on demand. LOVE SHIELD. But I just spent the day on a minstrel renegade and damn... it’s pretty smooth man. The heal and the elite are incredibly strong, it seems you have more reason to swap legends (with renegade) which allows you to make better use of the heal modifiers on legend swap with salvation.Anybody have any thoughts/experience with this? Narcx?

@Nivik.2961 said:Just looking to get the community feedback on this one. Always loved herald, love access to boons on demand. LOVE SHIELD. But I just spent the day on a minstrel renegade and kitten... it’s pretty smooth man. The heal and the elite are incredibly strong, it seems you have more reason to swap legends (with renegade) which allows you to make better use of the heal modifiers on legend swap with salvation.Anybody have any thoughts/experience with this? Narcx?

If you need self-sustain, Herald will always be better... If not, then Renegade allows for more group might/alacrity to supplement your heals in a support role. (And Soulcleave can actually do some sneaky group dps in a raid, but it's sort of not accepted/known about by the general community because it doesn't show up on ArcDPS, so the numbers are sorta unknownish.)

So, I would say definitely Renegade, but Herald still has its merits for carrying a really bad group through content because it allows you to power rez through a ton of damage with double Infused Lights and provide permanent protection if your chronos aren't able to keep it up. Also, I would go Herald for Handkiting on Deimos since it's all about self sustain and on Sloth for access to a safer, more reliable group stunbreak.

That's all from a PvE mindset, for sPvP Herald is basically required for Facets of Light and Darkness. And WvW, both are whatever, you're going to be most likely camping Ventari/Mallyx (for group resistance spam) in zergs, so it doesn't totally matter--probably herald for the traited Infused Light tho.

Archived